Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

My friend married a Spaniard. She is a firecracker and goes off at the drop of a hat. Her whole family is that way and she said it's the way most Spaniards are - very fiery.

ETA - she once hit a guy in the head with a golf club. I suggest you hide any sports equipment lying around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Unless he wants to change, it's up for you to learn how to live with it. You knew what you married, perhaps you didn't know yourself well enough to know what you could live with.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-05-2014, 07:22 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Let me recommend a book that I believe will really help him:
Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica: Ana Smiljanic, Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica: 9781887904193: Amazon.com: Books

I think he'll get a lot out of it.
Y ¡suerte!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Let me recommend a book that I believe will really help him:
Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica: Ana Smiljanic, Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica: 9781887904193: Amazon.com: Books

I think he'll get a lot out of it.
Y ¡suerte!
Muchisimas gracias!! I wonder if this book is translated into Spanish?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Please keep all posts in English please.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 AM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
He may be cynical because he expects women to make the first move and when they don't his self-esteem is lowered. Don't pursue him, I don't think its worth it. If a guy likes you enough, he will show it.
Take care x

Old 03-06-2014, 01:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
He may be cynical because he expects women to make the first move and when they don't his self-esteem is lowered. Don't pursue him, I don't think its worth it. If a guy likes you enough, he will show it.
Take care x
she's married to him

Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Well, what's done is done. You married him. Surely there are good qualities there as well? I can be cynical myself. Sometimes I have to remind myself not to get so upset about little things and to try to see the good in situations and people, and not always just the bad. And if I had a SO who was upset with me and asked me to try to be more positive, then I would definitely try if I loved them and wanted them to be happy. Does your husband love you and want you to be happy? If he does, then I would hope that after a heart to heart he would try to simmer his temper and bad attitude down a few notches for the sake of the marriage. I think it is only when one person refuses to try to change and work on things that the relationship is doomed.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I have delt with a 2 year relationship with a person like this. I don't have much that I can tell you, because I ended the relationship. It was mentally exhausting. I feel your pain and understand you, but apart from having him go to a psychologist.. I don't have any advice I can give you.

Good luck
Yeah, I agree here. I wouldn't have made the decision to overlook something this important in favor of his good qualities, during dating & engagement. This is a pretty important thing, and as people here so often say, it won't get any better as the years go on. You may well find it draining and abrasive, if not immature. My take is that you two are from such widely differing backgrounds (him: spoiled, you--not; him: major baggage from childhood/family, you--"healthy", good parents) with, in some ways, opposing value systems, that this simply isn't a good match. I know that's not what you want to hear, but ... this is how it looks to me.

Think how your vastly different upbringings might affect any kids you might raise. You two probably wouldn't be on the same page with child-rearing or the type of home environment you want or end up creating. (Do you really want a child of yours to be exposed to this on a regular basis?)

Too bad you didn't post this a year ago, before the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43;
perhaps you didn't know yourself well enough to know what you could live with.
Good point. It sounds like the OP is only now finding out how close the end of her rope is. OP, usually one marries someone because they make one happy. If they drag you down, that's an important sign, it's not something to be rationalized away by telling yourself they have some good qualities.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-06-2014 at 12:21 PM..

Old 03-06-2014, 12:47 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Let's just assume people on the whole are selfish and only do things for selfish reasons. Now, can you come up with a good reason why he would want to change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships