Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Health, cleanliness, and good grooming. Wearing makeup doesn't fall into those categories. Lots of women go through puberty and into adulthood without suddenly feeling a pressing need to wear makeup.

Yeah true, but either way.. her attitude is completely off putting. So if she did end up meeting a guy who was looking for someone with a great and friendly personality, she probably wouldn't fall into that category either.

Just because someone spouts off about superficial jerks and doesn't wear makeup, doesn't make that person a great catch or mean they have a great personality.

I know tons of ugly women who are painful to even be near.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
I'd rather spend my time on, like reading and improving my writing and playing my favorite video games..

Yeah why waste time meeting interesting people when you could be playing video games.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah true, but either way.. her attitude is completely off putting. So if she did end up meeting a guy who was looking for someone with a great and friendly personality, she probably wouldn't fall into that category either.

Just because someone spouts off about superficial jerks and doesn't wear makeup, doesn't make that person a great catch or mean they have a great personality.

I know tons of ugly women who are painful to even be near.
Just because she doesn't wear makeup doesn't mean she doesn't have a great personality.

Strange associations people are making on this thread.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just because she doesn't wear makeup doesn't mean she doesn't have a great personality.

Strange associations people are making on this thread.
I didn't say that.

What I did say is that her personality is off putting. The whole "I do whatever I want I'm not changing" "everyone is superficial"
blah blah blah. I know that type.. I've seen it plenty of times.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I didn't say that.

What I did say is that her personality is off putting. The whole "I do whatever I want I'm not changing" "everyone is superficial"
blah blah blah. I know that type.. I've seen it plenty of times.
Gotcha. I'm betting she'll mellow out over time. Maybe some of that is just a response to people here telling her she'll want to use makeup when she "grows up" (her hormones kick into high gear). Kind of patronizing, really.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:59 PM

322 posts, read 504,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
To me, it just seems like people date for the wrong(well, what I think is wrong) reasons. It's all based on looks, "oh she's hot" or "oh, he's sexy" and superficial things.

I'm starting college in the fall and I have observed from facebook and instagram the guys I went to high school went have not grown up a bit. For some of them, their behavior/lifestyle even got more immature! So college guys will be almost a replica of high school guys. I didn't date in high school, just because I knew how most of them were.

I was reading a thread on the Fashion & Beauty forum of this site about whether or not guys like makeup on a girl. On the thread it was said that guys that claim to like no makeup on a girl a.k.a natural beauty actually mean that they really just like a girl who wears natural looking makeup. On that same thread, one person posted that most guys who actually want a 100% makeup free girl only wants a "plain jane" because they are controlling, know not many other guys would want her, and knows because of that, that girl will likely stay with him because her dating options are low. I have nothing against makeup. I use light makeup for special occasions. But for the other 360 days of the year, none. I know a lot of people say looks aren't everything, but those same people drool over celebrities.

I don't wear makeup because there are other things I'd rather spend my time on, like reading and improving my writing and playing my favorite video games. Right now I have no interest in boyfriends or dating because I want to focus on adjusting to college and choosing a major, but I know that eventually there will come a time where I do have an interest but then I think why bother dating? It's all about looks. At least in the beginning it is. Yeah, maybe once you date for a little bit the guy might care about your personality.. but how do you get the attention of that guy in the first place? Looks.

So here's the bottom line: I'd like to date eventually but I know my make-up less face will be a huge disadvantage. Oh well. I don't like the feel of make-up, it feels icky, and dirty. I choose my comfort and personality (just never been girly) over impressing guys. If a guy refuses to talk to me because I don't like wearing make-up, oh well. Not a guy I want to be with. And A LOT of guys care about looks no matter how much they deny it.
I'm in college and I don't date at all. Live your life the way you see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships