Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm AMAZED by the number of people that aren't kissing on the first date. The concept of not doing so seems so ridiculous to me, I can barely imagine it. It's an instant write off in my mind; whether justified or not, I'd write her off as a prude and move on. I know that's not the most civil way to go about it, but if we went on a date and she wasn't open to a peck on the lips, we're going to have problems down the road anyway. There wouldn't be a second date, which is probably just as good for her as it is for me.
When I was doing OLD, I had 5-10 first dates per week for several months. That would be quite a lot of kissing strangers.

Of course, what you and other regulars here know about me is that I am at the extreme end of the sex-positive and high-sex-drive spectrums, and that I have been repeatedly suspended from the forum (that sounds so kinky) for being too comfortable with sexuality.

Quote:
But if I like her, I'm kissing her. If she's not ok with that, next.
I predict that your mind will be blown by the awesomeness of sex with someone who is an enthusiastic participant, not just 'letting you have sex on her' if you make room in your life for such a relationship. But that would mean waiting until she wants the kiss, and is not simply tolerating it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
But at least we all now know what balut is .
Yes we can thank hawaiiancoconut for this.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Dude are you effing kidding me? No kissing the first few dates? Kissing first date, groping second date, score third date, and we can totally move this all up to the first date if needed. Some VERY prude people in this thread, or maybe I am in a different part of the country?
Calm down.

Not everyone goes by this "schedule". Let people go about dating how they want....and you can do the same. I don't see a problem with how they approach dating.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
I too am amazed how many people here have set rules! I don't, I play it by ear.

What if you have amazing chemistry with someone on the first date, sure thats rare but it can happen. Its happened to me once in my life.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM

34,094 posts, read 83,020,975 times
Quote:
When I was doing OLD, I had 5-10 first dates per week for several months.
1) How about first "meets"?
2) That's way way too many... you need to discriminate more in the set up.
Meeting five new people in a month is a LOT. That's a fresh newbie every day.

Quote:
...I am at the extreme end of the sex-positive and high-sex-drive spectrums...
Regardless. That 5-10 per week is more like like sex addiction than sex positive.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
1) How about first "meets"?
2) That's way way too many... you need to discriminate more in the set up.
It's important to me that I conduct my dating life in the way that works for you, not for me .

Quote:
Regardless. That 5-10 per week is more like like sex addiction than sex positive.
Lol. I just said I did not kiss them -- but now you think I had sex with them?!?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,847,321 times
Quote:
What is y'all's experience? If there is no kiss do you think that is a bad sign?
If I'm really into the guy, I'll let him kiss me. But if I'm on the fence about him at all, I'll just peck him on the cheek when I say good night and that's that. There was one guy who got very fussy about that, and he never heard from me again.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM

34,094 posts, read 83,020,975 times
Quote:
It's important to me that I conduct my dating life in the way that works for you, not for me
I agree

Quote:
I just said I did not kiss them...
Just saying hello to one newbie a day is too much to keep track of.
---
Whether it applies to you or not...
the whole point of for the OLD approach is to filter out all the also-ran's
before agreeing to take time to meet the few who have real potential.

If you were doing even a token amount of that filtering...
how many more could you have seen each month?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
I hear kids these days are making eye contact on the first date. What happened to civil society?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Just saying hello to one newbie a day is too much to keep track of.
---
Whether it applies to you or not...
the whole point of for the OLD approach is to filter out all the also-ran's
before agreeing to take time to meet the few who have real potential.

If you were doing even a token amount of that filtering...
how many more could you have seen each month?
I filtered out most of them in email. The one a day were the 1% that had potential.

Two a day, that was too many for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships