Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:27 AM

390 posts, read 824,662 times

Advertisements

This sounds like a nightmare situation. This is why I was with my wife for 4 years before we got married. Modern life really isn't making things easier for you, either, it sounds like.
Your wife needs to be on board with good parenting practices, otherwise your marriage (and your kids) are doomed to failure.
Like everyone else said, get counseling, and fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I went back and read some other posts by the OP. Now I don't know what to think. One post said he was happy and wouldn't change a thing about his wife. I could understand if this post was a month old - but it was in the last day or so. What gives here?
Yes, I see that post now... I get that he was venting-- he has not been back to this post since. His other posts indicate there are also problems with him. I guess we'll have to chalk it up to them having that toxic kind of relationship and just gladly spreading it around.

Those poor pets, especially the dog because you know it's going to snap one day and they'll punish it by putting it down.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,904,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

This isn't what a marriage supposed to be about and you have a wife that's purposely sabotaging your efforts. Just be glad you haven't yet had kids with her-- wifey already have you a preview of what to expect if/when you both have kids.
Agree 100%, if this is 100% true (not a sugarcoated version of the truth).

OP, it's been 3 months, see a lawyer ASAP and at least discuss the possibility.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:58 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Sad story.

Move out. ASAP.

If not for you, then for the pets. They don't deserve to be abused. You don't know what the kids do with them while you are at work. Obviously, Mrs couchpotato-can't-do-the-laundry-nor-go-to-work doesn't prevent anything bad the kids are up to.

This situation is not getting better by itself. Get out as long as you can and before she gets preggos.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
The op better use a condom and practice coitus interrupts. The parasite...aka wife is definitely trying to keep him captive.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 844 times
I think we are only getting 1/2 of the story (maybe less). Do you have depression/anxiety issues causing you to have trouble dealing with the situation and making it worst? Did you display who you actually were when you got married? Ate you bipolar? Multiple personalities? We don't know...just what you tell us. Maybe you got married to lock her down?

Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Wrap it up and kick her and the brats to the curb.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
she does not let me preform the duties of that position. The kids are horrible to me, and with me.
Jo Frost. AKA SuperNanny. Divides opinion around forums like this. However I have noticed there is one episode that fits your situation perfectly. I have it as an AVI file on my computer. If you want it then I can share it with you on drop box or something. Contact me and let me know.

The episode, if you wish to look for it yourself, is from her American Series (she started with a UK series so do not mix them up). The one you want is Supernanny series 02 episode 09 "Bradbury-Lambert Family".

The episode is about a Step Dad who is not allowed discipline the kids - because the mother feels she is the only one to do it - and the children end up not only violent (in one scene actually drawing blood with a punch off her mother) - but also spewing out the worst of vile language.

Perhaps some of this episode will help you - especially if you watch it WITH your partner too. It repeats a lot that I said in my first post about needing to be on the same page etc etc etc.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Divorce... also I hope you haven't adopted her current kids? Does the ex pay child support? You may have to.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:20 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
The op better use a condom and practice coitus interrupts. The parasite...aka wife is definitely trying to keep him captive.
Wow, you are so right. He better be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships