Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times

Advertisements

Aye... I was going to vote for winter. the OP should have made this a poll ! I love polls!

Winter is down time, hibernating time. Snuggly time No one wants to have hot steamy sex in the middle of summer, true, but when you think about it.... does anyone really want to be carrying around a bowling ball in their stomach going through their final trimester when it's hot and sticky either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 07:25 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
Actually you might want to work backwards--what is the number of births in x month, backtrack 40 weeks and you might have some indication.

Also rather than season you might take a look at occurrences: more children born 9months after a disaster (i.e. war, threat of war, big storm, household arguments. ) etc.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:35 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
the OP should have made this a poll ! I love polls!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

oh, I'm sorry, I'm in "one of those moods" again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Actually you might want to work backwards--what is the number of births in x month, backtrack 40 weeks and you might have some indication.

Also rather than season you might take a look at occurrences: more children born 9months after a disaster (i.e. war, threat of war, big storm, household arguments. ) etc.
I'll have to go with ontheroad again on this one. Seems like there's always a big surge of kids born after a major disaster.

I was thinking maybe it's not seasonal though, maybe it's more on occasions, like day and night!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,634 times
Default Winter and Midsummer's eve

I have no idea, really (Ok, I might, but I'm not going to be tricked into anything!) but in Sweden, I'd say winter time. Most of my classmates throughout my school time have been born in the summer (yes, I envy them- I don't like being born so early in the year...).
But another month that is very popular here is also late March and early April. Hm, why you may wonder...

Traditions, oh, the nice traditions who have formed people all over the world... It's called Midsommarafton, or Midsummer's eve. It is celebrated in late June, and it's the most popular holiday of them all here, and known for one thing... Jupp, you guessed it!

I was born in March, and so was my younger brother. Wanna guess what happened on Midsummer's eve those years?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:24 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times
All I can think of is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd arguing back and forth....its Duck Season...Its Wabbit Season....I got nothing...with both air conditioning and heat at my house its not the weather its when are the kids all working at the same time that i'm tuned into.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:53 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
The usual mating season for Homo Sapiens is fall and winter I would think. Nobody does the nasty in the summer when it is hot and humid! The best way to find out is to look up the distribution of birthdates for babies. Probably lots more born in August and September!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The usual mating season for Homo Sapiens is fall and winter I would think. Nobody does the nasty in the summer when it is hot and humid! The best way to find out is to look up the distribution of birthdates for babies. Probably lots more born in August and September!
I was gonna say "Nope, you're wrong." But I can't. I have two kids - one born August 6th and one born Sept. 15th! But I will admit to doing the nasty during summer when it's hot. It's not humid where I live.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,985 times
I have one in March, May, and December so i guess it doesnt really matter for me as long as i am having sex

Old 12-05-2007, 12:56 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
What season are human beings most sexually active?
In a poll I created on these forums not too long ago, most birthdays were later in the year, so I guess that proves the theory about peoople having nothing else to do during the cold months, unless you live in areas with warmer climate during the fall, winter and spring months, then there's really no definite answer to the question.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 AM

188 posts, read 474,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
I'm writing an article for my college newspaper's Sex and Relationships column, and I was wondering what everyone's opinion is regarding human sexual activity and seasons.

Summer. Fall. Winter. Spring.

What season are humans "horniest" and why?

The question was when are humans are the most sexually active. Since humans are one of the few species that induldge in sex just for the fun of it, I would think that any time the spirit moves us is when we have sex, and it is not seasonaly dependent. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships