Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:49 AM

818 posts, read 917,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
OP: If you were my daughter, I'd say dump him. I agree. There is something kind of weird there.
Agreed ^^ all that sap sounds crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 AM

231 posts, read 264,582 times
This letter is very sweet.

IF he was a good bf (despite the difference that made you break up), IF he had respected you all along, and IF he didn't do you wrong; I would take this letter as a token of appreciation.

So IF being friends with him, does not effect your future relationships in a bad way, and IF you can be friends with him and able to move on.... then yea, be friends with him.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWJ View Post
Yes it was a recent breakup, he dumped me because he felt trapped. I moved away after the breakup, a couple days later I unfriended him to help myself heal and was sent a barrage of mean messages. Now it's a couple weeks later and I get much different messages, fwb is impossible because now I am far away but something doesn't feel right about this
This makes all the difference. If you ever entertained the thought of getting back together with him, don't. If you do, be prepared to be played like a yoyo.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:47 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Coming from a guy myself, I can agree with the other posters that are advising you to keep it moving.

This letter is basically a security deposit. He is trying to ensure everything is on good enough terms to have you when and if he wants you. He probably also feels guilty for ending things the way he did and is trying to relieve some of his guilt. I'm not going to advise you to never get back with him because people do make mistakes, especially at 23 most guys don't know what they want. All dumpers are not monsters, but if you ever hope to have a future with him, he is going to have to come with way more than this. He's going to need to have identified what went wrong, taken ownership, and coming up with a plan on how things would be different.

In the mean time, do not wait around for him. Work on yourself and when you're ready, date.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWJ View Post
Yes it was a recent breakup, he dumped me because he felt trapped. I moved away after the breakup, a couple days later I unfriended him to help myself heal and was sent a barrage of mean messages. Now it's a couple weeks later and I get much different messages, fwb is impossible because now I am far away but something doesn't feel right about this
That greener grass on the other side of the fence must be turning brown and forcing him to use fertilizer.

Funny how people don't realize what they have 'til it's gone.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You're welcome!

Hey, if you think it's a bad idea, that's all you need to know. You don't owe anyone any explanations or justification. If your friends or family ask, just tell them that interacting with him doesn't make you happy. People who love you and care about your well-being will understand and be supportive.

Good luck!

This. This. and This. If you feel it's bad for you, that's ALL you need.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM

5 posts, read 3,606 times
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships