Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Like I said, it's none of her business. .
That's your opinion, not mine, nor most. If the OP wishes to avoid comments, he should not start a thread about the issue.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:17 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromosexual View Post
I can choose who I can have in my life.
As can your girlfriend, and how she will choose is obvious.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:20 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
because you (ultimately) don't meet her ideal family structure and she is thinking about what's to come of her relationship.
She is testing your character as well as showing how mismatched you both are for future life goals in the process.

If she is at the point of ultimatums and you are dead set on never entertaining anything to do with anything, the relationship is already starting down a path to nowhere good.

Like it or lump it ...a mismatch is a mismatch regardless of how well you get along in other areas.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0966 View Post
I find these types of situations interesting. Why is it that the status of a man's relationship with his mother always used as a litmus to how he will treat other women. Yet how women treat their father is never usually even brought up. If a woman were to say to me that she is not close with her father, I would not question her and/or pressure her to have some type of relationship with her father. I would just assume she has good reason for that and leave it at that. She is an adult and her relationship with her father has no bearing on me. Why can't women just accept this from men? To the OP, I would break it off with her and move on. This is likely just a preview of things to come, she more than likely would try to control other aspects of your relationship. Cut the cord and move on.
Seriously? AFAIK, women with daddy issues are the same type of potential liability as guys with mommy issues.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If I'm considering getting serious with someone, or especially marrying them, it does concern me. How they related to everyone, from family and friends, to the waiter/waitress, concerns me. It should.
Agreed. I for one, wouldn't want to be with a sociopath. He treats me ok, even great, but treats everyone else like trash. That's not a divine character trait, and I couldn't look at someone who mistreats and runs over other people without care, and think "Wow, they're so sexy and great."

Not someone I would want to settle down with, eventually, they'll turn some of their sociopath behavior toward me.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0966 View Post
I find these types of situations interesting. Why is it that the status of a man's relationship with his mother always used as a litmus to how he will treat other women. Yet how women treat their father is never usually even brought up. If a woman were to say to me that she is not close with her father, I would not question her and/or pressure her to have some type of relationship with her father. I would just assume she has good reason for that and leave it at that. She is an adult and her relationship with her father has no bearing on me. Why can't women just accept this from men? To the OP, I would break it off with her and move on. This is likely just a preview of things to come, she more than likely would try to control other aspects of your relationship. Cut the cord and move on.
If you don't ask, then you are foolish.
I ask (or observe).
But women tend to have higher standards than men (about job, friends, education, intelligence, etc).
Not a far leap to how they interact with family.

Most men tend only to care how a woman acts towards him and makes him feel.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromosexual View Post
I admitted to this girl I've been seeing for three months that I no longer talk to my mom. I didn't elaborate aside from saying that we had disagreements about some things. I also told her I no longer harbored any animosity towards her, I just have nothing to say to her. My girlfriend is now demanding that I repair my relationship with her or she'll leave. My two questions are why does she care and what should I do?

Why do you have a girlfriend? You said you were as straight as Richard Simmons.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, people do get to move on. Everyone deserves happiness. Just because someone had the misfortune of their spouse dying doesn't mean they have to go through the rest of their life without love. Why would you wish that on someone? Or was there no mourning period? Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story than the OP is telling us?

Why do I get the feeling OP has been here before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships