Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:20 AM

39 posts, read 34,466 times

Advertisements

I'm known this girl for about 3 years, since we enrolled in the same university. She was always a good colleague, I enjoyed working with her in group assignments, she's very responsible and fun to be around.

However, this semester, she has been different. She's very, very friendly with me, always wants to sit next to me in class and I'm the first person she comes to greet when we're with other colleagues/friends.

If we are supposed to have a get together, she will ask me if I'm going and if I say no, she always tries to convince me to go.

I don't know what to do because in fact she never did anything special, she's just acting friendly. However, it's getting seriously awkward to be around her sometimes. I've caught her simply looking at me with a silly smile a number of times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
im kind of going thru same with a co-worker who last year verbally told me "I'm making a pass at you" at a free breakfast given by a pharmaceutical company. i was in a bad mood that day and i also suffer from social anxiety so i didn't know what to think of it. when i posted this months ago everybody here felt she did like me

now she seems to be honing in. i am much older than her and i do think shes kind of cute. but sometimes i think shes doing it because shes trying to get me to go to the drug company dinners which i don't because im diabetic and also have panic attacks. i also am going to be treated for cancer next month and i told her that not to elicit sympathy but to inform her if she had any hidden agenda (to get me to go to the dinners) that this was the reason i don't go

she also doesn't get along with her office roomate(another male) and might be looking to either share an office with me or use it when im not there(which is ok with me). so there may be hidden agendas involved

when i talk to her she gets all giggly and stumbles over her words. she doesn't always cooperate with our boss the way he wants and i fear she might be trying to create office drama (which i hate) so i am very standoffish tho i do like the attention and she seems ok otherwise

Old 12-14-2013, 09:39 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesPP View Post
I'm known this girl for about 3 years, since we enrolled in the same university. She was always a good colleague, I enjoyed working with her in group assignments, she's very responsible and fun to be around.

However, this semester, she has been different. She's very, very friendly with me, always wants to sit next to me in class and I'm the first person she comes to greet when we're with other colleagues/friends.

If we are supposed to have a get together, she will ask me if I'm going and if I say no, she always tries to convince me to go.

I don't know what to do because in fact she never did anything special, she's just acting friendly. However, it's getting seriously awkward to be around her sometimes. I've caught her simply looking at me with a silly smile a number of times.

And this is a problem because ...

R U asexual? Gay? In a committed relationship? Don't want to be in a relationship with another student? Cultural thing?

Help me out here ...

Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
And this is a problem because ...

R U asexual? Gay? In a committed relationship? Don't want to be in a relationship with another student? Cultural thing?

Help me out here ...
It's a problem because we were good colleagues and now I'm not at ease around her because I can't say if there are other intentions. She changed towards me very suddenly.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:00 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
if a man is hesitant about a woman it means they are asexual or gay? how about that the man just thinks with his brain?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
It's a problem because we were good colleagues and now I'm not at ease around her because I can't stay if there are other intentions. She changed towards me very suddenly.
Let me make it incredibly easy for you:

1) If you are attracted to her, then just let it happen.

2) If you are not attracted to her, then keep your distance.

There you go.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:02 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
It's a problem because we were good colleagues and now I'm not at ease around her because I can't stay if there are other intentions.
So... like Davros asked :"R U asexual? Gay? In a committed relationship? Don't want to be in a relationship with another student? Cultural thing? "

Why can't you stay if there are other intentions?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So... like Davros asked :"R U asexual? Gay? In a committed relationship? Don't want to be in a relationship with another student? Cultural thing? "

Why can't you stay if there are other intentions?
Sorry, I meant I can't say if there are other intentions.

No, I'm not asexual, gay or in a relationship. But yes, I would never be in a relationship a student from the same course.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Let me make it incredibly easy for you:

1) If you are attracted to her, then just let it happen.

2) If you are not attracted to her, then keep your distance.

There you go.
It's hard to keep a distance when I have to see her almost everyday. Besides, it would be strange to suddenly get away from her when she hasn't harmed in any way.

I'm trying to avoid having to speak with her since she might be just being nice and I would come across as a fool.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Quote:
Sorry, I meant I can't say if there are other intentions.

No, I'm not asexual, gay or in a relationship. But yes, I would never be in a relationship a student from the same course.

Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships