Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
What is up with these "I'm so ugly" threads? Do people really believe they are SO unattractive they can't ever meet anyone? Pics or you're not ugly.
Yes, honestly. Some people just lack self-esteem. Who knows, maybe they've had people tell them all their lives how ugly they are whether directly or indirectly.

Last edited by Ro2113; 01-20-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yes, honestly. Some people just lack self-esteem. Who knows, maybe they had people tell them all their lives how ugly they are.
That's honestly really sad. I grew up with my fair share of being told I was fugly as hell so I can empathize. I'd like to think it's easier to be confident as an adult but I suppose it's more difficult for others.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:49 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
That's honestly really sad. I grew up with my fair share of being told I was fugly as hell so I can empathize. I'd like to think it's easier to be confident as an adult but I suppose it's more difficult for others.
It is honestly, not everyone can overcome it without some help.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:12 AM

495 posts, read 684,755 times
If you are honestly barely a 2 imo you have 5 options. ( I'm a 4 sometimes a 5 myself)

1. The worst option. Just give up on dating.

2.Employ the ultra volume method and ask out as many women as you can. I'm talking about 1000s of women, mabey someone will say yes.

3.Somehow become rich.

4.Dedicate your free time to bodybuilding and try and become ripped.(it may take a few years)

5.And my favorite option. Just go to the Philippines, even the worst looking quasimoto can get a girlfriend within a week, and I'm NOT talking about paying for it. They love western men, white , black or brown.

And if people say they only want to date western men because of status and financial reasons, I would counter that financial reasons are the foundation of most relationships in the united states and most of the world.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Look a soul to love in return, not a doll to show of for your friends.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
At least you can empathize. That's good.

I think the normal response is from women is they can't believe that no man would could be unattractive to women. The truth is you don't even have to be hideous. There's lots of guys who are perfectly normal looking who ALL woman are not physically attracted to.

If you saw a pic of such a guy, you wouldn't think he was hideous or even ugly maybe, but you could see how women wouldn't be attracted to him.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:34 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm a 24 year old black male and not very good-looking (2 at best). All my life, I was told "You're too ugly to get an unattractive woman! No way you will get a woman who is sexy." All this came from my family, no lie it lowered my self-esteem & confidence to the point where I don't even ask women out at all. I assumed every woman in the world would reject me, so I just don't try at all. Being an introvert doesn't help either. I would never approach a woman out of my league either, that's rejection waiting to happen. So can someone as damaged as me date?
With enough cash, anything is possible...

Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
At least you can empathize. That's good.

I think the normal response is from women is they can't believe that no man would could be unattractive to women. The truth is you don't even have to be hideous. There's lots of guys who are perfectly normal looking who ALL woman are not physically attracted to.

If you saw a pic of such a guy, you wouldn't think he was hideous or even ugly maybe, but you could see how women wouldn't be attracted to him.
What, are there deformities, scars, etc.? People need to start using pics to illustrate what they mean.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
What, are there deformities, scars, etc.? People need to start using pics to illustrate what they mean.
There's tons of guys. Like this guy. Random pic from Google.

http://afewminuteswith.files.wordpre...puter-nerd.jpg

He's not hideous or deformed. He's in fact, perfectly normal looking. A guy like that would just not be attractive to women in general. Even his own.

If he really did up his hair and got cool glasses and cool clothes, could he attract a woman? I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.

But the point stands that almost all women would not find him physically attractive so he'd have to approach the game in another way.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:49 AM

97 posts, read 147,243 times
Quote:
Problem is, some people (like me, for example) are considered good-looking in the non-western sense but ugly because we don't fit into western framework of beauty. Fair or not, it is a reality for some of us. That sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships