Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 11:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
This is what all women think it's sad that most women don't have the guts to say it. In my opinion men who are rejected for this have a reason to hate women.
Um, no, that is absolutely not what all women think. Sounds like you're just looking for reasons to hate women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 11:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
This is what all women think it's sad that most women don't have the guts to say it. In my opinion men who are rejected for this have a reason to hate women.
Have you ever considered that hating women IS what is wrong with them?

Old 12-20-2018, 11:43 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
So how is what you implied about DeVito not getting laid before he become famous not your assumption only?
It's hard to tell. I think DeVito is largely responsible for all the requests for leg shortening procedures, abdominal fat adding, and cures for having a full head of hair. His status as the man women want and the man men want to be probably clouds our ability to see him clearly.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:49 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
At this point in my life, probably not. I imagine there are many things about our lives that would not be compatible based on a 30 year old virgin's choices and/or perception of self.

At 30, I'm not looking to "fix" someone or to be someone's therapist. While I'm certain there are cases of older virgins who are emotionally stable, have a healthy relationship with themselves and with their gender of choice, and would make wonderful partners, they're likely few and far between. Perhaps I would consider dating someone who was previously very religious but has had a change of heart, but even that may be too far of a leap.

For example, when I was in college, I dated a 28 year old virgin. He was a very nice guy, brilliant, and funny, but had tons of hangups about his and, by extension, my sexuality. He grew up in a very conservative religious family and I believe was raised to believe that sex was for procreation only. While he no longer believed that, shifting his perceptions was a mountain he couldn't overcome. I gave him every opportunity to go to the next level, but something always held him back. I gently suggested therapy since his issues had everything to do with his perception of sexuality and self worth, and those are things that won't be fixed without help. He moved to a different state and I left to study abroad, so our relationship came to a natural end.

Flash forward a decade and he was in town on business. He invited me out for dinner and drinks. One thing led to another and we ended up back in his hotel room... but nothing had changed. He was pushing 40 and still a virgin, now with even more serious hangups and insecurities. He had several multi-year relationships after me, but he told me all ended because of his inability to have sex with them. He had even tried dating a man thinking maybe he was suppressing gay feelings. We parted quite sadly, and I still think about him and how his virginity is a symptom of so many more issues. Thankfully, he recognizes that the issue is his, not the women he's been with.

And that's the challenge. Being a 30 year old virgin isn't a problem in of itself but it is so frequently a symptom of some other problem. With incel culture on the rise online, more and more men are finding it easier to blame everyone but themselves for where they are, all while becoming less attractive to women.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:58 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
So how is what you implied about DeVito not getting laid before he become famous not your assumption only?
True however you never heard of him associated with any other women than his ex-wife Rhea Perlman and none since they divorced.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
At this point in my life, probably not. I imagine there are many things about our lives that would not be compatible based on a 30 year old virgin's choices and/or perception of self.

At 30, I'm not looking to "fix" someone or to be someone's therapist. While I'm certain there are cases of older virgins who are emotionally stable, have a healthy relationship with themselves and with their gender of choice, and would make wonderful partners, they're likely few and far between. Perhaps I would consider dating someone who was previously very religious but has had a change of heart, but even that may be too far of a leap.

For example, when I was in college, I dated a 28 year old virgin. He was a very nice guy, brilliant, and funny, but had tons of hangups about his and, by extension, my sexuality. He grew up in a very conservative religious family and I believe was raised to believe that sex was for procreation only. While he no longer believed that, shifting his perceptions was a mountain he couldn't overcome. I gave him every opportunity to go to the next level, but something always held him back. I gently suggested therapy since his issues had everything to do with his perception of sexuality and self worth, and those are things that won't be fixed without help. He moved to a different state and I left to study abroad, so our relationship came to a natural end.

Flash forward a decade and he was in town on business. He invited me out for dinner and drinks. One thing led to another and we ended up back in his hotel room... but nothing had changed. He was pushing 40 and still a virgin, now with even more serious hangups and insecurities. He had several multi-year relationships after me, but he told me all ended because of his inability to have sex with them. He had even tried dating a man thinking maybe he was suppressing gay feelings. We parted quite sadly, and I still think about him and how his virginity is a symptom of so many more issues. Thankfully, he recognizes that the issue is his, not the women he's been with.

And that's the challenge. Being a 30 year old virgin isn't a problem in of itself but it is so frequently a symptom of some other problem. With incel culture on the rise online, more and more men are finding it easier to blame everyone but themselves for where they are, all while becoming less attractive to women.
More than likely they were already unattractive to women to begin with. Some things are unchangeable that's just life.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:23 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
True however you never heard of him associated with any other women than his ex-wife Rhea Perlman and none since they divorced.
So because we've never heard of him associated with other women before he was with Rhea Perlman, that means that it's most likely that he's not been with many (or any, at all) before her? Now that's the most wildest assumption out of any I've read during this DeVito conversation. This is right up there with the classic ''I've never seen him with a woman before, dude must be gay, bro!''.

The reason that you can't find him linked to any other woman is likely because Rhea Perlman is the only woman that's famous that he's ever been linked to. If Danny Devito dated Mary Jane Jones from Neptune, New Jersey back in 1969, you wouldn't know it because nobody knows who the hell Mary Jane Jones from Neptune, New Jersey is.

One other fact check that I need to correct you on. DeVito did not meet Perlman on the set of Taxi. They were already together before Taxi was even a show. At the time they met, DeVito had only starred in one movie (and no TV shows) that had already been released. And he wasn't even a main star in it and most people probably haven't even heard of it before. It may have become more famous later on for being DeVito's first film than it was at the time of its release in 1970. By all accounts, DeVito and Rhea Perlman met on January 17th of 1971 when Perlman went to see a friend perform in a play, which DeVito also happened to be playing in and then they ''Moved in together two weeks after meeting''. They didn't marry until 1982, but they met and began their relationship 11 years prior. That's 6 years before Taxi premiered. As far not being linked to anyone after they've split, I can't even find anything on them ever or current being officially divorced. They've separated and reconciled a couple times. It doesn't seem they were ever split for more than a year and as of March of 2018, they have apparently reconciled once again and were planning on renewing their wedding vows.

So, pretty much this just looks like more ammo for the ''Ugly guys don't get women'' narrative that's pushed by some of you here.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:32 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
I'm past trying to make sense of it anymore, no imagination needed.
You have my sympathies. Sometimes, the only way to win is not to play at all.

Old 12-21-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
So because we've never heard of him associated with other women before he was with Rhea Perlman, that means that it's most likely that he's not been with many (or any, at all) before her? Now that's the most wildest assumption out of any I've read during this DeVito conversation. This is right up there with the classic ''I've never seen him with a woman before, dude must be gay, bro!''.

The reason that you can't find him linked to any other woman is likely because Rhea Perlman is the only woman that's famous that he's ever been linked to. If Danny Devito dated Mary Jane Jones from Neptune, New Jersey back in 1969, you wouldn't know it because nobody knows who the hell Mary Jane Jones from Neptune, New Jersey is.

One other fact check that I need to correct you on. DeVito did not meet Perlman on the set of Taxi. They were already together before Taxi was even a show. At the time they met, DeVito had only starred in one movie (and no TV shows) that had already been released. And he wasn't even a main star in it and most people probably haven't even heard of it before. It may have become more famous later on for being DeVito's first film than it was at the time of its release in 1970. By all accounts, DeVito and Rhea Perlman met on January 17th of 1971 when Perlman went to see a friend perform in a play, which DeVito also happened to be playing in and then they ''Moved in together two weeks after meeting''. They didn't marry until 1982, but they met and began their relationship 11 years prior. That's 6 years before Taxi premiered. As far not being linked to anyone after they've split, I can't even find anything on them ever or current being officially divorced. They've separated and reconciled a couple times. It doesn't seem they were ever split for more than a year and as of March of 2018, they have apparently reconciled once again and were planning on renewing their wedding vows.

So, pretty much this just looks like more ammo for the ''Ugly guys don't get women'' narrative that's pushed by some of you here.
This pretty much proves Hollywood ugly guys can get women however it doesn't disprove that many regular ugly guys can't. Comparing Hollywood men to regular men is like comparing apples to oranges.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:23 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Hm, at this point should he not consider a prostitute or a FWB experience to just get it done and over with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships