Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:15 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If the man she wants is busy appointment, work travel, or he's being a jerk, or just plan lonely he is indeed back up.

Maybe. I don't know many women that need to go through a dating site for that. They have several guys they can just call or text as back ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe. I don't know many women that need to go through a dating site for that. They have several guys they can just call or text as back ups.
The dating sites are full of desperate men. No some women do go local. Or staff. IMHO I think it's sick. I saw it with a few women. There are bad and good women just like men.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,513 times
In my experience, there's a reason that people date people within their age cohort (no more than ~6 years age difference, in either direction). That reason is that you just have more in common to click in the long-term. You're at similar places in your life, have grown up seeing the world from more or less the same perspective, and you are familiar with the same media.

I've dated men much older than me. The biggest age gaps were a 34 year old when I was 17 and a 40-something when I was 19. Both times I felt like the "most specialest snowflake in the universe" because these older, mature guys were vying for my attention, but neither relationship panned out. There just wasn't enough in common between us on a deeper level (liking the same music and voting for the same politicians isn't a deep level of similarity).

So, if you're just in it for the sex, want to be taken care of, or are hoping to take advantage of a lonely aging woman, keep doing what you're doing. If you're hoping to make a deep, long-lasting connection, go back to women your own age. Step one would be to get off the internet, and date in the real world. That's where most of us young women are.

And I just want to make it clear that I'm not suggesting women over 40 aren't dateable, I'm just saying YOU as a 20-something are more likely to make a fulfilling connection with someone in your own age demographic. But it's certainly not impossible to make a great connection with someone older (or younger) than you. That'll happen by chance, though, not because you're looking for it.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
He wants to get laid and thinks this is the easiest way. So far it's not really working out as he imagined.

Really? LOL. That's why I have a question mark. A divorced woman in her 40's should not have a bunch of questions for him. She and he knows what this is..............let's be serious. She might as well invite him over to the place and he bring a bottle of wine and flowers. Questions.........please. This is not relationship situation.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:08 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post

Really? LOL. That's why I have a question mark. A divorced woman in her 40's should not have a bunch of questions for him. She and he knows what this is..............let's be serious. She might as well invite him over to the place and he bring a bottle of wine and flowers. Questions.........please. This is not relationship situation.

Doesn't really matter. If a woman is going to sleep with a man. Especially a mature woman. She wants there to be some type of connection. Every FB relationship I've had started very similar to a dating one.

FWB relationships often start differently, but it doesn't seem from his other posts that that is what he is really looking for and we have no idea what she is.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:18 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
OP, are you sure you are mature enough to handle a 40 year old woman, if you already overanalyze a simple text?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope. I sure wouldn't. A place like AFF would be WAY easier.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:29 PM

219 posts, read 566,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Nope. I sure wouldn't. A place like AFF would be WAY easier.
AFF screams STD to me

Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
How much dating have you done in your life, OP? You seem very inexperienced. Just take it as it comes. It's a date, not an FBI interrogation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1;
tbh, very little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve;
OP, are you sure you are mature enough to handle a 40 year old woman, if you already overanalyze a simple text?
IDK, dude. It sounds like you're a pinch-hitter trying to play in the major leagues, going by your 2 threads. Could be time to dial it back a little. I don't know what else to tell you. Build more experience with chicks your age. Or don't worry every detail to death, just go for it!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
I have a date on Th. When we were making plans, she texted me saying this: "I'm looking forward to seeing you, be prepared I have a lot of questions. I have a curious mind. "

I hope this is a good sign?
You're about to be treated to "the list." Be prepared to answer personal questions, as well as questions about your job, income, family, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships