Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 AM

322 posts, read 504,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
You have to be outgoing (I guess) for a woman to like you. It has a lot to do with it.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:45 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I don't cut myself off from the human race. I talk when it's absolutely necessary, I have to do something because I really don't like most people. When they call me ugly, my blood boils. I get that mad.
You sound like an intelligent guy, so you do get that this is all very unhealthy, right?

Again, please seek some therapy for yourself - you can feel so much better!

Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You sound like an intelligent guy, so you do get that this is all very unhealthy, right?

Again, please seek some therapy for yourself - you can feel so much better!
Actually, I'm already in therapy . I should've included that in my last post haha.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Unless you're an unattractive male. Then everything is creepy. I think that's the OP's point, and I must say I agree with him.
Except the OP wrote this: "I've never been accused of being creepy, I have just been called ugly a lot even beaten up for it."

Doesn't sound like he's making the same argument you are.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm already in therapy . I should've included that in my last post haha.
Yay! That is good news because it means you are actively working to improve your life/outlook

Just be open to the process and willing to change old thought patterns okay?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Since pre-school all the way to now (college), I've been called ugly by people (family included). I won't lie, it has lowered my self-esteem dramatically and made me dislike everyone. It has also gotten to the point where I won't even say hi to a woman anymore because I could be called a creep or a stalker. I tried approaching some women and it didn't get me anywhere so I stopped. It might keep single, but I won't approach a woman because I'm afraid. But this will keep me from getting into trouble if I approach the wrong woman someday. Are ugly men seen as creeps towards women?
"Creepy" usually is something about how someone approaches; about their vibe, maybe something about them seems fake or manipulative or not genuine. Maybe they're too persistent. Maybe they make too much eye contact, or are inappropriate in some way. Good-looking guys can be creepy.

We don't know anything about how you tried to approach women. As has been said here many times, your best bet may be to put yourself in situations where you interact with a group of people on a regular basis, so they can get to know you. This will allow you to relax around them over time, and let your personality shine through, and they'll be able to get to know you, too.

It sounds like what you need is a posse of good friends who accept you and appreciate you for who you are. Keep an eye out for potential friends. Follow your interests, academic, hobby, musical, whatever. See where they lead you.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:50 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Can you describe a specific situation in which someone called you ugly? That's not a very common social interaction.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:50 AM

457 posts, read 604,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If you are getting accused of being creepy, I would think it is not so much an outright appearance issue but how you approach or carry yourself around women. A body language, attitude, or look. Could be nothing more than that you have a low expectation for an encounter with women, and it is clearly visible to them that you have this low expectation.
Yeah, I think when a woman isn't attracted to you and you give off a cocky vibe (even if you just intended to be confident, not cocky) that's probably when they are more likely to label you as a creep. It also depends who you approach. If you approach a quiet, shy type, they are less likely to be mean and label you as a creep. As I tend to be attracted to those types as is, it hasn't been an issue, though they may have thought of me as creepy but kept it to themselves.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:53 AM

457 posts, read 604,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Outgoing is rarely seen as creepy.
A naturally shy person trying to be outgoing can be kind of awkward, though, and many women will probably see through it, so best to be authentic to your personality. It doesn't mean don't approach, but don't pretend like you're a confident bad boy if you aren't in reality.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Unless you're an unattractive male. Then everything is creepy. I think that's the OP's point, and I must say I agree with him.
That's exactly what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.