Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:01 AM

6,475 posts, read 7,816,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistersecret View Post
But really I don't! I need advice as what to do!
Go for it.

See you on Jerry Springer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:05 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,839,870 times
Your curiosity is just a fantasy that would more than likely be met with disappointment in reality.

Fantasy met with disappointment would be the lead in line of your made for TV drama review. It's called a crush. Not based on reality but based entirely on your fantasy of a new reality and it says more about you than the actual situation. Nine times out of ten these things don't work out. At all. A fair percentage enacted upon has someone losing a job, a mate or both. The 90% that don't work out leaves everyone involved and that knows about it uncomfortable, making it difficult to work together. You are bored with your relationship. Get in or out of that relationship but this fantasy at work isn't the way to do it. Bottom line: Do you need this job?

Voice of experience speaking here.

Last edited by AK-Cathy; 12-24-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-24-2015, 10:33 AM

220 posts, read 175,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Maybe you should have an affair with your coworker, live the fantasy and continue with your live. I know this is not the best tip, but at least you'll fulfill your fantasy and be able to concentrate again afterwards.
Just remember, think of what's the worst that could happen and if you can live with it. If you can go on and approach this coworker of yours, if you cannot maybe you need to regain your focus for both your current relationship and your work.
Don't do this. Chose one or the other, and not both. Taking this route will inevitably lead to your boyfriend finding out, dumping you for shameful infidelity, and ultimately a co-worker who grows apart. Twenty-two years is a BIG difference. I'm not sure how old you are, but I would be willing to bet that 22 years is a large part of your life.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Bring him home and have a threesome with your boyfriend. It will be perfect.

This

Old 12-24-2015, 10:53 AM

216 posts, read 213,389 times
Quote:
I'm in a good relationship now for 4 years and I started working in a different department at my job 8 months ago and I'm falling for a co-worker 22 years older than me and he's single and likes me too. I get excited to go to work when I know he's there and my boyfriend has even made comments on me liking him. I'm so curious about him sexually that sometimes at work that's all I can think about. What do I do? I love my man but....
An infatuation is a normal thing but it's not love. I know a couple of young ladies whom I connect with on a cosmic level but I wouldn't go out with even if asked. Now, mind you I'm single and very much available and could go out but I won't. The age difference is too much and they need to be with someone of their own age. It doesn't mean that I can't still like them, but there are boundaries I've set that I do not break. And if I was in a relationship of 4 years as you claim to be then I'd be getting it off my mind and accept they're great person to work with and you can continue to like them but know that's a line you can never cross.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:59 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Not sure what "he likes me too" means; how does that manifest? Maybe he just enjoys flirting with you, and that's all. (Common with men, you know, to enjoy it when a much younger woman seems into him.) Sometimes men flirt but it's just an ego-stroke thing for them, and they have no intention to go further.

Alternatively, being that you know nothing about him, he might be into you just to prove something to himself, or for a short fling, and nothing more. If you get attached to him, you could have a rude awakening. IF you were to allow yourself to get involved with him at all, that is.

OP, your relationship with your bf is a sure thing. With this co-worker, you have no idea what you'd be getting into, or even if he's serious in his interest in you at all. Would you throw away a good thing just because some guy at the office (old enough to be your father) is flirting with you? That would be foolish.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:43 AM

21 posts, read 20,434 times
Thank you for all the advice. I do love my boyfriend and I would never cheat so I'm going to do nothing and just try to live with it.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:48 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
Thank you for all the advice. I do love my boyfriend and I would never cheat so I'm going to do nothing and just try to live with it.
Does the co-worker know you have a bf? Maybe all it would take would be to mention your bf in casual conversation, like talking about something you did over the weekend together, or mentioning a movie you saw together.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 PM

216 posts, read 213,389 times
Quote:
Welcome to finding a new level of maturity. However, it doesn't mean you have dislike this older co-worker, it's perfectly acceptable to have an infatuation. We all have movie stars and celebrities that we just like to see on the screen. And we will encounter people in our ordinary lives whom we will take a strong liking too and that's just fine. The secret is knowing thyself and respecting the boundaries we set for ourselves.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:11 PM

21 posts, read 20,434 times
Yes he knows I have a boyfriend cuz he knows my bf but they don't get along. They used to work together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships