Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:23 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesPP View Post
Never heard about that syndrome.

LOL. And there you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 01:27 PM

39 posts, read 34,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
LOL. And there you go.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:03 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
LOL.

And by the way, Ruth4Truth is 100% correct. Reread her posts, or have someone with a grain of emotional intelligence explain them to you. Maybe using diagrams and formulas.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You didn't. You haven't made it clear at all how you feel about her. You haven't mentioned whether or not you'd act on her "signals" if she weren't in your class. The implication has been that you're avoiding her advances just because she's in your class, and no other reason. It would be helpful if you could clarify your position. What you have said is that you don't want others in your class knowing what kind of underwear you wear. That implies you might pursue a relationship with this woman IF she weren't in your class. Maybe you didn't mean to imply that, but it's a pretty weird thing to say if you had no personal interest in her at all.

It's not normal to avoid exploring the potential for a personal relationship (assuming mutual interest) with someone just because they're in your class, and because you have an irrational fear that the person would tell classmates intimate details about you. Nobody else in college thinks like that. No one with a healthy psyche, anyway.
No, I'm not interested in her if I haven't made myself clear. I wouldn't want anything with her whether or not she was in my class.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Yes (fortunately). However, what does that have to do with social costumes? Is this not allowed to happen in the US?

If you were in the U.S. you would have had sex before this post reached three pages; hopefully.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
No, I'm not interested in her if I haven't made myself clear. I wouldn't want anything with her whether or not she was in my class.
Okay.

Then why is any of this a concern . . . you are not interested in her . . . she is obviously interested in you . . . you are not going to reciprocate by pretending to be interested in her . . . so you are going to be polite and distant, right?

How is this a problem?

Polite but distant should work . . . she will move on . . .

But yeah, this is not typical. Most guys would be thrilled to have someone come on to them and make it very clear they are interested.

That is why I mentioned the cultural differences. It seems to me you are taking all this much too seriously, i.e., if you act interested, or (GOD FORBID!) take her out on a date, will it mean you are engaged? She will announce you are a couple and heading towards marriage and you will be on a runaway train you cannot stop?

Somehow, I don't think so but I do think you are waaaaayyy too serious about this.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you were in the U.S. you would have had sex before this post reached three pages; hopefully.
I also wouldn't have sex with someone from my college.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
I also wouldn't have sex with someone from my college.
1. You won't date someone from your department

2. You won't have sex with anyone from your college

Just make that statement at lunch one day . . . that should solve the "dilemma" . . . the females will avoid you like the plague once you make it clear you don't date or have sex with classmates.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I also wouldn't have sex.

Fixed that for yah

Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay.

Then why is any of this a concern . . . you are not interested in her . . . she is obviously interested in you . . . you are not going to reciprocate by pretending to be interested in her . . . so you are going to be polite and distant, right?

How is this a problem?
It's very embarrassing to me and actually a bit suspicious when there are much better looking guys around who are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But yeah, this is not typical. Most guys would be thrilled to have someone come on to them and make it very clear they are interested.

That is why I mentioned the cultural differences. It seems to me you are taking all this much too seriously, i.e., if you act interested, or (GOD FORBID!) take her out on a date, will it mean you are engaged? She will announce you are a couple and heading towards marriage and you will be on a runaway train you cannot stop?

Somehow, I don't think so but I do think you are waaaaayyy too serious about this.
I don't like to have loose ends in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships