Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's to bad that you don't consider 100% nonsexual women friends valuable. If you had some, they could show you how to be successful with other women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
It is a sign of desperation, and women will generally be able to read into it.
That's because some people really are desperate, its takes a Hollywood actor to cover up extreme desperation. People tend to get desperate when they go out and start hitting on people only to find their dating pool is REALLY small.

So I guess desperate people have to find other desperate people.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:49 AM

15 posts, read 13,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Your priority should be your education and any other goals you may have at the age of 21. I never fully settled down until about 27 years of age and I'm a female. I was not the typical female looking to marry and have kids like most and I was proposed to by three guys between the ages of 21 and 27. I finally married at 27 years and I must admit I could have waited even longer.

Just be friendly to all women and if you have a great personality that should be easy. Do something kind for a woman so she take notice but just move on without expecting anything. Hang out with a couple of women because they tend to hang out with other women which increases your chances of meeting other women

When you meet women in this manner, you get to look for certain characteristic you like and dislike. Be friendly with them all and charming to them all. Keep you options open at your age and date others until that one that attracts you and you attract her.

Simply, your are trying toooooo hard to be in a relationship...relax SR...relax, it will happen
Hmm, you say you never settled down until 27 but as a guy I literally have zero relationship experience at 21, as in never had sex or even so much as kissed a girl before. When did you get your first relationship?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:09 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickroach View Post
Hmm, you say you never settled down until 27 but as a guy I literally have zero relationship experience at 21, as in never had sex or even so much as kissed a girl before. When did you get your first relationship?
i have never married and i am 55. my first relationship was in my 20s. i think i told you this before, the first thing you have to do is relax. you have to push past the raging hormones you have going on, and not give in to them. also remember that the girls your age are having to constantly deal with guys that are only trying to get into their pants, and nothing more, so you need to stand out as the guy that doesnt pressure women for sex all the time.

you also need to be considerate of their needs as well, above your needs. that too will set you apart from most of the guys your age.

but be confident in yourself and your abilities. learn to listen to what others have to say, and learn how to talk to people, and give them enough information to peak their curiosity, but dont give them too much information. you want any girl you talk to, to come back wanting more from you. you will slowly draw them in, until you are both ready to date.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickroach View Post
Your CLEAN; nothing wrong with that. You will find someone for you and just like you I hope. A woman with too much experience will "turn you out" and you will be with that wrong person regretting every moment. Let me put your mind at ease. Sex is mainly gluteus maximus strength and rhythm/speed in several positions and kissing and...... is having relaxed muscle of the mouth. It is the foreplay that takes patience and skill but not difficult at all either.

I have met guys your age without such experience as yourself. Sometimes I'm surprised at the number of you guys but more so afraid that you guys get with the wrong woman who would use you up.

Don't let the commercialization of sex make you worry or feel inferior...sex sales.... remember that. It sales cars, trucks, videos, TV, music, etc ; all design by a bunch of dirty old men who are oversexed and shooting their "pig in a blanket" at everybody; trying to get everyone to be like them. I think it's tooooo much sex on TV nowadays it degrades the true meaning of "love making" IMHO

Old 07-15-2014, 02:48 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
It may be suited to consider third world foreign gals or mail order brides before if you haven't already become one of the many misogynistic guys blaming feminism for his romantic/sexual failures being bitter that having a job doesn't automatically result in getting the gal you want.

It's odd to me that it seems you think what attracts as a romantic/sexual partner are having a car and a job while being in college. Not only are you seemingly overlooking personality factors such as funny, sensitive, confident, etc that make you who you are but you also seem to think that having what is often seen as the bare minimum should be more than enough.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
It may be suited to consider third world foreign gals or mail order brides before if you haven't already become one of the many misogynistic guys blaming feminism for his romantic/sexual failures being bitter that having a job doesn't automatically result in getting the gal you want.

It's odd to me that it seems you think what attracts as a romantic/sexual partner are having a car and a job while being in college. Not only are you seemingly overlooking personality factors such as funny, sensitive, confident, etc that make you who you are but you also seem to think that having what is often seen as the bare minimum should be more than enough.
But back in the day when women were reliant on men for income, having a job and a car DID matter. Now you have to be handsome/good looking along with a host of other intangebles. Guys just have to learn to settle for women who they would not ordinarily choose to be with so that they can still have regular sex.

But then when men finally settle for these women, these women get upset that they dont want to be second choice or the woman that the guy settled for

I mean women are getting men they would not have had a chance at in the 50's so why are they complaining?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
But back in the day when women were reliant on men for income, having a job and a car DID matter. Now you have to be handsome/good looking along with a host of other intangebles. Guys just have to learn to settle for women who they would not ordinarily choose to be with so that they can still have regular sex.

But then when men finally settle for these women, these women get upset that they dont want to be second choice or the woman that the guy settled for

I mean women are getting men they would not have had a chance at in the 50's so why are they complaining?
If guys want to live on back in the day requirements it may be suited to only think having an income is enough if he can single-handedly finance both of them or their family on it.

Meh guys learning to settle is even grounds to me as gals seemingly have to settle for guys they would not ordinarily choose to be with so that they can still have a committed monogamous relationship leading to a family. Guys seemingly at least get to do such more often with someone they are attracted to.

I'm unsure how you know that women are getting men they would not have had a chance at in the 50's. Do tell how did you total the quality of gals in general to compare to how their chances on how would have done in the 50s? Do also tell did you factor in how in the 50s the guys income most likely financeseverything while in the present it most likely doesn't?

Likely gals are complaining because guys seem to think meeting the bare minimum is more than enough to get the gal of his choosing. A bare minimum that doesn't hold the same value as most likely the guy can't finance them/the family on his income as back in the day stipulated.

Last edited by udolipixie; 07-15-2014 at 06:30 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
If guys want to live on back in the day requirements it may be suited to only think having an income is enough if he can single-handedly finance both of them or their family on it.

Meh guys learning to settle is even grounds to me as gals seemingly have to settle for guys they would not ordinarily choose to be with so that they can still have a committed monogamous relationship leading to a family. Guys seemingly at least get to do such more often with someone they are attracted to.

I'm unsure how you know that women are getting men they would not have had a chance at in the 50's. Do tell how did you total the quality of gals in general to compare to how their chances on how would have done in the 50s?

Likely gals are complaining because guys seem to think meeting the bare minimum is more than enough to get the gal of his choosing.
Thats probably true, but they also complain when they think they might be the girl that he settled for even if he went above and beyond having a job and a car.

Guys wont start a family with a woman they are not attracted too but they will stay with them. I have heard of women settling for men that wont cheat on them but I have heard those relationships can turn south really bad becuase if a woman is not physically attracted the sex can go south really quick. Where as long as a guy is horny he can sleep with a women he is only meh attracted too.

I am guessing that these men complaining about their wives who wont do this or that in bed are much hotter women with less attractive men. If she was with channing tatum I guarentee she would be doing what ever he wanted in bed.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Thats probably true, but they also complain when they think they might be the girl that he settled for even if he went above and beyond having a job and a car.

Guys wont start a family with a woman they are not attracted too but they will stay with them. I have heard of women settling for men that wont cheat on them but I have heard those relationships can turn south really bad becuase if a woman is not physically attracted the sex can go south really quick. Where as long as a guy is horny he can sleep with a women he is only meh attracted too.

I am guessing that these men complaining about their wives who wont do this or that in bed are much hotter women with less attractive men. If she was with channing tatum I guarentee she would be doing what ever he wanted in bed.
I find that the gals who complain about guys thinking meeting the bare minimum is more than enough don't complain about being the gal he settled for. With this 'they also complain' are you taking it as some gals complain about X and some gals complain about Y and seeing it as the same gals generally are complaining about X and Y?

Egh it's not really 'above and beyond' in my opinion to do more than have a job and car. Not in present times where unlike in the past a guy's job generally single-handedly financed them. It was above and beyond in past time when his job was financial survival however now most guys don't have a job that can finance two/a family.

In my opinion it's even grounds on the sex going south really quick in relationship where the gal is not physically attracted considering the sex seems to be already south for gals in regards to orgasms.

Likely the guys complaining about their partner not doing something are with gals who don't get sexual enjoyment/satisfaction from him. I doubt it's solely/mainly looks as likely if she was with a guy who she enjoyed she'd do what ever he wanted in bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships