Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:02 PM

46 posts, read 39,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
It is not about you benefiting from it.

Don't you think your mother should find happiness?
I quite frankly don't care.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:03 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromosexual View Post
I quite frankly don't care.
This is BS. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have walked away from her when she remarried. Obviously, you do care.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, people do get to move on. Everyone deserves happiness. Just because someone had the misfortune of their spouse dying doesn't mean they have to go through the rest of their life without love. Why would you wish that on someone? Or was there no mourning period? Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story than the OP is telling us?

I simply think that most people have a cheap notion of love. The fact that you can replace your spouse baffles me. I would never do that to my wife. There is no deep represses reason it is simply my personal belief. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2014 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This is BS. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have walked away from her when she remarried. Obviously, you do care.
at one point yes I did. Now I don't care for her existence she can enjoy her life and I will enjoy mine. What is the problem with that?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,451,680 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I can't imagine allowing my limited "belief" to create a wall between the person who brought me into this planet and nurtured me.

I could understand if she was abusive towards you or harmful and toxic but the fact that she remarried after your father died is the reason you have cut her off? Am I reading this correctly?

If so what right do you have to judge your mother for wanting companionship in her life after the death of her husband? You will live to regret this and no one with a rational mind would accept you for this.

And you are only living a lie if you say you have no resentment towards her. People just don't up and stop talking to a parent unless they have issues with them. And what kind of person says I just have no use for my mother? What a whacked mindset you have if the only reason you say this is because she married again.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2014 at 09:03 AM..

Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I can't imagine allowing my limited "belief" to create a wall between the person who brought me into this planet and nurtured me.

I could understand if she was abusive towards you or harmful and toxic but the fact that she remarried after your father died is the reason you have cut her off? Am I reading this correctly?

If so what right do you have to judge your mother for wanting companionship in her life after the death of her husband? You will live to regret this and no one with a rational mind would accept you for this.
I don't dwell on it anymore. I just see no reason why I should bother with her. There is nothing to be gained. Hell, if this girl wants to leave fine, I can find some girl who will be happy to have a big house, minivan, 2-3 kids, and a husband who is willing to have sex every day and never ask irrelevant questions.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Quote:
growing up entails sacrificing my beliefs? No thank you. My mom can ride any dude she wants I sincerely don't care. I hope she enjoys her life and I will enjoy mine simple as that.
It's probably pretty likely that the girl you are seeing has got her radar tuned so as to avoid getting into a situation where she's trying to develop a relationship with somebody who harps on who his mom is "banging" and "riding." That fixation is more than a bit disturbing.

Maybe she intuits that you are an angry person, and is appropriately wary.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
I don't dwell on it anymore. I just see no reason why I should bother with her. There is nothing to be gained. Hell, if this girl wants to leave fine, I can find some girl who will be happy to have a big house, minivan, 2-3 kids, and a husband who is willing to have sex every day and never ask irrelevant questions.
But if you have those kids, how much will you love them? Are you gonna kick them out if they get too close to a teacher at school-They should only love and get inspiration from their parents. When they get boyfriends and girlfriends, are you going to disown them too, for discarding you and your wife?

So, that's the thing. You anger and willingness to just kick people out of your life for their own personal decisions would make anyone sane worry. Because you don't handle conflict well, and you're unwilling to at least understand other's beliefs and decisions. You don't have to agree, but why cut them out and hold grudges.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's probably pretty likely that the girl you are seeing has got her radar tuned so as to avoid getting into a situation where she's trying to develop a relationship with somebody who harps on who his mom is "banging" and "riding." That fixation is more than a bit disturbing.

Maybe she intuits that you are an angry person, and is appropriately wary.
Now that we have more info, my guess is that the gf has sensed a red flag.

And btw, OP, using words like "banging' and "riding" does indicate you have some anger toward your mom.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:28 PM

346 posts, read 351,984 times
Three months and she's already making demands? Regardless of the situation with your mother, you don't make a demand like that. And certainly not after just three months. I would dump her if I were you. Because if you cave here, she'll demand other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships