Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post
I find this so hard to believe. Not saying you're lying, but unless you have a serious problem (like deformity, criminal record etc) no woman will be that mean. Women don't directly approach men - unless you're Brad Pitt lookalike - but they do give off signals that you should approach them...........
I'm not sure what you're saying.

It just takes more than being a good dude to be attractive to women. The less physically attractive you are, the longer the odds. It has nothing to do with them being mean, at least not in a direct sense.

Please do not get into the signals game/theory again. It's absolutely useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 PM

305 posts, read 376,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm a 24 year old black male and not very good-looking (2 at best). All my life, I was told "You're too ugly to get an unattractive woman! No way you will get a woman who is sexy." All this came from my family, no lie it lowered my self-esteem & confidence to the point where I don't even ask women out at all. I assumed every woman in the world would reject me, so I just don't try at all. Being an introvert doesn't help either. I would never approach a woman out of my league either, that's rejection waiting to happen. So can someone as damaged as me date?
Just gotta make a good living. Look at the Maloof Bros. Trump? Mark Cuban. Biggie/Puffy. Nobody would give them the time if they did not have money. Rapper Mase said it best, "I'm getting head from girls that used to hardly speak."

Old 01-24-2014, 11:06 PM

322 posts, read 504,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migzz View Post
What women do you want? White, black, latina, or Asian?
Right now, I want a white woman.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:59 PM

377 posts, read 619,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

It just takes more than being a good dude to be attractive to women. The less physically attractive you are, the longer the odds. It has nothing to do with them being mean, at least not in a direct sense.

It's best not to waste your time with some of the posters on here. Many of them live in some idealized world that is clearly not the reality that most of us reside in. In their fictitious world, no one is really ugly, everyone always has a select group of people that are attracted to them and they can pursue relationships with.

You will never convince these people, ever. Best to give up and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGreat1 View Post
Just gotta make a good living. Look at the Maloof Bros. Trump? Mark Cuban. Biggie/Puffy. Nobody would give them the time if they did not have money. Rapper Mase said it best, "I'm getting head from girls that used to hardly speak."
Yes, because every ugly man can be a billionaire. Great advice. Also, the whole money thing really works once you hit well into the millions. 6 figures is not at all impressive to women in general.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 AM

90 posts, read 118,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

This is the problem. You're making an assumption that women care about looks - they don't. They care about personality. Be a good guy and women will come to you. It is that simple.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:07 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
This is the problem. You're making an assumption that women care about looks - they don't. They care about personality. Be a good guy and women will come to you. It is that simple.
Nah........

Old 01-25-2014, 09:13 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,724 times
Go to the gym and work out a little. You don't have to become ripped, just get in better shape and get some muscle tone in your arms. I've just started working out and I feel so much better about myself and more confident. Women will see that confidence.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 AM

457 posts, read 604,740 times
Quote:
Totally not true, you need to have the opportunity to prove you're a good guy to a woman first, and that requires they give you the chance.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:28 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times
IMHO, you will either need a lot of cheddar (if that type of girl is appealing to you) or a lot of personality, charisma, and confidence.

You may have to stage campaigns of conquest - as opposed to being good looking and just saying "hello", but I see no reason you can't have what you want.

Instead of worrying about finding a girl, concentrate on making yourself the best person you can be while also making yourself known in your community.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
Getting women is exactly like sales. What you are selling is yourself.

Some men are very good at sales and are able to get women to "buy" a crappy product.

Some guys are poor at sales, but their product sells itself.

For many men, they are bad at sales and their product is poor as well.

That's why it's important to improve the product and your sales pitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships