Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Sunday evenings are tough only because I know Monday morning comes next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's why I try to stay up very long

Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
My relationship ended yesterday, due to not enough time to see each other. It was hard to get up this morning and get ready for work. I wanted to take a personal day and process everything, but I had a work related obligation that I couldn't cancel on. Dating is something that has never been a good fit for me. Truthfully, I absolutely hate it, because I do have a hard time with it. I don't have such a hard time getting dates, but I HATE the process of meeting multiple people and it not going anywhere. I hate how one sided it is, because I'd be interested in getting to know them better, but they have no interest in that at all. One thing that has always worked for me, and I could call this person right now and be rewarded, is a FWB situation. As easy as that situation is for me, I'm over feeling emotionally empty. It's a void that can really only be filled with the chance of being emotionally loved and cared for by another person.

We weren't near the love stage by any means in my most recent relationship, but it was nice having someone in my life that I liked on an emotional level. I haven't had a lot of emotional level feelings in the dating world. Between not liking to date and having FWB, it took years for me to finally get emotionally invested in a relationship. I hate that this one ended and I have no idea when I'll get another shot. I feel a little broken right now. I'm already focused on trying to lose weight that I gained in the Winter, so I'm hoping that will perk my spirits. My relationship was a breath of fresh air for me and I liked how I felt in it, even though we had our own difficulties that we were trying to work through.
So sorry this has happened! Just take one day at a time.... and keep your head up.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
I'm in an LDR right now and the weekends can be tough! We are both in it for the long run, and will be in the same state together at some point, but it still gets hard.

Hang in there everyone... I'm pulling for all of you to find your happy place

Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
So sorry this has happened! Just take one day at a time.... and keep your head up.
Thank you. I'll be fine. Just been single so long, I liked the change for a bit. I'm rare in my area of not being married, divorced, or with child. When it's all you see and your long-term friend base is doing the relationship thing, you can have a tendency to feel out of place. I'm never made to feel not welcomed though.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Ah well, I'm so busy I rarely allow myself to feel that way.....
I meditate & focus on being positive in spite of everything else in the world, lol
But everyone does have their highs & lows- it's normal.
Or, he was projecting
He was trying to project his schlong going in and out of something.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:13 PM

281 posts, read 247,367 times
Quote:

Monday is nearly over and I feel perfectly happy. You are right I guess I have something I did not look forward to today, but it turns out not bad. So I am over the lonely feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I'm in an LDR right now and the weekends can be tough! We are both in it for the long run, and will be in the same state together at some point, but it still gets hard.

Hang in there everyone... I'm pulling for all of you to find your happy place
Ha! You are so positive! I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Thank you. I'll be fine. Just been single so long, I liked the change for a bit. I'm rare in my area of not being married, divorced, or with child. When it's all you see and your long-term friend base is doing the relationship thing, you can have a tendency to feel out of place. I'm never made to feel not welcomed though.

Wow, my "relationship" ended a few months ago so I know what you are going through. I am so sorry. It sucks but everything happens for a reason right? Sometimes bad things come so we can appreciate the good things when they do come Hang in there. I am hanging with you.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:16 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Wow, my "relationship" ended a few months ago so I know what you are going through. I am so sorry. It sucks but everything happens for a reason right? Sometimes bad things come so we can appreciate the good things when they do come Hang in there. I am hanging with you.
That's a big NO. It does not.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Becareful you don't mistakingly think people will make you happy.

You definitely don't want to be the clingy girlfriend that whines when the boyfriend goes out with his friends cause you will be lonely.
Thank you for the reminder. I hope I am not clingy. But my love life is pretty interesting. I go awhile being single, with no guys at all in my circle that I am attracted to. And then out of nowhere, 2-3 guys showed up--so I don't act in anyway clingy. But if only they could show up 1 by 1 instead ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I actually felt this last night too.

I'm starting to think this feeling is hardwired by evolution into humans. My hypotheses is that for millions of years our pre-human ancestors (and maybe thousands of years after in humans) had a seasonal mating system. And although we don't really mate seasonally anymore (except maybe some for spring break haha), we still have millions of years of that behavior built up from our past. So when a certain seasonal weather pattern comes along, it automatically triggers this feeling in us and we instinctively feel empty like we should be doing something.
In other words, what we feel missing is this repeated, ancient, seasonal mating behavior pattern we no longer engage in.
But ...but this is not mating season right? Fall or Winter is the mating season? LoL. This actually makes me feel better though...isn't it weird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Someday i will not be lonely but with got to get college done.
Ahh...I would not feel this way if I finish school tooooo

Quote:
Nope. Had a great evening. Kayaked most of the day Saturday. Gardened and ran Sunday. Then some outside beers at a local pub debating baseball trades and what the Celts should do with their draft picks. Avoided the FB offers as it was too nice out and I didn't put the AC in yet. Lovely and relaxing weekend.
Thank you for rubbing it in my face LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Not me. I relaxed by myself all day and it was wonderful. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you're never lonely and it doesn't make you happy all the time if you weren't happy to begin with.

True!!!! I was worse off when I was with my ex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedayisbrave View Post
Right there with you. Missing someone you love and knowing you won't be with them in the near future is the worst feeling, ever. I'm not one for pity parties, but sometimes you just have to let yourself be awash in the raw emotion and just let yourself feel it out. Otherwise, I don't believe you can truly move on.

The past month was the most amazing month of my life. Spent it with a genuinely fantastic guy who went above and beyond to make sure I was treated right and knew how much I meant to him. But we both knew going into it that he was moving for work... on a rotational program... I was open to exploring a LDR but he was not. Despite it all we couldn't stay away from each other. Time ran out, the pesky devil. We were both in 110% until suddenly we weren't. I've been through a lot, and I can honestly say this ranks as probably one of the toughest. Knowing that if circumstances were different, we'd be together no questions asked.

So, yeah... you're not the only lonely one.
Thank you. I am sorry to hear what you are going through Hope you feel better!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am a happy single but Sunday evenings are tough. Especially since I know that everybody else in my street is with their family or at least spouse.

Then I move the doggy over on the couch and watch a chickflick that I couldn't watch if I weren't single

That sounds so calming...maybe i should get my dog and watch a movie. Will do that tonight!

Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
That's a big NO. It does not.

I think it does. Or at least, you can make a reason out of it. I always enjoy and appreciate the moment when I am happy. And always learn from what makes me feel down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships