Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 09:50 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
That’s how I would handle it, in a situation like that. But, I have read many articles, watched many videos, seen many threads, asking just this question. There are lots of women who believe they can tell when a man doesn’t have experience even before bedroom type stuff starts happening. Things like...they way they talk to her or look at her, the way they engage in touch with her, nervousness about sexual topics, that sort of thing. I remember one woman saying she could tell by how a guy hugged...there’s a lack of familiarity and intimacy to a virgin’s non-sexual contact.

With due respect, you’ve got a lot of experience with inexperienced guys. Have you picked up on any of this?

For me it’s something I’ve been cognizant about. For instance, I recently ran into a woman I hadn’t seen since high school (very attractive). We hugged. In that moment I realized that she was going for a whole two-armed hug around my shoulders and back, front to front. I was trying a side hug, not wanting to pull her in too close and make her uncomfortable with a more intimate hug. I realized the discrepancy and tried to adjust...she was clearly okay with a closer hug, so I put my other hand around her waist and turned to face her and reciprocate. I’m not sure which would have been the more awkward choice, keeping up the sidehug or adjusting out of it.

It was probably nothing she thought about afterwards, but I realized I was physically communicating my unease at being that close to a beautiful woman. That’s the sort of body language that I have read gives away male virgins.
But that could happen to a guy even if he isn't a virgin.

Even if a guy wasn't a virgin, he could still show some things that might make a woman think he is one.

That's why unless a guy says so, you can't assume for sure that he is a virgin or not. A woman might assume or think, but won't know for 100% certainty.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 12-28-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 10:25 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
That’s how I would handle it, in a situation like that. But, I have read many articles, watched many videos, seen many threads, asking just this question. There are lots of women who believe they can tell when a man doesn’t have experience even before bedroom type stuff starts happening. Things like...they way they talk to her or look at her, the way they engage in touch with her, nervousness about sexual topics, that sort of thing. I remember one woman saying she could tell by how a guy hugged...there’s a lack of familiarity and intimacy to a virgin’s non-sexual contact.

With due respect, you’ve got a lot of experience with inexperienced guys. Have you picked up on any of this?

For me it’s something I’ve been cognizant about. For instance, I recently ran into a woman I hadn’t seen since high school (very attractive). We hugged. In that moment I realized that she was going for a whole two-armed hug around my shoulders and back, front to front. I was trying a side hug, not wanting to pull her in too close and make her uncomfortable with a more intimate hug. I realized the discrepancy and tried to adjust...she was clearly okay with a closer hug, so I put my other hand around her waist and turned to face her and reciprocate. I’m not sure which would have been the more awkward choice, keeping up the sidehug or adjusting out of it.

It was probably nothing she thought about afterwards, but I realized I was physically communicating my unease at being that close to a beautiful woman. That’s the sort of body language that I have read gives away male virgins.
Nope. And I do think the odds are low that a man in his 30's or 40's is a virgin, so women won't assume that. A woman might say, "He was awkward" at that point, but she won't be saying (or thinking) "He was so awkward, I could just TELL he was a virgin."

Non virgin men get nervous sometimes.

Even comfortable and confident people have awkward moments. Hugs can be that way. I've gone in for hugs with people I've been close with for years, friends with for years, hugged them hundreds of times, and for some reason that day, they reach one way, I reach another, our signals are crossed and someone's got to adjust.

What would be more significant is whether you can smile, keep calm, and let the awkward moment pass, or whether you overthink it for the rest of the time you're in their company to the point where it just does not stop being awkward. If you continue to project, "I AM EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE RIGHT NOW" in your body language, facial expressions, tone, and talk...then the woman will walk away feeling like, "Well, I'm not sure what that was all about. But I'm in no hurry to repeat that experience." There is a thing called biofeedback. If you feel intensely nervous, other people mirror it and then they also feel intensely nervous. I nearly think that humor was invented as a social behavior for humans, just to diffuse these kinds of situations and make it possible to relax and recover.

But I would not believe any woman who says she can tell if a guy is a virgin. I have known many, hell I've been the first for a goodly number of guys in my lifetime, and I can't tell. I can tell if they're nervous or something, but that does not mean anybody is a virgin. Though a discomfort with talking about sexual subjects, would be a possible signal if I was thinking about it. A guy should at least be able to listen comfortably. It's easy enough to deflect if she asks you a personal question about your experience. "I don't kiss and tell." Something like that.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:22 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,578,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesrule384 View Post
I just didn't expect there to be many, if any at all...guys that age to still be virgins.
how would this mathematically be possible in a country of 328 million that not at least a few are not in that category. so many persons that are not personable, attractive, overweight or live in small farm towns. and then those with physical, mental, psychological conditions that make intamacy close to impossible. not everyone is exactly like us.

this is the type of thinking of: why dont all homeless persons just get a job flipping burgers.

edit: darn, i bumped the wrong thread. at this point can a mod merge the two virgin threads.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 12-17-2019 at 09:48 AM..

Old 12-17-2019, 10:00 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
...wow
Quote:
I just didn't expect there to be many, if any at all...guys that age to still be virgins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
how would this mathematically be possible in a country of 328 million that not at least a few are not in that category. so many persons that are not personable, attractive, overweight or live in small farm towns. and then those with physical, mental, psychological conditions that make intamacy close to impossible. not everyone is exactly like us.

this is the type of thinking of: why dont all homeless persons just get a job flipping burgers.

edit: darn, i bumped the wrong thread. at this point can a mod merge the two virgin threads.
Some people have a very tunnel visioned view of the world.

I think if all your friends are white, fraternity guys, then yea it might be difficult to see how a guy could be a 30 year old virgin, because the pressure that guys put on each other to get laid is extremely immense. Amongst some of the demographics I associated with, late 20s/30 year old virgins were fairly common.

Interestingly enough, I think 30 to early 30s is actually a sweet spot, a transitioning point if you will.

At that age, some women, do to a significant degree, become less shallow and will pick men they may have not considered before.

So that is kind of the age where men who are relatively normal have previously failed to attract women can experience a 'renaissance' so to speak.

If a guy couldn't get sex until age 45-50, then I would say that is more of an 'oddity'. However, I can still very much see it, know guys who are (or will be) in that situation, and am able to look at their situations with a fairly neutral perspective.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:16 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,578,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post

the previously quoted was obviously a troll post since the poster knows about priests, bishops, cardinals, ...

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 12-18-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships