Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 10:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Having been through the divorce meatgrinder once already, there is NOTHING that a woman offers that is worth the risk of going through it again.

As I said in another post, in my experience (and what I've observed with friends and family), women are not good companions at all. If I want companionship, I will get a dog. Or a cat. Or a foul-tempered rabbit (yes, it must be foul-tempered. Like Bun Bun from Sluggy Freelance). Or a snake.

I'm assuming you meant someone to put hemhorroid cream on you when you're pregnant. Since men can't get pregnant, I don't think this applies. And I'm not keen on putting hemhorroid cream on anyone else.

You mean pointing a nuclear weapon at me that she can set off at any time, with the State's blessing, and remove from my life on a whim, WHILE simultaneously forcing me to pay a third of my gross earnings, with State force standing by to be used against me if I lose my job or something?

Thank you....no.

While I'm tempted to give you this one, due to my last girlfriend (I still think about some things and smile, and she left 2 years ago), I think back to the ex wife, or the girl that got pregnant by another guy and tried to say it was mine and hit me up for Mommy's Party Fund Support, til the DNA test said no....Keep in mind, she's been lying to her daughter for 14 years, telling her that I was her father. Poor kid had searched Teh Interwebz trying to find me, which I found out after the po-leece dropped paperwork off for the Mommy's Party Fund Support case. Then there's the girl from high school that got mad because I dumped HER before she could dump ME, and decided that the appropriate response was to make a false accusation that could have landed me in prison at the tender young age of 18. I was a couple months from graduating high school, 7 months from shipping out to basic training, and facing a false accusation. The type that "women would NEVER lie about". Uh, yeah, they would, I'm living proof.

That's a great memory, right there. As is being lied to for YEARS about where the money in the checking account is going. It's great to know that while you were struggling to pay the electric bill and put food on the table, you were also bankrolling someone else's mother's Home Shopping Network addiction, AND paying for a dog for their grandmother to abuse ad neglect. Even better was having the po-leece at my house because her kid was dealing heroin IN MY HOUSE while I was at work, and allowing all his druggie friends to eat everything in the house. I loved spending a thousand dollars a month on groceries and never having food in the house. The thought of the cops breaking down the door and executing a warrant on my home, searching for his drugs, was even better, especially since I like to shoot and hunt and have a nice collection of firearms. Nothing I'd like better than to watch the things I worked hard for get "lost" in po-leece evidence.

I prefer the Heckler & Koch retirement plan. Or sitting on a beach in Peru and just dying.

Not a benefit, IMO. Firstly because I think it's just a matter of time until .gov seizes everyone's 401(k)'s to pay for .gov's outrageous spending, as has already been done in at least a few other countries (European countries, not Banana Republics). Secondly, I *HAD* a 401(k) at one point. Five years I contributed to it. Had just gotten vested in the company's pension program, too.

Now I have neither. She got more than half my 401(k), and the rest was withdrawn over a period of months to keep my car from getting repo'ed and my house from getting foreclosed while I tried to find a job in my new/old home state.

Now I'm rebuilding my retirement from scratch, and am part of a pretty good retirement system....as long as CONgress doesn't decide they really, REALLY want that money, like they did with SS decades ago.

Only a benefit for women, since men typically die sooner. Also, as someone else mentioned, SS won't be around by the time I'm old enough to collect. Luckily, I don't pay into it, because my work has a different system. Unluckily, CONgress could rob that just as easily as they robbed SS.

This one I WILL give you.

Ha, there are all kinds of reasons that people could say. Personally, I think they wanted the tax break, insurance, and the ability for their partner to make medical decisions for them and inherit their stuff. None of which I disagree with. But IMO, you should be able to leave your stuff to whoever you want, name someone to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to do so, and put your dog on your health insurance if that's the only creature that lives with you. Unmarried couples living together should get all that, too. NOT allowing unmarried couples all of that is (again, in my opinion) a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
I'm so sorry this happend to you.I really hope the future is better for you.
I agree with the insurance and choosing whom gets your money not because of status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:00 AM

323 posts, read 308,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm so sorry this happend to you.I really hope the future is better for you.
I agree with the insurance and choosing whom gets your money not because of status.
Thanks. It's already a lot better than I could have dreamed of just a couple years ago. I have a job that I love and enjoy, I'm better off financially than I've been at any point in my life thus far, I have basically zero stress that's not job-related (and even that is entirely dependent on position and level of responsibility), and I do the things that I enjoy and that make me happy.

And the future just looks brighter every day. Some months ago I finally realized why Rush Limbaugh used to always respond with "Great! Never better!" whenever a caller asked him how he was doing. Love him or hate him, this is a good attitude to have, and one I've cultivated in myself.

Now if only people could grasp the difference between being outspoken and pulling no punches, and being angry, bitter, depressed, what-have-you. Oh well, at the end of the day its just another thing that goes in the "Not My Problem" category.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks. It's already a lot better than I could have dreamed of just a couple years ago. I have a job that I love and enjoy, I'm better off financially than I've been at any point in my life thus far, I have basically zero stress that's not job-related (and even that is entirely dependent on position and level of responsibility), and I do the things that I enjoy and that make me happy.

And the future just looks brighter every day. Some months ago I finally realized why Rush Limbaugh used to always respond with "Great! Never better!" whenever a caller asked him how he was doing. Love him or hate him, this is a good attitude to have, and one I've cultivated in myself.

Now if only people could grasp the difference between being outspoken and pulling no punches, and being angry, bitter, depressed, what-have-you. Oh well, at the end of the day its just another thing that goes in the "Not My Problem" category.
Awww I'm so happy for you.Everyone has their ups and downs.

Yeah it shouldn't be assumed everyone is bitter just trust was damaged.

But to stay on topic divorced people remarry, mentally abused marry, widowed marry, and people who tried all their life do too.

Never know.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Awww I'm so happy for you.Everyone has their ups and downs.

Yeah it shouldn't be assumed everyone is bitter just trust was damaged.

But to stay on topic divorced people remarry, mentally abused marry, widowed marry, and people who tried all their life do too.

Never know.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Never know.
Negative, Ghost Rider. I know that I won't do it again. I've learned too much in the past two years to do it again. Just a simple risk vs reward assessment is all I need to know, everything else is just bonus reasons not to do it again. Maybe if society kicks off in my lifetime and takes all its stupid anti-male laws with it, I might live with a woman again (provided my needs are getting met, often), but I won't sell myself into slavery and waiting to be looted again.

I try to not use the word "Never", but unless there are some drastic changes to a few variables, changes which I quite simply can't imagine ever happening, I can safely say "Never again".

Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
what are yalls defnitions of marriage?

and are yall just really into it because society tells you that you need to be married?

why you cant just be with the one your with

marriage doesnt create monogamy

Old 12-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Negative, Ghost Rider. I know that I won't do it again. I've learned too much in the past two years to do it again. Just a simple risk vs reward assessment is all I need to know, everything else is just bonus reasons not to do it again. Maybe if society kicks off in my lifetime and takes all its stupid anti-male laws with it, I might live with a woman again (provided my needs are getting met, often), but I won't sell myself into slavery and waiting to be looted again.

I try to not use the word "Never", but unless there are some drastic changes to a few variables, changes which I quite simply can't imagine ever happening, I can safely say "Never again".
Fair enough.You just called me a bad word.lol g Thanks

Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

In life we generate the results we believe we deserve.

Just a thought you might want to consider....

Old 12-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Fair enough.You just called me a bad word.lol g Thanks
?

Not intentionally. And I don't know which word you're referring to.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:52 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
what are yalls defnitions of marriage?

and are yall just really into it because society tells you that you need to be married?

why you cant just be with the one your with

marriage doesnt create monogamy
Not all marriages are the same and not all people feel called to marriage. It is not for everyone.

But there are generally benefits a married couple enjoys that unmarried couples do not.

The most important reason for marriage is when there are children involved. When a marriage is strong and thriving it provides a more stable foundation on which to raise them, which benefits everyone in society.

For people of faith (and some without) marriage is a deep commitment that cannot always be appreciated until you have yourself made that commitment to another person. Making that kind of commitment takes a whole skill set that some folks simply do not possess, at least not until they are more life experienced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships