Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 06:34 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,975,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Anyone here feel kind of empty or missing that someone tonight? Sigh. I feel so alone even though there's so much going around me. I hate the feeling of not having someone to cover the void after a break up.

Just want to vent for the night. Thank you for reading
Becareful you don't mistakingly think people will make you happy.

You definitely don't want to be the clingy girlfriend that whines when the boyfriend goes out with his friends cause you will be lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,797,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Anyone here feel kind of empty or missing that someone tonight? Sigh. I feel so alone even though there's so much going around me. I hate the feeling of not having someone to cover the void after a break up.

Just want to vent for the night. Thank you for reading
I actually felt this last night too.

I'm starting to think this feeling is hardwired by evolution into humans. My hypotheses is that for millions of years our pre-human ancestors (and maybe thousands of years after in humans) had a seasonal mating system. And although we don't really mate seasonally anymore (except maybe some for spring break haha), we still have millions of years of that behavior built up from our past. So when a certain seasonal weather pattern comes along, it automatically triggers this feeling in us and we instinctively feel empty like we should be doing something.
In other words, what we feel missing is this repeated, ancient, seasonal mating behavior pattern we no longer engage in.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,291,538 times
My relationship ended yesterday, due to not enough time to see each other. It was hard to get up this morning and get ready for work. I wanted to take a personal day and process everything, but I had a work related obligation that I couldn't cancel on. Dating is something that has never been a good fit for me. Truthfully, I absolutely hate it, because I do have a hard time with it. I don't have such a hard time getting dates, but I HATE the process of meeting multiple people and it not going anywhere. I hate how one sided it is, because I'd be interested in getting to know them better, but they have no interest in that at all. One thing that has always worked for me, and I could call this person right now and be rewarded, is a FWB situation. As easy as that situation is for me, I'm over feeling emotionally empty. It's a void that can really only be filled with the chance of being emotionally loved and cared for by another person.

We weren't near the love stage by any means in my most recent relationship, but it was nice having someone in my life that I liked on an emotional level. I haven't had a lot of emotional level feelings in the dating world. Between not liking to date and having FWB, it took years for me to finally get emotionally invested in a relationship. I hate that this one ended and I have no idea when I'll get another shot. I feel a little broken right now. I'm already focused on trying to lose weight that I gained in the Winter, so I'm hoping that will perk my spirits. My relationship was a breath of fresh air for me and I liked how I felt in it, even though we had our own difficulties that we were trying to work through.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,647,466 times
Someday i will not be lonely but with got to get college done.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,037,797 times
Nope. Had a great evening. Kayaked most of the day Saturday. Gardened and ran Sunday. Then some outside beers at a local pub debating baseball trades and what the Celts should do with their draft picks. Avoided the FB offers as it was too nice out and I didn't put the AC in yet. Lovely and relaxing weekend.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:45 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,176 times
Not me. I relaxed by myself all day and it was wonderful. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you're never lonely and it doesn't make you happy all the time if you weren't happy to begin with.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,192,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Sounds like he was trying to plant something in your head and use it to his advantage. "Something missing from your life" is such a general statement and a feeling everyone feels at recurring moments in their life.

Ah well, I'm so busy I rarely allow myself to feel that way.....
I meditate & focus on being positive in spite of everything else in the world, lol
But everyone does have their highs & lows- it's normal.
Or, he was projecting

Old 06-09-2014, 09:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,743,448 times
This is true. However, contact with people is healthy and necessary, so maybe joining a group and doing activities might be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Becareful you don't mistakingly think people will make you happy.

You definitely don't want to be the clingy girlfriend that whines when the boyfriend goes out with his friends cause you will be lonely.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM

66 posts, read 78,753 times
Right there with you. Missing someone you love and knowing you won't be with them in the near future is the worst feeling, ever. I'm not one for pity parties, but sometimes you just have to let yourself be awash in the raw emotion and just let yourself feel it out. Otherwise, I don't believe you can truly move on.

The past month was the most amazing month of my life. Spent it with a genuinely fantastic guy who went above and beyond to make sure I was treated right and knew how much I meant to him. But we both knew going into it that he was moving for work... on a rotational program... I was open to exploring a LDR but he was not. Despite it all we couldn't stay away from each other. Time ran out, the pesky devil. We were both in 110% until suddenly we weren't. I've been through a lot, and I can honestly say this ranks as probably one of the toughest. Knowing that if circumstances were different, we'd be together no questions asked.

So, yeah... you're not the only lonely one.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
I am a happy single but Sunday evenings are tough. Especially since I know that everybody else in my street is with their family or at least spouse.

Then I move the doggy over on the couch and watch a chickflick that I couldn't watch if I weren't single
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships