Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 09:52 PM

21 posts, read 20,398 times

Advertisements

I'm in a good relationship now for 4 years and I started working in a different department at my job 8 months ago and I'm falling for a co-worker 22 years older than me and he's single and likes me too. I get excited to go to work when I know he's there and my boyfriend has even made comments on me liking him. I'm so curious about him sexually that sometimes at work that's all I can think about. What do I do? I love my man but....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 10:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
I think you know what to do.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:13 PM

21 posts, read 20,398 times
But really I don't! I need advice as what to do!

Old 12-23-2015, 10:21 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,534,226 times
You have to make a choice who you love more and when you do stop contact with the other person, unless it's on a professional level. The worst thing you can do is go behind someone's back and have a relationship with another person, unless of course they're okay with it. It's really a matter of respect for everyone involved but you have to make a decision.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:25 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
This is easy. You are crushing.

Do you want to be in a relationship with your boyfriend or not?

Decide and act appropriately. Either break up and pursue your crush or commit to your boyfriend & knock it off. Nobody likes a cheater.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:27 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Bring him home and have a threesome with your boyfriend. It will be perfect.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:13 AM

442 posts, read 1,579,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistersecret View Post
I'm so curious about him sexually that sometimes at work that's all I can think about. What do I do? I love my man but....
Your curiosity is just a fantasy that would more than likely be met with disappointment in reality. You've been with your dude for 4 years and you love him. How could you possibly be falling for a coworker if you don't even know him on a deep personal level (just a coworker level)? Sounds like it's just a crush and temptation. I've been on both sides of this fence. If you love your dude then you need to get your coworker out of your mind and train you brain to think differently to stop the temptation. You can do it. Once I heard good advice on the radio that I guess I never took...if temptation is leading you to cheat in your relationship, then you must take all means necessary to avoid that temptation, even if it means leaving your job and getting far away from the "crush".

..or you could just give up 4 years with your dude and get with this crush and see where that goes. Prob not going to go far like your current relationship since it's a coworker and based on lust. But it's your choice.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:40 AM

844 posts, read 1,064,118 times
Maybe you should have an affair with your coworker, live the fantasy and continue with your live. I know this is not the best tip, but at least you'll fulfill your fantasy and be able to concentrate again afterwards.
Just remember, think of what's the worst that could happen and if you can live with it. If you can go on and approach this coworker of yours, if you cannot maybe you need to regain your focus for both your current relationship and your work.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:24 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
This sounds like trouble brewing

Old 12-24-2015, 06:54 AM

1,333 posts, read 883,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
Your curiosity is just a fantasy that would more than likely be met with disappointment in reality. You've been with your dude for 4 years and you love him. How could you possibly be falling for a coworker if you don't even know him on a deep personal level (just a coworker level)? Sounds like it's just a crush and temptation. I've been on both sides of this fence. If you love your dude then you need to get your coworker out of your mind and train you brain to think differently to stop the temptation. You can do it. Once I heard good advice on the radio that I guess I never took...if temptation is leading you to cheat in your relationship, then you must take all means necessary to avoid that temptation, even if it means leaving your job and getting far away from the "crush".

..or you could just give up 4 years with your dude and get with this crush and see where that goes. Prob not going to go far like your current relationship since it's a coworker and based on lust. But it's your choice.
Let me just emphasize the bold part.

As has been said here, I've been on both sides of the fence (though, not in a 4 year long relationship.) I understand that you feel like you want this person, but try to step back for a moment and think rationally.
Are you happy with your boyfriend?
Will you be happy with this man when he's laying on his death bed and you're still young?
Are you willing to give up a 4 year relationship with your boyfriend who you "love"?

Answer honestly and act honestly. If you really want to leave your boyfriend for this older man, then do it. If you love your boyfriend, don't do it.
Do not stay with your boyfriend and pursue this man. My ex girlfriend did that same thing to me (cheated on me with an old dude she worked with) and it's been 2 years and I still can get emotional about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships