Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 11:44 AM

212 posts, read 159,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Yes I would - but, if they are smart, they would want to date someone who is a virgin too.
That's how I feel an experienced women wouldn't understand me and vice versa. At least this way there would be no reason to judge each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 06:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
I do not know......

Old 11-06-2017, 01:04 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but people can and will judge you on anything and everything. Ya don't like it, don't leave your house.

This no judging crap is just that, crap. People judge you every single second. Just the way the world works. The brain takes in and processes data subconsciously without trying.
That's true...but what we judge people on, and how we use our judgments does vary. This particular point, I don't judge anyone negatively for, but when it comes to sketchiness or toxic attitudes? I can build boundaries like fortress walls in an instant. I've got an advanced degree from the school of hard knocks on how to deal with people who stand to create drama, havoc or harm in my life.

On that note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
If I can be judged I can also do the judging, most women don't want a older male virgin no matter if I announce it or not, why would I want an experienced woman if that's how they feel about me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
That's how I feel an experienced women wouldn't understand me and vice versa. At least this way there would be no reason to judge each other.
I'm one of at least 2 women I know for sure about, who are experienced and enjoy inexperienced men. And as none of us are defined entirely by whether and how much sex we've had, we tend to choose partners that we understand and relate to very well. A lack of experience wouldn't necessarily put someone off, but show that hateful, spiteful stuff, and any woman with sense would run for the hills. That's probably a good reason for you to avoid experienced women anyhow...many of us will be wise ("experienced") enough to avoid YOU. Some 18 year old virgin may be dumb enough to give you a chance, but she'd grow up and wise up and leave sooner or later if your bitter streak kept on like it appears here.

Women are funny like that. It's almost like we're people or something.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 PM

130 posts, read 111,854 times
Why not? A person is much more that a sexual relation

Old 11-08-2017, 06:46 AM

242 posts, read 262,971 times
I have experience with dating guys who were still virgins! I would advise a woman NOT to do it! Sorry, but I know everyone is different but here are my two and only experiences...
Guy no. 1...aged 29 and still a virgin, guy no. 2, aged 28 virgin. I knew they was virgins but I really liked them . Both became very clingy, and professed their devotion and love soon after, within a week or two! The second guy wanted to marry me after 3 months of dating. The thing about dating an 'old' virgin is that, usually, they have no or very little experience with women, it is almost as if they are emotionally stunted because of this; they acted like teenagers and not like men. The first one I let him go after a month of dating. But the second one took it pretty hard and cried and cried. They were both very intense in expressing their feelings for me. I now understood why they were still virgins at that age! I think they scared away women with their intensity. But keep in mind these two virgins never had girlfriends......so that could be the main cause of their behavior.
Never again!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
I have experience with dating guys who were still virgins! I would advise a woman NOT to do it! Sorry, but I know everyone is different but here are my two and only experiences...
Guy no. 1...aged 29 and still a virgin, guy no. 2, aged 28 virgin. I knew they was virgins but I really liked them . Both became very clingy, and professed their devotion and love soon after, within a week or two! The second guy wanted to marry me after 3 months of dating. The thing about dating an 'old' virgin is that, usually, they have no or very little experience with women, it is almost as if they are emotionally stunted because of this; they acted like teenagers and not like men. The first one I let him go after a month of dating. But the second one took it pretty hard and cried and cried. They were both very intense in expressing their feelings for me. I now understood why they were still virgins at that age! I think they scared away women with their intensity. But keep in mind these two virgins never had girlfriends......so that could be the main cause of their behavior.
Never again!
An interesting perspective, that your aversion had nothing to do with their sexual ability and everything to do with the associated emotional effects of their lack of experience.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
An interesting perspective, that your aversion had nothing to do with their sexual ability and everything to do with the associated emotional effects of their lack of experience.
It's hard to say if those guys were that way because they lacked experience, or if they lacked experience because they were that way.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:30 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
It's hard to say if those guys were that way because they lacked experience, or if they lacked experience because they were that way.
It is, which I think proves why this question of "would you" is not so cut and dried.

At its heart, it's a relational question.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Never again!
Aww, they sound like nice guys. Where’d you meet them? I don’t think I’ve ever dated a male virgin...at least he didn’t tell me if he was.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:58 AM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Never again!
I would agree with this. I did have some of the younger ones develop a puppy love, too. But the older virgin I've been with...yes, he's completely devoted, and it only works because I am, too.

That's just it though. Women will get upset if they really want to keep a guy in our lives, and he "acts like a man" and has a sexual relationship with us a while and then drifts or runs away...but when we are not feeling so attached, and HE gets attached, it is exactly as bothersome since now we've got to the be one breaking somebody's heart. As I've said before it is rare to make a love-match with someone where you are BOTH intensely emotionally invested in an equal way. That, to me, has been the rarest of things.

So that would be a caution about virgin men...to make sure that if you are not willing to get serious with them, that they really really know that, and to be on guard against the possibility. Or be prepared to get serious with them. There is probably a higher chance they'll get attachy. My point is though...that is not always a bad thing.

It's only "clingy" when one person is doing it and the other isn't. If both are, you'll still make all of your friends want to throw up, but at least the two of ya will be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships