Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Dance View Post
Listen everyone, thank you all for taking the time to respond.
I'm sorry if I came off as snotty, I can be a bit of b*tch and a drama queen when I don't get my way.
Anyways, after reading some of these posts, I think it's finally starting to sink in.
I've read some of the responses and reread what i wrote and I've been acting pretty selfish
trying to put the blame on Kevin and this 100% my fault
You're right, I'm an adult, I drank the alcohol, I danced the way I did with Derek

after reading some of the stuff here, I'm starting to understand how it must have made him feel.
I've just never seen him hurt like this before and I'm trying to make it go away,
The truth is, I'm terrified of losing him.

I'm also starting to think this might also have a little something to do with Kevin and Derek
The point is I messed up, I've hurt him and now he won't even talk to me, what am I supposed to do?
Well, this is a good start...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 07:33 PM

64 posts, read 58,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honey, we've all been young and immature, we remember that "point of view" well.

Time for you to see how childish you are behaving.
Yes, I know, I'm starting to get that now
This didn't turn out the way I thought it would
I thought everyone would tell me how right I was and how wrong he was
Turns out I'm the one being silly
I'm just really scared of losing him and I don't know how to fix this
I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my life, but I think I really screwed up this time

thanks for your help and honesty lovesmountains

Old 08-20-2014, 07:33 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if I came off as snotty, I can be a bit of b*tch and a drama queen when I don't get my way.
Anyways, after reading some of these posts, I think it's finally starting to sink in.
I've read some of the responses and reread what i wrote and I've been acting pretty selfish
You're right, I'm an adult, I drank the alcohol, I danced the way I did with Derek

after reading some of the stuff here, I'm starting to understand how it must have made him feel.
I've just never seen him hurt like this before and I'm trying to make it go away,

I'm also starting to think this might also have a little something to do with Kevin and Derek
The point is I messed up, I've hurt him and now he won't even talk to me, what am I supposed to do?
Please do not be a b*tch and a drama queen when you do not get your way.

That behavior has got to go... now.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:

You hit his pride hard honey.

What you "do" is tell him what you just wrote above and then very sincerely apologize for your actions.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
See what happens when you drink too much? Turn down the beer.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:

You find a way to get in touch, in person, and you let him know that you really are sorry about your actions that night and that you shouldn't have said those things about his feelings.

But it has to be truthful and from the heart.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
Quote:
snugglegirl...
I just wanted my man to fight for me, claim his territory, that's all
when he left it just seemed like he didn't care
3 days later he's still not talking to me or Derek

everybody thinks I'm this horrible person who doesn't get it...I DO!!!
I do love my fiance and I do respect his feelings
But i'm not a big drinker and he knows that, yes I am to blame, but he's supposed to protect me
I know what I did was wrong, how many times do I need to say I'M SORRY!!!
I have read several of your posts on this thread that seem to indicate that what you really wanted and expected was for Kevin to come out onto the floor and start a fight with his best friend. So were you doing this intentionally to try to get the two of them to have a falling out over you because you don't like Kevin's friend? Or maybe since you were really enjoying being the center of attention, you wanted to have the spectators view you as a prize that two men were fighting over?

You can't have it both ways. Either you were just having a good time dancing and you were sober enough to know that you weren't going to take it to another level, or you were so drunk you couldn't be expected to know what you were doing and needed protection. Which was it?

Maybe Kevin just wanted to see what you were going to do if he didn't step in, and after a while, he had seen enough.

Kevin needs two things:
1) A new best friend
2) A new woman

Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know, I'm starting to get that now
This didn't turn out the way I thought it would
I thought everyone would tell me how right I was and how wrong he was
Turns out I'm the one being silly
I'm just really scared of losing him and I don't know how to fix this
I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my life, but I think I really screwed up this time

thanks for your help and honesty lovesmountains
hey, that's why I hang out here, to help

I'm really glad to see your willingness to learn some things from the folks here who are all really trying to help you!

Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Please do not be a b*tch and a drama queen when you do not get your way.

That behavior has got to go... now.
okay I'll try, thank you snugglegirl

Old 08-20-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You find a way to get in touch, in person, and you let him know that you really are sorry about your actions that night and that you shouldn't have said those things about his feelings.

But it has to be truthful and from the heart.

someone told me earlier to give him some space and time
should I try writing him a letter or go see him in person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships