Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:26 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You must be old with low T... any guy would not be close friends or "besties" with a girl unless he has no male friends, the girls are ugly or he has feminine interests in which he can connect with. In which case, he has gay tendencies.
He said women, not girls. Big difference.

Nice attempt at shaming though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wanting to control who your GF spends time with is exactly that, a person having control issues.

If any woman told me she didn't want me spending time, my time, with a friend of either gender she would be history. Fast.
I agree.

When you've known someone for a long time, back from your school days, it's a very different feeling toward them than meeting as an adult. There's history from growing up together, they know your family from living in the same neighbourhood, school and sports activities, birthday parties, etc. You're not related, but they're familiar to you like a relation. Why would anyone stop a friendship with someone they grew up with simply because of gender?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Just to cover the relevant issues, you shouldn't have snooped. Your story rings hollow. Work on being more honorable in the future. If you're uncomfortable with something about a future relationship, decide whether that discomfort is your issue or something to discuss with your partner, and act accordingly. I realize in this case, your suspicions appear to have been correct, but your behavior in confirming your suspicions was still unjustified.

Her behavior appears to be quite untrustworthy. You have some decides to make.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:04 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1229 View Post
Hi, I am in a relationship with a girl I met about a year and a half ago. To make a long story shorter my girlfriend has a male friend whom she has been friends with before I came along. Our problem begins when my girlfriend invites me to a graduation from her school that she had been chosen to participate in. This is the first time she introduced me to her guy friend. the day proceeds on and all the while I notice this guy friend of my girlfriend insists on hanging around her, talking about the most mudane things someone could think off. My girlfriend begins talking back to him while she sits next to me. He even sits down next to her. This bothers me. My girlfriend occasionally looks at me to ask "are you alright?" to which I don't respond. She continues discussing trivial things with her friend while I sit there. by the end of the day when we are alone, after much of her questioning my behaivor, I tell her how I feel. She insist that they are like brother and sister. Fast forward months later, this guy has visited my girlfriends parents while i wasn't around. Even her parents insist to me that they have a brother and sister relationship. My girlfriend insist to me that she doesn't call him and they don't have each others number or anything. Fast forward months later, my girlfriend seems to be eager to reintroduce this guy to me and a second time because she wants us to be friends. So this guy, happens to play marvel vs capcom 3, so he gives me his phone number so we could play sometime. So fast forward to yesterday, me and my girlfriend are looking at each others phone pictures and i happen to look at the phone calls. I see a name that says Selena in her phone. I see the name Selena over a number that looks familiar. I look in my phone and sure enough its the guy friend whom my girlfriend insisted she didn't talk to. She lied to me and now I don't know if i can ever trust her again.
Clearly, the lies cause you to feel unsafe, not very secure and respected in this relationship. Rightfully so.

I knew a girl who was with a very sweet honest guy, and behind his back, I knew and my friends knew she was sleeping with a so-called "guy friend" who also had a GF at that time (he'd even brag about it to my ex). She was totally playing him, and was with him for 4 years throughout the whole time.

Her lies speak of her lack of integrity to me. I say, you pick yourself up and acknowledge you deserve better. Nobody deserves to be lied to. It's a blatant slap-in-the-face.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:38 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Lies and going behind the others backs...

Great relationship.

If you find yourself having to look through others belongings to verify YOUR feelings, you shouldn't be asking "should I stay" you should be on your way out the door.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:07 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You must be old with low T... any guy would not be close friends or "besties" with a girl unless he has no male friends, the girls are ugly or he has feminine interests in which he can connect with. In which case, he has gay tendencies.
That may be true in the circle of troglodytes you run with, but for myself and many others? Nah. Some of my female friends are attractive, but they are not my type. I'm a good looking guy who doesn't have to settle. So the desire to hop into a relationship with a girl just because she is hot is one I pass on. I don't date tom boys, ever, under no circumstance. I don't want any woman I'm sleeping with to be anything like a guy. But I find them to make great friends. Female friends don't try to sleep with your girlfriend either. I have found that a healthy mix of male and female friends is the best scenario. If you are only hanging around men, it makes me question your sexual tendencies. You've been so quick to call me and others "gay" for having friendships with woman, and your venomous remarks in my defense of such, have me convinced you are a closet homosexual. Which is fine, I don't have anything against the LGBT community. I just find it comical that your intellectual capacity is so small, you can't see past your own insecurities and actually believe that men can't and have nothing to gain by being friends with woman, and therefore feel that they are "gay". I have found my female friends to be far more reliable than my male friends, sadly. More dependable, loyal, better integrity, etc. One day you might grow up and experience something similar, but I doubt it. I'm not holding my breath on that theory, that's for sure.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:27 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Just to cover the relevant issues, you shouldn't have snooped. Your story rings hollow. Work on being more honorable in the future. If you're uncomfortable with something about a future relationship, decide whether that discomfort is your issue or something to discuss with your partner, and act accordingly. I realize in this case, your suspicions appear to have been correct, but your behavior in confirming your suspicions was still unjustified.

Her behavior appears to be quite untrustworthy. You have some decides to make.
^All that needs to be said.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Controlling snooper, lol. Let's give her a pass on deceitfully betrayed you.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM

589 posts, read 639,200 times
Of course the woman is never at fault. I can guarantee if the scenario was reversed, she wouldn't be too thrilled with the situation to say the least.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:56 PM

231 posts, read 264,643 times
you sound insecure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships