Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Truth. I would be glad to return the favor, too. Let me put it this way: I've had plenty of opportunities, but I promise you that I can find every single one of those women who had their reasons to approach me, some more sinister than others...and they all live some screwed up lives now, being divorced and having multiple babydaddies and whatnot.

No thanks.

Yeah, one partner DOES make a difference. Look. That is all it takes to go from (according to the survey) a relative sure bet of a marriage to so-so. Just. Like. That.

It's a vicious circle. Guys find women who put out for whatever reason, they part ways. Guy with good intent finds woman who has made rounds and wonders why the marriage ends. Everyone wonders why everyone else is all screwed in the head. Everyone tries to find a spouse somewhere else.

This really doesn't tell you anything.

Correlation is not causation for one.

Two, if the person is in a (traditional monogamous) marriage for a period of time they'd of course have fewer partners since they're not out dating around or having sex with multiple people

Three, it doesn't tell you anything about the quality of those "stable" marriages. Stability isn't the end all (for most people). There are LOADS of people in stable marriages that are either unhappy, or, they have bad sex. Many times they don't even know it. I can't even tell you the number of 40 something women I've dated that married the first or second guy they were with and thought they had a good sex life and realized after divorce when they went out dating that they blew 20 years or so of their lives having crummy sex.

I, like a lot of people, could be married and stable (I was engaged to my best friend at one time)... we worked incredibly well together and I loved her dearly. Thankfully we realized that wasn't enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
I think the main reason why women are turned off by men who are still a virgin past a certain age is because they figure, if no other woman has slept with him why should I?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,647,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Truth. I would be glad to return the favor, too. Let me put it this way: I've had plenty of opportunities, but I promise you that I can find every single one of those women who had their reasons to approach me, some more sinister than others...and they all live some screwed up lives now, being divorced and having multiple babydaddies and whatnot.

No thanks.

Yeah, one partner DOES make a difference. Look. That is all it takes to go from (according to the survey) a relative sure bet of a marriage to so-so. Just. Like. That.

It's a vicious circle. Guys find women who put out for whatever reason, they part ways. Guy with good intent finds woman who has made rounds and wonders why the marriage ends. Everyone wonders why everyone else is all screwed in the head. Everyone tries to find a spouse somewhere else.
Good graph. I wonder what the equivalent graph for men would look like?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
I think the main reason why women are turned off by men who are still a virgin past a certain age is because they figure, if no other woman has slept with him why should I?
That is why they need to invent a cologne that smells like you spooned with a female in the last 24 hours.

I noticed in all my years that woman become interested in a guy once other woman are interested.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,647,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
That is why they need to invent a cologne that smells like you spooned with a female in the last 24 hours.

I noticed in all my years that woman become interested in a guy once other woman are interested.
You talking about a cologne that smells like **** or something like that? EDIT: LOL, I didn't realize that word would be "bleeped".

Anyway.... it is a known fact that Mate Poaching: Single Girls Are More Interested In Taken Men

http://www.synergy-pr.com/files/JESP72009(1).pdf

Old 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Counterpoll: Men, would you tell a woman that you're a 30-year-old virgin?

[x] no
That would pretty much solve things, wouldn't it?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
You talking about a cologne that smells like **** or something like that? EDIT: LOL, I didn't realize that word would be "bleeped".

Anyway.... it is a known fact that Mate Poaching: Single Girls Are More Interested In Taken Men

Yup the famous old saying, "the Truth hurts"

Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 AM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Nope, I like my men seasoned with experience. If you can't get laid by the time you're 30 then there's something wrong with you.
With that mindset, there is obviously there is something wrong with YOU and even men that aren't virgins by the time they are 30 should avoid you like the plague.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post

No it is not a known fact. Most single women are looking for men who are also single. The types of women that you are thinking of are home-wrecking mistresses who get their kicks by breaking up marriages. Also, nothing from a website called "thefrisky.com" is anywhere close to being fact.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Say he's a virgin not for religious reasons but just because he hasn't had much luck with women. Would you still date him?
As a guy, I would personally date a women who was 30 and still a virgin and if I was a woman, I would date a guy in the same situation. What matters most to me is how good of a person (i.e. a good heart, good head on her shoulders, ect.).

A potential partner's virginity means nothing to me because I am not a sex addict nor do I place sexual performance anywhere close to being atop the importance scale in a relationship (unlike some of the people on this forum).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships