Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Very tough to hold children hostage (better yet, raise them knowing their parents stayed miserabke "for them") in an untenable relationship, too, and in the process, warp their views of what a healthy, happy marriage/relationship is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Also very tough to do with children involved.
It's very tough to do.. but everyone in the family can feel the tension. The question is.. how could it be impossible for the children not to feel what is being presented within close proximity of any family? Is it possible to take the frustration that is supposedly 'unseen' to other places in their life? In other words, no one is hiding anything except the persons trying to hide it.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Here you can be faceless and talk about your business. I think sharing it here is healthy rather than sharing it with friends where word will go around.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
I vent about any issues I have with my husband in my own written journal and discuss the issue with him for as long as it takes to get it settled. Intimate details about our private lives is never up for discussion but I do from time to time mention I'd like to poke him multiple times with a very sharp stick but no details.

It appears so many have no qualms about posting their graphic sexual adventure details with absolutely everyone which is their choice but does everyone on the planet need to have every detail of your sexual experience and what exactly you do during sex or your sexual gratification with yourself, your doll or another human?
I don't think so.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:19 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
I don't tell you folk anything I don't talk to my friends about.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:35 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Very tough to hold children hostage (better yet, raise them knowing their parents stayed miserabke "for them") in an untenable relationship, too, and in the process, warp their views of what a healthy, happy marriage/relationship is.
Right. So how do you get out of it? I am dealing with an unreasonable spouse who would not mind divorcing but is not interested in a fair resolution. Any movement toward one will produce a volatile, impossible situation. And the kids don't want a divorce either.

As far as showing the kids what a healthy, happy marriage is, I don't advise them to ever get married in the first place. You see, they are male.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
It's very tough to do.. but everyone in the family can feel the tension. The question is.. how could it be impossible for the children not to feel what is being presented within close proximity of any family? Is it possible to take the frustration that is supposedly 'unseen' to other places in their life? In other words, no one is hiding anything except the persons trying to hide it.
Yes, I am aware of what you are saying. Hence my characterization of this situation as intractable.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:01 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I vent about any issues I have with my husband in my own written journal and discuss the issue with him for as long as it takes to get it settled. Intimate details about our private lives is never up for discussion but I do from time to time mention I'd like to poke him multiple times with a very sharp stick but no details.

It appears so many have no qualms about posting their graphic sexual adventure details with absolutely everyone which is their choice but does everyone on the planet need to have every detail of your sexual experience and what exactly you do during sex or your sexual gratification with yourself, your doll or another human
?
I don't think so.
Yeah, I'm just waiting for one of these womanizing serial daters to come back and start a thread- "She read my CDR and it's now my third night on the couch...help!"

Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
I've been on this forum for about 6 yrs or so and have never once disclosed any personal problems between Mrs. Chow and I on this forum. I make mention about her a lot, but have never talked about any of our "issues."

What ever works for people, I'm not sure if it's a betrayal, as most people here are anonymous and don't know each other in real life.

I'd be more upset if she went to people we know and discussed our stuff as opposed to a public forum where she could be anonymous....

Old 04-12-2014, 08:57 AM

179 posts, read 308,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
This came up in a few threads, lately, and I think it deserves some real discussion.

Several posters have made comments that it is always a betrayal to post about your problems in a relationship, or in your sex life with a particular person.

To me this seems bizarre. I certainly take note of how people post about their partners -- do they do it with consideration for privacy, leaving out details that might be embarrassing or getting the partner's permission to post them, do they have an attitude of respect and admiration for their partner or to they seem to be simmering with resentment, or patronising, etc.?

But when a person describes the problems with respect and with compassion for their partner's point of view, I think such discussion is healthy! In fact, I will not date someone who doesn't have people, preferably IRL as well as online, they can talk to about difficulties in the relationship. I think outside points of view, and people to vent to, are essential.

That guy in the '(hetero)' thread, for example. If his wife tells him he is bad in bed, is he going to listen? Heck, no. He as already decided the problem is all her, and that all women hate sex. But if 20 people on the internet tell him otherwise, some of them men, there's a possibility that he might.

So what do you think? Always a betrayal? Sometimes, but depends on tone?
She's never told me that - that has been my point all along.

Sorry to hijack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships