Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 05:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times

Advertisements

Well 30 is way too young for me but I'll play along and assume I was 10+ years younger and open to dating a 30 year old. My answer is, it depends. If he remained a virgin for religious reasons, probably not. If he is one of those types that's scared to have sex with me, probably not. Any other reason, yes I would date a 30 yo virgin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 08:29 AM

399 posts, read 221,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
As I've said before it is rare to make a love-match with someone where you are BOTH intensely emotionally invested in an equal way. That, to me, has been the rarest of things.
I am pretty lucky because I gave my virginity to someone who feels as strongly about me as I do about her. A similarity between you and I: we both are wildly different in age from our SO's. You're about the same age as her, while I'm 26.

With that said, one difference between me and your boyfriend is that I didn't find it difficult to meet people who were interested in dating me. Every unsuccessful match recently was broken off by me (I place fairly high expectations on people I date).

Old 12-21-2018, 08:30 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
I am pretty lucky because I gave my virginity to someone who feels as strongly about me as I do about her.
You gave it to her? Does she walk around with it still?

Old 12-21-2018, 08:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yeah, after hearing Sonic' story on how she met her sig other. I'd thought he'd have 2 strikes against him. One , the age diff. between her and him, and 2, the fact he was a 50-something virgin. You'd think at that age, he'd be the kind of guy that couldn't get laid in a woman's prison with a fistful of pardons. But then the sweetie Sonic Spork enters his life.

It's a great underdog story if you think about it.

If only I could meet someone like Sonic. Have a closet full of board games at the ready lol

I don't believe he was a virgin at all. I don't believe she said he was either. She has said he was fairly inexperienced.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:24 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
This pretty much proves Hollywood ugly guys can get women however it doesn't disprove that many regular ugly guys can't. Comparing Hollywood men to regular men is like comparing apples to oranges.
Guy, DeVito wasn't a Hollywood guy when he met Rhea Perlman. He was acting on Broadway. Yes, some high profile names are starring in these plays, but there's also regular actors, who never gain any sort of prominence or fame, who are performing in these Broadway plays. DeVito had one movie/acting credit to his name by the time he met Rhea Perlman and I doubt anyone even heard of it at that point. You know what his character's name was in that movie? ''Thug''. That tells me he wasn't even showcased much in it. Have you ever heard of Dreams Of Glass before? I sure didn't before today. I've actually learned more about DeVito today than I ever knew.

And I can still prove to you that ugly non-Hollywood men can get women, but here's what you're gonna need to do. Go out somewhere tonight, that's filled with people. Go to the mall! It's the weekend before Christmas, so it will be packed. Go this weekend, there'll be plenty of people there. Look at all the couples, you'll see ugly guys with women and not all of the women are gonna be ugly. Now with your way of thinking, you're either gonna come up with some other spin on this or you're gonna say something like ''Oh, well, they probably have a lot of money'' or ''Oh, he's probably a sugar daddy'' or ''Well, he was probably good looking when they got together'' or ''Yeah, it's probably her brother or cousin''.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:07 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,701 times
If he was attractive to me and could do deep sensual kissing in a way to make me want more and be fun to be with then yes.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:31 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Guy, DeVito wasn't a Hollywood guy when he met Rhea Perlman. He was acting on Broadway. Yes, some high profile names are starring in these plays, but there's also regular actors, who never gain any sort of prominence or fame, who are performing in these Broadway plays. DeVito had one movie/acting credit to his name by the time he met Rhea Perlman and I doubt anyone even heard of it at that point. You know what his character's name was in that movie? ''Thug''. That tells me he wasn't even showcased much in it. Have you ever heard of Dreams Of Glass before? I sure didn't before today. I've actually learned more about DeVito today than I ever knew.

And I can still prove to you that ugly non-Hollywood men can get women, but here's what you're gonna need to do. Go out somewhere tonight, that's filled with people. Go to the mall! It's the weekend before Christmas, so it will be packed. Go this weekend, there'll be plenty of people there. Look at all the couples, you'll see ugly guys with women and not all of the women are gonna be ugly. Now with your way of thinking, you're either gonna come up with some other spin on this or you're gonna say something like ''Oh, well, they probably have a lot of money'' or ''Oh, he's probably a sugar daddy'' or ''Well, he was probably good looking when they got together'' or ''Yeah, it's probably her brother or cousin''.
When I go out I mind my own business besides just because someone else can doesn't mean all can and that's a fact. Life doesn't work that way.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:24 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:
When I go out I mind my own business besides just because someone else can doesn't mean all can and that's a fact. Life doesn't work that way.
You’re right. Because some insist on forcing a narrative and telling themselves a certain story and they stick to that story. And they let it limit themselves. Now that’s a fact.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
This pretty much proves Hollywood ugly guys can get women however it doesn't disprove that many regular ugly guys can't. Comparing Hollywood men to regular men is like comparing apples to oranges.
I know a bunch of toothless, jobless methheads who all have women to date (sometimes several at once).

Now what's your excuse?

Old 12-22-2018, 11:29 AM

67 posts, read 34,129 times
Quote:
For what it's worth I agree with you, I don't know what else we could say to prove our point. Regardless we're going to be accused of making excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships