Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 PM

89 posts, read 140,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
You don't like Indian chicks?
God no and I don't care to elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Did you tell your gf that your parents would most likely not approve of your relationship? You were advised to do so in your other thread.
That didn't phase her.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Are you the black sheep of the family?
To them I am but my siblings are not saints by any means.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,872 times
You have come to that 'fork in the road' that is in the future of many young people. Decide which is the most important, your girl friend or your family, it appears you can't have both. There is a possibility your folks will change their minds if you end up actually getting married to the woman you are dating, but there is no guarantee, it's the chance you have to take. You are the one who will have to decide. Giving up your family relationships, turning your back on them and walking away will not be easy, and may some day come back to haunt you.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:40 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
All you can do is explain your beliefs and reasonings and leave the door open for your family if they want involvement in your life.

Leave the doer open for family and don't habor animosity towards them while making the life you want for yourself.

It's that or drop everything and make them happy and not care about your own wishes

It's your life

Last edited by rego00123; 05-23-2014 at 11:58 PM..

Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brofessional View Post
That didn't phase her.
But it does now? Hopefully, she learned a lesson.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
You have come to that 'fork in the road' that is in the future of many young people. Decide which is the most important, your girl friend or your family, it appears you can't have both. There is a possibility your folks will change their minds if you end up actually getting married to the woman you are dating, but there is no guarantee, it's the chance you have to take. You are the one who will have to decide. Giving up your family relationships, turning your back on them and walking away will not be easy, and may some day come back to haunt you.
My siblings and extended family have no problems with it, just my parents.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:40 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
Quote:
So against my better judgement I took my gf to my parents dinner party. I though I could just keep her away from my parents by introducing her to my old friends. However, my mom was able to spot the one white person at the house and correctly deduced that she was my gf. My parents flipped out and now I'm no longer their son until I dump her and submit to an arranged marriage. For all intents and purposes I've been disowned because I have no intention of dumping her. I can live with it but my gf is pretty distraught over it and is asking me how she can get their approval. To make this night up to her I'm going to dedicate tomorrow to what she wants to do. But then what? I don't think she can let things go easily.
Why don't you disown your parents instead?

They're holding all of this pretend power over you by attempting to control your life. Just cut them off. Tell them that you're not going to put up with their racist attitude and walk out the door.

Don't respond to threats or calls. Tell your girlfriend to calm down.

They're the ones who need your attention, not the other way round.

See what happens.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Why don't you disown your parents instead?

They're holding all of this pretend power over you by attempting to control your life. Just cut them off. Tell them that you're not going to put up with their racist attitude and walk out the door.

Don't respond to threats or calls. Tell your girlfriend to calm down.

They're the ones who need your attention, not the other way round.

See what happens.
It seems like semantics to me, I don't care if I'm disowned to be honest. My gf is the one who is taking it harder.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:20 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,580,493 times
Quote:
God no and I don't care to elaborate.
Com'on, tell us! Why don't you like Indian chicks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships