Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 09:53 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times

Advertisements

Last Sunday at the church that my husband and I go to the pastor mentioned during worship that young males and females *he did not mention the age range* who are dating need to keep their hands to themselves and to set boundaries regarding appropriate dating behavior.

He did not mention what he meant by keep your hands to yourself.

He has two daughters in their early twenties. Neither of them are dating.

Is it realistic or unrealistic to expect a young adult in their twenties to literally keep their hands to themselves while dating someone and to expect the same from their date?

How would the majority of adults their age react and or feel about this behavior?

Is a connection developed by acting this way?

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-08-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 09:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Church should of thought about that before they touched little boys.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:14 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
But, pastor, how will you know whether the fruits and vegetables are ripened to your liking if you don't fondle them prior to taking them home?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:19 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Last Sunday at the church that my husband and I go to the pastor mentioned during worship that young males and females *he did not mention the age range* who are dating need to keep their hands to themselves and to set boundaries regarding appropriate dating behavior.

Is it realistic or unrealistic to expect a young adult in their twenties to literally keep their hands to themselves while dating someone and to expect the same from their date?

How would the majority of adults their age react and or feel about this behavior?

It is completely unrealistic.

What will happen is what always happens. Teenagers will put their hands all over themselves, and each other, regardless of what the pastor says. They will behave just like teenagers everywhere behave. Only these teenagers will be much more careful to hide their behavior. And they will feel much more guilty about it.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Do you really need us to tell you whether this is reasonable or unreasonable?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
But, pastor, how will you know whether the fruits and vegetables are ripened to your liking if you don't fondle them prior to taking them home?
Lol ewww!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:32 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you really need us to tell you whether this is reasonable or unreasonable?
I was just curious

Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:

Do you want a pastor who changes with the flow of what is happening now or one who is giving advice to try to help people stay on the "right" path according to whatever religious tenets you believe in. Rarely do the youth agree with what their pastors are telling them - nothing about that has changed. I guess I'm saying what kind of religious teachings do you want to hear?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:35 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
I got a little change in my pocket going ching-a-ling-a-ling
Wanna call you on the telephone, baby, give you a ring
But each time we talk, I get the same old thing
Always, "No huggee, no kissee until I get a wedding ring"
My honey, my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf
She said, "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself"

Ooh, baby, baby, baby, why you gonna treat me this way?
You know I'm still your loverboy, I still feel the same way
That's when she told me a story 'bout free milk and a cow
And said, "No huggee, no kissee until I get a wedding vow"

You see, I wanted her real bad and I was about to give in
That's when she started talking about true love, started talking about sin
I said, "Honey, I'll live with you for the rest of my life"
She said, "No huggee, no kissee until you make me a wife"

-- The Georgia Satellites

Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I wonder what denomination this is. I can't imagine a pastor discussing this sort of thing in a sermon. It's more like something he might say to the church's youth group, if at all. I guess he doesn't have much faith in the parents' ability to provide guidance and standards for their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships