Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 PM

31,099 posts, read 22,143,475 times

Advertisements

My old gf has recently popped back into my life. She's on a trial split up with her currenty beau and recently asked me to come over to comfort her. I declined knowing that it most likely would pull us back into a relationship that I stepped out of because of circumstances out of either of our control.

I have had more than a few girlfriends in my life and a couple since we split to know that we had something that I doubt I will find easily in another woman. She had her fair share of boyfriends when she was younger and was coming out of a 8 year long marriage when we met. I'm not sure if she really was "the One" to use an over used term as of late, but I can say I was completely consumed by her and I know the feelings were mutual.

Cutting to the chase, she has always been a one man woman and was completely devoted to me until our split. She was completely devoted to her husband prior to me, and I know she has been completely devoted to her boyfriend until now??

My question for the women here is how can someone who is a one man woman rationalize calling up the old Love of your life and invite him over when you were just with your beau (or ex beau) 10 days prior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 04:08 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,020,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
??

My question for the women here is how can someone who is a one man woman rationalize calling up the old Love of your life and invite him over when you were just with your beau (or ex beau) 10 days prior?
10 days has passed. That's how. No overlap.

I think you have to look at her overall pattern. It sounds like she's a relationship hopper. She needs to be with someone. One man woman or not - that's not a good sign.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

I think you have to look at her overall pattern. It sounds like she's a relationship hopper. She needs to be with someone. One man woman or not - that's not a good sign.
^This.

OP, sounds like they're "on a break" or they've split up so she's not overlapping or cheating. Like you said, she was coming out of an 8 year marriage when you met her and you've both had relationships since you split. Curious--how long after you broke up did she begin dating someone else?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:

She has only been with 3 men over a 15 year period, with a year plus between her ex husband and me. I don't know if thats enough history to say she is a relationship hopper. I think she may be afraid to be alone so maybe. I almost feel as she's hedging her bet with me being back up. She is an extemely honest person, but I'm looking at this as being a little devious.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
^This.

OP, sounds like they're "on a break" or they've split up so she's not overlapping or cheating. Like you said, she was coming out of an 8 year marriage when you met her and you've both had relationships since you split. Curious--how long after you broke up did she begin dating someone else?
She did the fade on me, but from what I can tell it was probably about two months before mutual friends said she was seeing someone.

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
She is looking to see if you are going to be her back up plan if it does not work out with the current or last guy.

I doubt you both were so "consumed" though because you are now split up, completely consumed usually lasts completely.

2,386 posts, read 3,272,610 times
Quote:

I agree.......you would think that if she was that into him and was genuinely upset by the split that she would take time to heal and mend her broken heart not call her ex for comfort. To me this shows she can't or doesn't like to be on her own and that's not good hun, be careful

Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,020,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
She did the fade on me, but from what I can tell it was probably about two months before mutual friends said she was seeing someone.
You were the love of her life and she faded on you???

She's sounding worse and worse. Who labeled her a one man woman? You or her?

I sincerely hope you are not considering seeing her.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
She is looking to see if you are going to be her back up plan if it does not work out with the current or last guy.

I doubt you both were so "consumed" though because you are now split up, completely consumed usually lasts completely.
On a personal level it was. On a practicle level she had teen age sons that were stealing from me, she lived in a house that was full of animals and never met someone who she would turn down for help. Love does not conquer all in this case, I would have gone crazy if I was to move in with her and I would not expect her to give up on her kids..

Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,055,409 times
Can't answer your question. Her behavior isn't something I don't understand. Heck I don't even understand trial breakups!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships