Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times

Advertisements

this thread is silly...

guys dont spend the weekend with side chicks or women they dont like

you think stating the obvious will "scare off" a guy youve been dating and taking trips with?

it's painful and annoying when women stress over and overthink things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's fine to ask in text. It makes it more casual, and that's a good thing .
This sounds like a good idea. If he asks why you're asking, you can always explain that you had a bad experience with the last guy you were with, so you wanted to clarify.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 PM

214 posts, read 382,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This sounds like a good idea. If he asks why you're asking, you can always explain that you had a bad experience with the last guy you were with, so you wanted to clarify.
Should I text him this? Hey just wondering if were bf/gf? I even have no clue what to say. Im really bad at this.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,491 times
OP is right to seek to define the relationship because exclusivity is never implied. To state otherwise is a reasoning fallacy. Until there is an exclusivity talk, no one is under any moral or ethical responsibility to not see anyone else. Until there is an exclusivity talk, whoever else someone is seeing is no one's business. Someone more relationship minded will tell you how to approach it, hopefully.

In the past I've taken women out on weekend trips and they assumed that we were exclusive when we were not, much to their heartbreak later on. I'd be sharing time with someone and taking her out on dates for weeks or months; and she would just assume that we were gf/bf, when nothing of that sort was said and I was casually dating multiple people with no intention to be exclusive with anyone.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I think "by text" is a terrible idea.

The next time you go out, just say something like, "Ever since we started dating, I have had so much fun. I really don't even want to go out with anyone else."

If he says, "Cool!" and leans in to kiss you, you're good. You also could then say, "What about you?"

Don't text it, because then it's like one of those grade school, "Do you like me? Check yes or no." notes.

Besides, if for SOME reason he does not get your text and doesn't answer right away, you'll be agonizing over that too.

TALK to him.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I think "by text" is a terrible idea.

The next time you go out, just say something like, "Ever since we started dating, I have had so much fun. I really don't even want to go out with anyone else."

If he says, "Cool!" and leans in to kiss you, you're good. You also could then say, "What about you?"

Don't text it, because then it's like one of those grade school, "Do you like me? Check yes or no." notes.

Besides, if for SOME reason he does not get your text and doesn't answer right away, you'll be agonizing over that too.

TALK to him.
Im not really good with face to face relationship conversation. Im afraid Im just gonna ruin it.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
How long have you been dating?
I would ask after a month. Some guys are shocked when you ask. If they say let's just keep dating and see how it goes, break it off. They are stringing you along.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
How long have you been dating?
I would ask after a month. Some guys are shocked when you ask. If they say let's just keep dating and see how it goes, break it off. They are stringing you along.
Two months and we just got back from a weekend trip together.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
Im really bad at this. Ive been wanting to ask him but I just couldnt make myself do it. We spent time from friday till sunday. I didnt bring it up and now I hate myself for not doing it. I think hes into me because he was happy spending the whole weekend with me right? I dont know what to do. I dont want to just assume that were together eventho it feels like we are.
Let me guess, you "couldn't make yourself" talk to him, but you had no trouble getting naked and having sex, right?

Your "status" with him is something you should have made sure of BEFORE you had sex if having a real relationship was your goal.

Fingers crossed that he's not just looking at you now as a booty call.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:15 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
Im not really good with face to face relationship conversation. Im afraid Im just gonna ruin it.
You're having sex with the guy but don't know him well enough to have a casual conversation with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships