Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:27 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times

Advertisements

Let me lay this out for you. You don't have sex with this girl, but you've remained friends with her on the off chance that maaayyybbeeeee you could get lucky one night.

She has remained friends with you likely for the ego boost an orbiter like you provides her female attention craving hamster wheel, to use you for occasional favors, and as an emotional tampon when needed.

Unfriend her and look even more like a needy little herbling. If she even notices at all. Avoid looking butthurt. Be cordial if she contacts you but remove her from your life, it sounds like she adds nothing of value to your life except for a sad fantasy of maybe bedding her one day.

Harsh, but true

-RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wouldn't unfriending her allow him to go off and do his own thing? Out of sight and out of mind can't happen is he sees her face on his FB feed. If he wants to be done with her and leave the friendzone, NO contact whatsoever.
I get what you're saying. But if he's going to do that, then at least have the guts to say why he's doing it. For what we're looking at here is his version of events. Maybe she has some stuff going on in her life and just doesn't want a relationship. Hey, that happens a lot in life.

So by defriending her, he's basically missing out on the opportunity for her to say, "Hey. I've been thinking about you a lot lately." That does happen, you know. Instead, if he surreptitiously does it, she might have a change of heart and look him up, saying, "Well, that weasel defriended me. WTF?"

Personally, I'm a big believer in letting people know what you think.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2233 View Post
No..this is not the issue...i didn't even make a move in this direction, while we shared the same bed on several occasions. as i mentioned above, i am certain that no romantic relation is possible between us. I feel she is taking me for granted with requests to help her with several things, to listen to her for hours complaining about her bf (that he left her), or about her job...etc; i feel she contacts me when only when she needs smthg: material and/or emotional support.
lol i didn't even read this one before my last post and I NAILED it.

She is using you as an emotional tampon. You admitted in your first post that you've likely stayed around because you want to hit it.

Stop being friends with this girl, by slowing ghosting and becoming unavailable. Don't bother with facebook. That telegraphs that you are butthurt. So unattractive. Reinvent yourself somehow. Hit the gym, get a new better job, etc etc. Reintroduce, create attraction, and seal the deal with the once friendzoned user. It's an amazing accomplishment but will take a long time and discipline to achieve.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I get what you're saying. But if he's going to do that, then at least have the guts to say why he's doing it. For what we're looking at here is his version of events. Maybe she has some stuff going on in her life and just doesn't want a relationship. Hey, that happens a lot in life.

So by defriending her, he's basically missing out on the opportunity for her to say, "Hey. I've been thinking about you a lot lately." That does happen, you know. Instead, if he surreptitiously does it, she might have a change of heart and look him up, saying, "Well, that weasel defriended me. WTF?"

Personally, I'm a big believer in letting people know what you think.
He does NOT owe her an explanation nor would it be a good thing for contact to take place to give that explanation. He needs to move on from this woman, he has already spent too much energy on her as it is.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He does NOT owe her an explanation nor would it be a good thing for contact to take place to give that explanation. He needs to move on from this woman, he has already spent too much energy on her as it is.
He owes her nothing. She is using him. As soon as a new lover comes around that also provides her with emotional support, this dude will be on CD complaining his besty no longer calls him to chat.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2233 View Post
No..this is not the issue...i didn't even make a move in this direction, while we shared the same bed on several occasions. as i mentioned above, i am certain that no romantic relation is possible between us. I feel she is taking me for granted with requests to help her with several things, to listen to her for hours complaining about her bf (that he left her), or about her job...etc; i feel she contacts me when only when she needs smthg: material and/or emotional support.
Dude. You mean you slept in the same bed with her a few times and never tried anything? I'm thinking she tried and you didn't take the hint. That's on you, not her.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Dude. You mean you slept in the same bed with her a few times and never tried anything? I'm thinking she tried and you didn't take the hint. That's on you, not her.
LOL. Guys just can't win. If he tried something and his friend said no, you'd be chirping at him about being a creepy rapey type guy. Instead he didn't and that's his fault too.

Nah. Girls latch on to guys and put them squarely in the friendzone. They become an emotional comfort without the sexual aspect, even expecting cuddles without things getting heated. As long as the guy is a big enough weakling, this can go on for years.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
LOL. Guys just can't win. If he tried something and his friend said no, you'd be chirping at him about being a creepy rapey type guy. Instead he didn't and that's his fault too.

Nah. Girls latch on to guys and put them squarely in the friendzone. They become an emotional comfort without the sexual aspect, even expecting cuddles without things getting heated. As long as the guy is a big enough weakling, this can go on for years.
Oh, please. I'm a guy. In my dating life, that would have been a buying signal.

Back to the original question. It's entirely possible to simply ignore someone on Facebook without defriending them. Doing so makes one look like a teenager.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 PM

579 posts, read 762,261 times
Go drink with her
Get her loaded
Make a move

Make her delete you

Old 04-22-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, please. I'm a guy. In my dating life, that would have been a buying signal.

Back to the original question. It's entirely possible to simply ignore someone on Facebook without defriending them. Doing so makes one look like a teenager.
Good for you champ, did you get a medal for being a guy?

I have enough friends from playboys to guys who don't do well with women at all. I've seen it a hundred times. Hell, looking back on high school, I got friendzoned hard without even realizing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships