Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times

Advertisements

No. And this thread is garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
How old is the old luxury car? A 2008? Or a 1996? Big difference!
OK, now I will confess. I actually am very impressed with a beautifully restored luxury any brand of car from the 1920's or 1930's.

So age does make a difference. I also appreciate that sort of commitment to a hobby. I like a man who has varied interests and can follow a project through to the end.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:35 AM

631 posts, read 1,072,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Doesn't matter.

The car needs to be safe to ride in, relatively clean inside and odor-free.
That is why so many young girls pay attention and smile when see a man driving a fancy coupe.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:36 AM

631 posts, read 1,072,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And no bodies in the trunk!
Goodfellas.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
First man has an old luxury car. Let it be BMW.
Second man has a new cheap car. Let it be Ford.

The price of both cars is the same. Let's assume that other features of these men are the same.

Question for young girls and women: Does it really matter to you what car a man who is trying to have a date with you drives.

I believe old luxury cars like Jaguar, Mercedes, or Audi still has some charm and charisma in them while new but cheap ones like Ford or Kia have a hint of boredom.

I guess if I was a young girl I'd choose the first one, the one with the BMW.

What is your take on this issue?
I hope this question isn't similar to the one previously posted on this forum about the size of a man's penis is equivalent to the price of the wine or champagne bottle he provides on a dinner date.

Perhaps karma will hit me with this, but I prefer anything BUT a kia or neo geo (the models I'm thinking were back WAY in the 90s) so prolly not.

If you have a love for old luxury cars, then perhaps Mrs. Right will too! Do what you do best: be who you are and accept yourself.

Confidence, no matter how beat up or raggedy a guy's car is? Delicioso! Muy Picante!! (Just minus the 90s kia or geo metro- I rather him ride a bike)

Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
That is why so many young girls pay attention and smile when see a man driving a fancy coupe.
Yeah, that only happens when I'm driving by the High School bus stops

Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Young girls, young guys, old girls, old guys. Lots of us appreciate a fine car.
That has nothing to do with dating, however.

How do you go through life being so insecure?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 AM

432 posts, read 491,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I'm a self-confessed car guy, drive and appreciate fine automobiles, but I don't think I'd want to be with someone who was so focused on what I drive that it's practically a litmus test for relationship compatibility.

My wife can't tell the difference between a Maserati Quatroporte and a Jaguar XJ, but that's ok. I love her anyways, and will one day convert her into a car nut or die trying!

--Dim
This.

I owned a Viper for about six years, and Lotus for two after that. I'd get a crap ton of dudes coming up to me and asking me, "You must get a ton of p---y with that thing?". "No, I get a ton of guys like you asking me that.". Women do not care in the least.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Young girls, young guys, old girls, old guys. Lots of us appreciate a fine car.
That has nothing to do with dating, however.

How do you go through life being so insecure?
Exactly. I love cars, and have even restored a few of my own...and have driven some pretty incredible cars on famous racetracks.

I've NEVER once looked at a guy's car and become more or less interested in him based on what kind of car it is. Now, the condition made a difference, but not the make/model/worth.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
This.

I owned a Viper for about six years, and Lotus for two after that. I'd get a crap ton of dudes coming up to me and asking me, "You must get a ton of p---y with that thing?". "No, I get a ton of guys like you asking me that.". Women do not care in the least.
I have had similar experiences...but it's ok because I love talking cars and will chat with anyone who has a question to ask. I drive a car to enjoy the experience, not to get the attention of the fairer sex. To me, an automobile is about the feelings and emotions I get when I feel my brain get pushed towards the back of my skull, or when I hit the apex of a turn just right, or when the envelope is pushed just a little too far for my comfort and it becomes a learning experience.

But, that's just me. YMMV.

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships