Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Reminds me of the trip to Shenandoah valley. I took Amtrak and rented a car from lynchburg for comfort sakes.
That's another area I'd love to see! It's so annoying. I'm only working part time right now, so I have plenty of time to travel, just no money for it. LOL

Old 09-20-2014, 09:56 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
To the left, you've got One Atlantic center.

To the right is the 4 seasons hotel.

The weird Arch shaped building is a law firm specializing in international law.

Here is a virtual Tour:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7840...2e0!3e18?hl=en
LOL, we've been having a lot of fun with someone lately with "street view." Lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
It was a great day. There's another, bigger waterfall that you can hike down to, but the trail had so much damage from the blizzard last year that it was closed and we couldn't get to the waterfall. We could have gone the other way, but we were too lazy. LOL
Lol...

Old 09-20-2014, 09:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I use the street view a lot when I am looking at property, very telling when it comes to some neighborhoods, except when the satellite catches everyone on a good day and all the lawns are mowed and junk put away or hidden under camouflage nets..

Old 09-20-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I use the street view a lot when I am looking at property, very telling when it comes to some neighborhoods, except when the satellite catches everyone on a good day and all the lawns are mowed and junk put away or hidden under camouflage nets..
Exactly. Chow uses it all the time. He even said, you can tell so much more about the surrounding area that way that you would never know otherwise. Very useful.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I'm actively looking at properties to try and get the hell out of LA and when I look at neighborhoods I use google street view to get an idea...

It's great cause if you were looking for properties you could just do a quick canvas of the neighborhood to decide if you even want to even look at a property...

A property can look good in Zillow or whatever, but the street view doesn't lie...

Old 09-20-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm actively looking at properties to try and get the hell out of LA and when I look at neighborhoods I use google street view to get an idea...

It's great cause if you were looking for properties you could just do a quick canvas of the neighborhood to decide if you even want to even look at a property...

A property can look good in Zillow or whatever, but the street view doesn't lie...

We looked at a property once and the house was cute, very unique as far as the physical part of the home, the property looked good on zillow, cute colors, sort of fairy tale whimsical.
We drove 4+ hours to go see this home and they could not have paid me to live there, we didn't even wait for the realtor to get there and look inside.

The 7 vehicles, 23 cats (that I could see) and the curse enough to make a trucker blush old woman in the motorized scooter across the street did me in.
It was worse than a bar room brawl and I am usually quite entertained by those.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
We looked at a property once and the house was cute, very unique as far as the physical part of the home, the property looked good on zillow, cute colors, sort of fairy tale whimsical.
We drove 4+ hours to go see this home and they could not have paid me to live there, we didn't even wait for the realtor to get there and look inside.

The 7 vehicles, 23 cats (that I could see) and the curse enough to make a trucker blush old woman in the motorized scooter across the street did me in.
It was worse than a bar room brawl and I am usually quite entertained by those.
Yeah, at least google streetview helps.

We looked at some homes years ago in phoenix, long before google streetview and I was shocked at some of the crap you saw outside of the pics that were in the home listing.

Google streeview has been a awesome in that respect... it has allowed us to just totally write off crappy stuff that looks good on paper.....

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 AM

Adi, it really looks very nice...

Old 09-21-2014, 05:51 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Adi, it really looks very nice...
YUP, but my parents pay an arm and leg for me to live in such a lovely place. Worth it though, much better than cheap housing in a dangerous hood where I have to live in fear. At least its a lot cheaper than on campus rent.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 09-21-2014 at 06:15 AM..

Old 09-21-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
YUP, but my parents pay an arm and leg for me to live in such a lovely place. Worth it though, much better than cheap housing in a dangerous hood where I have to live in fear. At least its a lot cheaper than on campus rent.
The photos are great and some of my favorite photos are of a city at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.