Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 11:36 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,220,264 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the rant guys, I apologize for the inconvinience caused. But young =\= dumb, perhaps immature or inexperienced is a better description.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-21-2014 at 11:57 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 11:37 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
No need to apologize Adi, everyone rants and it isn't inconvient, it is part of being human.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM

I think most everyone has wandered off to have lunch or get back to work and I just got off the phone with Mr. CSD and I am going to get dressed and head off to my local quilt shop and see if I can get some help.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM

36,571 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Well, I think I am going to shake out the evil quilt with the evil binding issue and fold it up and go to one of my local quilt shops and ask them how to fix this mess.
Can you just take it off and start over on the binding? or take out about an inch of stitches at each of the ends of the 4 sections, cut a filler piece, sew it to the ends to form a continuous binding?

Old 11-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Can you just take it off and start over on the binding? or take out about an inch of stitches at each of the ends of the 4 sections, cut a filler piece, sew it to the ends to form a continuous binding?

I cannot honestly answer your question because I am not knowledgeable enough about sewing and quilting. This is my very first quilt and I can only hope I got all of my big mistakes out of the way on this one and the rest go a wee bit smoother.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:52 AM

19,432 posts, read 15,264,990 times
Quote:
I think most everyone has wandered off to have lunch or get back to work and I just got off the phone with Mr. CSD and I am going to get dressed and head off to my local quilt shop and see if I can get some help.
Or shower.

Good luck with your quilt, CSD.

And, Adi, I'm not quite sure I've yet grown out of my young-and-dumb stage, lol.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:39 PM

36,571 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
I cannot honestly answer your question because I am not knowledgeable enough about sewing and quilting. This is my very first quilt and I can only hope I got all of my big mistakes out of the way on this one and the rest go a wee bit smoother.
Wish I could help you. I'm sure someone at your quilt shop can though. Good luck.
I'm trying to get one finished for a co-worker who is due in February. Since the grandkids moved in I haven't had much time to sew and I keep having problems with my machine. My sister's (the one that passed away) husband brought her sewing machine down a couple weeks ago for me but every time I sit down to sew at it I tear up. Its been almost 3 years now since she passed, I guess I'm just a big wuss.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:44 PM

19,432 posts, read 15,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wish I could help you. I'm sure someone at your quilt shop can though. Good luck.
I'm trying to get one finished for a co-worker who is due in February. Since the grandkids moved in I haven't had much time to sew and I keep having problems with my machine. My sister's (the one that passed away) husband brought her sewing machine down a couple weeks ago for me but every time I sit down to sew at it I tear up. Its been almost 3 years now since she passed, I guess I'm just a big wuss.
No, that's completely understandable, 2mares. I'm sorry about your sister.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
I took the day off from work, have a few vacation days I would like to try and use up before the end of the yr.

Got 3 more left to squeeze out.

I'm gonna get an extra week this next coming yr. Will be up to 4 weeks... which is awesome.

Americans and the Japanese I think it is, are the ones that work the hardest in the world. In Europe 6 weeks vacation is pretty standard.

I don't always look to Europe for how we should live, but I could get down with a mandatory 6 weeks of vacation... plus all of the holidays.

Any day I'm not at work is a good day.

My dad has been retired for about 6 months now and he's getting grouchy from not doing anything.

I'm like F that... I could easily see myself retired..... I'd probably work part time if I wanted to and was physically able too.

Go work at a place like Best buy or some other electronics retailer, I could talk about TV's and computers and the like.

Show up 2 or 3 days a week, work maybe 6 hrs or so a day....

Even if I didn't work, I could find ways to not long for work. I've been burned out at my job for a while now and not sure what to do next... the older you get the harder it is to shift gears and do something completely new, the serious pay cut that would most likely happen plus it gets harder to learn new things as we get older... I guess the whole stuck in your ways thing.

I was looking at a program for a new career and it was a training program it would like 4 night a week 5 hours a night, classes start at 5 and go to 10 at night... I just couldn't physically go to a full time job and then do those kind of school hours... I did that crap when I was in my low 20's... but I don't think I could hang now... my heart sort of sank at the thought of being stuck where I am.

That being said... the positive is that I have a job that I can go to any major metro area and find work, it is something that I can for the most part, always fall back on and earn a good living.

So I should be thankful, I suppose... you hear about so many people in their 50's and beyond that get laid off or fired, for whatever reasons and they can't find work...

There is a age discrimination and I can totally see it... I'm only mid 40's but I sometimes wonder if I might affect me.

They can pay some kid out of college a lot less money... but on the flip side, they don't have the experience and that can cost a company too... so I suppose it might pan out.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
hopefully this stuff heals the skin on my hands. My hands get super dry when the season changes to cold weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships