Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times

Advertisements

Perhaps they sense your desperation as your nine-year-old arbitrary deadline is fast approaching.

If your suicide pact with yourself is serious, then you need to seek help. If instead, it is just a poor joke, I suggest you focus on finding ways to be happy alone before pursuing companionship.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Maybe you wear a brown belt with black shoes and white socks.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
NYC is a terrible dating environment. It's worse for women (I have a friend that is perfectly lovely and has lived there for a decade with no meaningful relationships; another successful and attractive friend moved to SF and has seen a world of difference). However, it's not good for either gender really. I think it's got something to do with so many people packed into such a small area, it's hard to find the right people. There is a certain type of personality that does well there, but a lot of people just fail to thrive socially/romantically there.

What red-flagged me about you was the fact that you in some seriousness said you would kill yourself if you didn't have a girlfriend by 30. Dude, that's just some serious drama queen stuff if you were even halfway serious. Anybody with half an ounce of sense is gonna run at the first whiff of that. And nobody wants to be with someone who isn't happy single - because that means any relationship is going to have the burden of supporting his happiness.

I look at the excuses your friends give you and I'd have to say they're dancing around something else. Because if you were mostly ok, they would be telling you you were fine. Plus, the "can't relate to women" item is a bit weird to me. Do you not have any female friends? I couldn't relate to men - at the age of 21. So I went out and fixed that. Now at least 50% of my friends are male.

Two pages of thread and you haven't said anything about going to a therapist. Maybe it's time to do that.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:32 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
NYC is a terrible dating environment. It's worse for women (I have a friend that is perfectly lovely and has lived there for a decade with no meaningful relationships; another successful and attractive friend moved to SF and has seen a world of difference). However, it's not good for either gender really. I think it's got something to do with so many people packed into such a small area, it's hard to find the right people. There is a certain type of personality that does well there, but a lot of people just fail to thrive socially/romantically there.

What red-flagged me about you was the fact that you in some seriousness said you would kill yourself if you didn't have a girlfriend by 30. Dude, that's just some serious drama queen stuff if you were even halfway serious. Anybody with half an ounce of sense is gonna run at the first whiff of that. And nobody wants to be with someone who isn't happy single - because that means any relationship is going to have the burden of supporting his happiness.

I look at the excuses your friends give you and I'd have to say they're dancing around something else. Because if you were mostly ok, they would be telling you you were fine. Plus, the "can't relate to women" item is a bit weird to me. Do you not have any female friends? I couldn't relate to men - at the age of 21. So I went out and fixed that. Now at least 50% of my friends are male.

Two pages of thread and you haven't said anything about going to a therapist. Maybe it's time to do that.

Pretty much I agree with this 100%. I would also add that even if you are half serious about the killing yourself thing, really, women are just people like you getting by in this world. Why kill yourself over some other random person you don't even know. Learn to love yourself first (which JrzDefector pretty much covers in the post above). See a therapist.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-11-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 06:33 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
No offense, but I think you need some therapy.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:35 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
As someone who has had his share of GF's it ain't all that. Full of ups and downs and some big ups and some big downs. Just another complete rookie thinking a girl will solve all his problems and he will be forever happy. The grass is always greener.

Learn to love yourself, before worrying too much about a GF.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Please don't kill yourself.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:48 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
And there I was, about to tell him to move to Alphabet City because it is infested with hipsters, and his runty little chick (why are they so short?) will be there. She may have bedbugs, but she'll be there.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Killing yourself because you don't have a girlfriend....

Is the struggle of being single this real? Jeez.....you know that is not the answer. You need to work on yourself mentally more than physically right now. Taking yourself out of this world because you don't have a girlfriend. Don't you see how ridiculous that sounds? Forget about having a girlfriend and work on yourself. You have to love yourself before loving anyone else.

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-11-2014 at 08:27 AM..

Old 08-11-2014, 07:55 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac110 View Post
and there i was, about to tell him to move to alphabet city because it is infested with hipsters, and his runty little chick (why are they so short?) will be there. She may have bedbugs, but she'll be there.
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships