Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have to drink Orange Juice that has Calcium added to it otherwise I have heartburn for a week from one small glass.
It is quite irritating in more ways than one.

For me I really didn't start cooking until I was almost 40 and I taught myself to cook everything even though my Grandmother was a great cook and my Mother was pretty good as well, neither of them allowed anyone in the kitchen when they were cooking.
It's funny, I remember when I was little, I had this little kids' cookbook. Recipes for making hamburgers, etc. I thought it was so fun. But I guess I forgot about it.

Then, when I was 20-ish, long story short, I had to start cooking for my family. Again, I got into cookbooks and making these elaborate meals, again, forgot about it.

Then I was living alone and didn't think about it.

Once I got with Chow, I got back into it and now realize how much I really love it. You gotta eat anyway, and it's so nice to make something, out of, sort of, nothing, and please someone else (and yourself) with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I'm pretty easy when it comes to food, too. I've never had an interest in cooking. I've always seen it as a chore that I just don't feel like doing.

I still remember the day almost two years ago that I binged on Christmas cookies at work. Holy buckets was I a BEEYOTCH that night! Luckily SD was working, because things would have been ugly. The smallest things set me off and I just snapped. It was not pleasant. I try to remember that when I'm tempted to stuff my face with sugar.
Lol...

Old 11-08-2014, 10:12 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel your pain Mags... I'm going to have to do 2 days of early shifts next week then a couple of night shifts and then an early day shift on Friday... I normally never have to do this kind of shyt.. but we're working at a school district and have to work around the little darlings schedules... otherwise I'd tell them to put that shift work in their ****ing pipes and smoke that damn ****... LOL...

Ugh....that sucks. I want to tell my boss to put this schedule in a bong, never mind a pipe. lol

Old 11-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
It's funny, I remember when I was little, I had this little kids' cookbook. Recipes for making hamburgers, etc. I thought it was so fun. But I guess I forgot about it.

Then, when I was 20-ish, long story short, I had to start cooking for my family. Again, I got into cookbooks and making these elaborate meals, again, forgot about it.

Then I was living alone and didn't think about it.

Once I got with Chow, I got back into it and now realize how much I really love it. You gotta eat anyway, and it's so nice to make something, out of, sort of, nothing, and please someone else (and yourself) with it.

Lol...

I've never really gone with recipes to much at all. Of course, 95% of what I do is on the BBQ, rain, snow or shine. lol

Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I've never really gone with recipes to much at all. Of course, 95% of what I do is on the BBQ, rain, snow or shine. lol
I want to know what your sides are.

EDIT: Or do you have any? lol

Old 11-08-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I want to know what your sides are.

EDIT: Or do you have any? lol

Well, sometimes it'll be just a steak. lol

But I usually like to make a salad, and potatoes. Mashed or baked.....either way, they'll have lots of butter, sour cream, and pepper on them. Or maybe some "Sidekicks"(noodles). Or chicken "Mr. Noodle", except I drain out all the broth and just put them on the side.

That's generally about it though. I'm really just a simple meat n potatoes guy. lol

Old 11-08-2014, 10:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Oh balls. I'm about out of whiskey .

I think I've figured out what the next step is for me as far as career. The point was drove home to me this week.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Well, sometimes it'll be just a steak. lol

But I usually like to make a salad, and potatoes. Mashed or baked.....either way, they'll have lots of butter, sour cream, and pepper on them. Or maybe some "Sidekicks"(noodles). Or chicken "Mr. Noodle", except I drain out all the broth and just put them on the side.

That's generally about it though. I'm really just a simple meat n potatoes guy. lol
That's all yummy and everything. But this is my concern, and I'm not surprised at all, lol, but put more veg/fruit into it! Just do it for me.

Don't make me fly over there...

Old 11-08-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

I think I've figured out what the next step is for me as far as career. The point was drove home to me this week.
What was that, SD?

Old 11-08-2014, 11:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
What was that, SD?
Further into what I am currently doing.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

Whiskey sampler?

Quote:
That's all yummy and everything. But this is my concern, and I'm not surprised at all, lol, but put more veg/fruit into it! Just do it for me.

Don't make me fly over there...

f-f-f-f-.......f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-ru-u-u-u-u-. F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-......ruit?? With my meat?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships