Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:22 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If you get her number then you're in control of when you contact her and how to ask for a date. Women generally don't like to call, even if you give her "permission" by giving your number - it's still tough...maybe they'd text which might be as good but still low probability.
I'm usually not comfortable calling up someone else, unless they are someone I've known for a very long time. WhatsApp is the best medium of communication for me, and I'm willing to initiate if she agrees to that .

I like putting women at the drivers seat, and let them make the first move. Life is easier that way .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 08:27 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,489,435 times
As a guy, I always asked when I was interested. One time I had a woman I was not attracted to ask me, after talking with her a bit, and I gave her my business card. I have done that as well with women that I wasn't sure would give me their number.

But if you are going to ask a woman for her number hopefully you can gauge if there's interest, not just trolling for numbers which leads to women using those number services.

Confidence is what women want, and people in general.

So you have to ask, you have to take a chance on a kiss, and you have to close when you see a home run on the horizon.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
I gave my # to a guy when I was 27.He crashed a party at a restaurant for a friend.We talked, danced, talked more, and he seemed interested.I gave him my # and he never called.Oh well another one bites the dust.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,741 times
i always get the number and i give her mine so she knows it was me calling/texting her. I never got a fake number so I'm fortunate with that regard.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:56 AM

3 posts, read 5,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I had a guy get pissed and offended once when he asked for my number, but I declined to give it out, and told him I'd take his, instead.
Guy should just move on to the next.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:50 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Eh, I'd have called him (or would have, before I saw him throw a particularly unbecoming hissy fit, anyway).

Old 11-10-2014, 02:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
I did both with about equal levels of success. Of course, it depends on how you define "success." When you're at the exchanging number phase, I define success as a follow-up contact that leads to an in person meeting. From there all the usual rules apply. If you don't have chemistry, you don't have it. But you don't know that before giving your number or trying to get hers, so it's worth the shot.

If found giving my number to be less threatening in a world of growing uncertainties. I found asking if I could call to be assertive, but can be done in a non-threatening manner. And as I said, I didn't find one method to be any more successful than the other. I had good results and bad with both.

Perhaps the best example of me giving my number was to a woman who lived in the same building as I did. It was a mid-rise just outside downtown Denver. She was two floors above me and we met on the elevator one morning. In the few minutes it took to get to the ground floor and out to the parking lot, we really hit it off, making overly polite small talk and showing more interest in each other than most I'd meet in the elevator.

When we got to the parking lot she went her way and I went mine. I kicked myself for not trying to get her number or give mine so I quickly started scanning the parking lot for a moving vehicle. I spotted her car and made a mental note of the make and model. That night I walked up and down the parking lot until I found her car and left her a note.

The next night she called me. The night after that we went on a dinner date. We followed that up with a show the next night. By night 3 she was riding me like a bucking bronco. I had no shot of getting her off of me, though. This is the same woman I've mentioned before, who was 6'2" and very plus sized. She was a beauty. A light-skinned AA woman of 37. I was 23 at the time. She had a big butt, thick legs, trunk, and boobs so big I almost didn't know what to do with them! We went out in public and she'd wear heals, which made her tower over my 5'7" self. And she had an appetite that had clearly not been addressed for a while because she wore me out! Good thing I was young and pretty much indestructible back then, though I did hurt my back with her one night.

Sadly this is also the same girl who raised a political discussion, said her piece and tried to shush me when I tried to counter with a point of my own. That was the start of us splitting up. It was fun while it lasted though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships