Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM

226 posts, read 614,545 times

Advertisements

I know I said I wouldn't post on here, but I feel more comfortable on a forum. I really am just sad, mad, depressed, and feeling every negative emotion there is. If you read my bonfire thread, and maybe some other thread, i'm not sure, then you'll know who i'm talking about. I hate how he drifts in and out of my life and leaves me confused. I suffer with depression and anxiety disorder, and when I met him he lifted my depression in a weird way and made me feel normal. I think I clung onto him for that reason. Instead of chasing him and wanting him I think I was just chasing my happiness and I think that is why it's hard for me to fully let go of him cause psychologically it's telling me "You are letting go of something that makes you happy and the only thing that makes you happy" Even though I DON'T like how he posses that much power over me. And I don't know why it's only him that makes me feel normal/ happy and not depressed about my life and where it's going.

But see he is the wrong person, cause he floats in and out of my life. The continuous cycle of him is coming on strong to me to the point where he acts like my boyfriend, and even asking me weird future questions of "us" And he says I am his "Best friend" his "Favorite person" "One of a kind" "Beautiful" and how much he loves me etc. I heard it all and then some. All he does is confess his love for me, and then out of nowhere he disappears and vanishes from my life. Doesn't call or text for weeks to months, and then he'll randomly pop up in my life again and does the same thing of acting all lovey dovey with me. It makes me confused cause then I think "Well if I am your friend then why don't you contact me other wise?" My friends are blaming me and saying "He comes onto you with hope and then you shoot him down, you are a great friend but you are too reserved with your emotions and feelings towards him that he thinks you don't like him anymore than a friend" "You push him away alot in a sense" "You rejected him alot" I understand I did, but I proved how much of a good friend I was to him. I helped him out so many times and I felt a deep connection towards him, but then he pulls the disappearing act and it leaves me feeling abandoned and I have abandonment issues and trust issues. I know I need to cut ties with him. I hate that he does that to me, but I am just so angry, sad, mad and depressed. I hate how he was back in my life 2 weeks ago and I was so happy, and then he vanishes and now I am back to being depressed.

I just don't understand? He literally acts like he's my boyfriend when he sees me, then he vanishes out of nowhere and I don't see him or talk, or text him for weeks to months. How do i let go? It's making me feel so low about myself! Any words of encouragement, advice or opinions are welcomed. Thank you for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Seek professional therapy immediately.You have issues and you need to deal with them with a professional.
The advice you have been given numerous times on this forum from your numerous threads is not going to change with this thread or any other new thread you start.

A lot of your drama is of your own making as well.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:51 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Seek professional therapy immediately.You have issues and you need to deal with them with a professional.
The advice you have been given numerous times on this forum from your numerous threads is not going to change with this thread or any other new thread you start.

A lot of your drama is of your own making as well.
I concur.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:10 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Erotomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 AM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I really feel bad that you have all that stuff to deal with, I suggest you get some professional help, if you do, try not to just jump on the meds look for some other ways to deal with your issues.

It seems like all Docs want to do is cram scripts down our throats... not saying that sometimes it isn't needed, but we're living in a way way over medicated society.

Best luck to you.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:20 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You make the choice to let go and FOLLOW THROUGH on it.

people are great at coming to conclusions and horrible at putting the effort or work required to actually obtain desired results.

Do whatever you feel it takes for you personally to learn the skills needed to make the "follow though" a reality.

Sounds reasonings and choices are not followed up with "buts"
If you find yourself uttering them when overcoming a obsticle in your life, it means you are not trying anymore...it means you have given up and are trying to rationize whatever it is you are trying to take out of your life and allow it back in.

If you are having trouble making heads or tails of a situation seek a third party professional. They can do wonders in giving clarity to what seems like an impossible situation

You have to understand your depression is self induced. Only you have the power in life to make or take it away through action.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Thanks! But I see a Psychologist and I am only diagnosed what I stated in my post. Which is abandonment issues, trust issues, depression and anxiety. I don't have Erotomania. I have seen multiple professionals throughout my life and not one of them diagnosed me with that or any type of personality disorder for that matter.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:29 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
Thanks! But I see a Psychologist and I am only diagnosed what I stated in my post. Which is abandonment issues, trust issues, depression and anxiety. I don't have Erotomania. I have seen multiple professionals throughout my life and not one of them diagnosed me with that or any type of personality disorder for that matter.
I think you're young. We all do stupid things when we're young. Once you grow up a bit you'll get sick of all the drama and decide you can actually take control over your life.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I really feel bad that you have all that stuff to deal with, I suggest you get some professional help, if you do, try not to just jump on the meds look for some other ways to deal with your issues.

It seems like all Docs want to do is cram scripts down our throats... not saying that sometimes it isn't needed, but we're living in a way way over medicated society.

Best luck to you.
Thank you for your support! I am seeing a Psychologist. It's just always better to talk to other people other than your friends about your problems and to get more insight and opinions. I actually don't believe in meds. Cause I know it's my situation that is bothersome, I was told I have situational depression. I just feel so alone in this I guess. Thank you so much!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think you're young. We all do stupid things when we're young. Once you grow up a bit you'll get sick of all the drama and decide you can actually take control over your life.
Yes, I hope it is because of my age. I am 20 years old turning 21 in a couple of months. I think though if he was more cut and dry and concrete, I wouldn't be so confused or have myself in this predicament. By him saying all the nice and right things to me and acting like he's in love with me, cause even my friends joked and said "Wow he acts like he's your boyfriend" So it's not just me that thinks that. Basically he is always declaring his love for me somehow, and I am not saying that in a conceited way or anything it's really how he acts towards me, and then he vanishes and I don't hear from him, and it messes with my head cause I think "Oh so he doesn't like me? Is he playing me?" "Or is it cause I rejected him and he doesn't know what to do cause I don't reciprocate ever to him?" "Is it me or him?" etc. If he cut me out for good then I would just know he doesn't like me and that would be the end of it, but that makes it very emotionally unstable for me that when he does come into my life he acts like he is so in love with me and basically makes me feel like I am the only one, and then to have someone do that and make you feel important and then vanish and disappear form your life, it leaves you confused and sad, cause then you think "Is it him or me?" It would be one thing if he acted normal with me when he saw me, if we just acted like platonic friends, then I don't think it would be as emotionally abusive for me. But I don't know...I guess I just have to keep seeing my Psychologist. Thank you for commenting! Much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships