Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
I already do. I meet new people all the time...just none of them are attractive single women. I met 5 new people yesterday. 3 dudes and a couple girls who were already taken
What a terrible shame than not a single one of those 5 people know any other people besides you, or will ever invite you to any social outings where other human beings might be. It is also tragic that because you did not meet any single, attractive woman yesterday or the day before, you never will. Your life will be one long, tedious exercise in meeting ugly, attached people from now until death. I want to cry for you.

Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-20-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM

113 posts, read 275,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Nope it wouldn't work for you. Other people yes, but not for you. Why? Because you are already speaking on it in the negative.
This is all I've read about online dating:

Men: none of the women respond on there except for those who ar: extremely overweight/have other serious issues. Any cute girl is getting flooded with 10,000 messages a day
Women: none of the men on there are looking for anything but sex and/or they are weirdos and freaks

Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What a terrible shame than not a single one of those 5 people know any other people besides you, or will ever invite you to any social outings where other human beings might be. It is also tragic that because you did not meet any single, attractive woman yesterday or the day before, you never will. Your life will be one long, tedious exercise in meeting ugly, attached people from now until death. I want to cry for you.

I don't understand your response here. I never said or implied any of those things

What I did say is I constantly meet new people all the time in various social gatherings but I have terrible luck in finding any attractive women in that group who are single. Obviously I'm going to keep trying but it seems to be based on luck whether or not I will meet anybody I fancy. I would like a more solid approach

Old 01-19-2014, 03:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
This is all I've read about online dating:

Men: none of the women respond on there except for those who ar: extremely overweight/have other serious issues. Any cute girl is getting flooded with 10,000 messages a day
Women: none of the men on there are looking for anything but sex and/or they are weirdos and freaks
So online dating may not be for you or ....

So what? You are going to listen to a few jokers with bad experiences or are you going to get out there and find out what works and doesn't work for you based on your own life.

There are plenty of men in here who have issues finding a date and they are all different and they are not indicative of the whole.

What these men see as 'attractive/unattractive, overweight and old - another may not it's all subjective.

When you say "OLD" you are already negating women who could be in your dating pool. You've already placed a distaste for older women. You've defeated yourself without even trying.

Now, if you aren't attracted to older women....then you aren't.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you know what a suburb is? It's a satellite of a big city. So you live near a big city. What's stopping you from participating in activities in the city?

I don't know much about the city. I don't really have any friends or family there. I don't know what activities I could really do plus it's just so impractical as driving there can take an hour and a half if there is any traffic

I would actually be open to moving there because it's a great place but it's just tough cause I am so settled in my current location (plus my current lease on my apartment runs until summertime anyways). If I could find a girlfriend here, I would prefer to stay here

Old 01-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I don't know much about the city. I don't really have any friends or family there. I don't know what activities I could really do plus it's just so impractical as driving there can take an hour and a half if there is any traffic

I would actually be open to moving there because it's a great place but it's just tough cause I am so settled in my current location (plus my current lease on my apartment runs until summertime anyways). If I could find a girlfriend here, I would prefer to stay here
You are just whining and finding fault with every suggestion given to you - all of them.

What purpose is of this thread then?

Old 01-19-2014, 03:34 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Broaden your social circle.

First, ask yourself what kind of woman suits you & what you need to do/be to find & attract her. When I say "suits" you, I don't just mean attracts you. As a whole person, what kind of woman would you like?

From there, start to think of where she would be (and if she suits you, then many of these places should appeal to you also). Try and think of places where you would see someone regularly. So you can say hi & smile a few time, and then one day a conversation will be natural.

Cold approaches aren't very natural & they seem to be a number's game. If you want someone suited to you that you actually like, then a more strategic approach.

I'm a woman, and I don't date a lot, but when I've had more success (and leading to long-term relationships, which is what I prefer), it's because I was expanding socially into areas I had already interest in & was naturally meeting new people. This involved stuff like - learning a new language, volunteering at my church, and taking invites from random friends less connected to my immediate circle. Most of my interests are solitary & I tend to be one-on-one with friends & I often work at home, so it's definitely a challenge to expand socially. But it doesn't have to be forced & painful - it's really just LIVING more, exploring new stuff, being open to new people, etc.

You might even approach is as - how can I make my life more interesting & fulfilling? This is going to make you more attractive also.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
There are plenty of men in here who have issues finding a date and they are all different and they are not indicative of the whole.
I have seen tons and tons and tons and tons of men who said online dating was absolutely horrible and they got no responses at all. I've even seen plenty of guys who said they have good success in real life but they find OLD to be impossible (which I must admit makes it very daunting for me)

Quote:
When you say "OLD" you are already negating women who could be in your dating pool. You've already placed a distaste for older women. You've defeated yourself without even trying.

Now, if you aren't attracted to older women....then you aren't.

Can you elaborate here?

As far as older ladies go, I've been with a few but I'm not sure if dating them long term is feasible. I wouldn't mind dating a sexy 40 year old even in a monogamous way but that would not be a long term thing as I will want kids and marriage. This is not a real concern anyways, attractive older women don't want younger dudes

Old 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Quote:
I already do. I meet new people all the time...just none of them are attractive single women. I met 5 new people yesterday. 3 dudes and a couple girls who were already taken

I have absolutely horrible luck when it comes to dating in traditional means. I don't know if I can keep leaving this to luck
Those people know other people who know other people, etc.

I met ann ex bf through a single friend who only seems to know other single women. But at one party she had, my ex bf showed up. This is what I meant by taking invites from random friends who aren't a part of your immediate circle & who, themselves, are not any dating potential. I'm definitely not saying to use people or pretend to like them, but see the value in continuing to branch out to new people.

You never know when these dudes & girls invite you to do something & one of their cute cousins shows up or something.

Oh yeah, and I know the frustration of the suburbs... It seems much harder to date there than in a city. People are more insular over all.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Can you elaborate here?

No. If it hasn't sunk in by now - it never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships