Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:28 PM

29 posts, read 187,033 times

Advertisements

I am friendly but a little bit shy kind of woman, married and there is no problem in my marriage.
I just got hired a couple months a go. As a new comer, it is normal to make effort to get to know co-worker. I'd say hi to everyone. Smile. Asking them hows it goin etc.

And there is one guy from other dept. First it was just like everyone else, a nice friendly gesture at first, saying hi or asking hows going to each other, smiling and exchange name, asking what dept. we work for and what we do, a friendly banter, a small talk. , but later I found that we kinda click and bump into each other more (or making an effort). His office is located at the other side where he has to always pass by the hall where I would be near there working most of the time. Later on, I kinda feel there is a connection and perhaps some attraction.
There was eye locking, body language ,blushing and more and bigger smiles. A warm heart feeling ,kind of.

One day my husband had to pick me up at work. The next day, I was stunned by him confronting me with questions. He asked me: Hey! Who you were with at the that day? How long have you been together? Oh! good huh! Congratulations!! Direct and brief, I asked him why all these questions but he did not give me an answer. He just then left.

(There is more story but I need answer for this part first. Its get more complicated. )

What you guys think about him. Why he acted that way, Whats going on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Ask him what is going on, he is the only one who knows why he asked all the questions.

Your personal life is really none of his business so I would not even venture to guess what his motivation is/was.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,997 times
My question is why is it that you can seemingly with relative ease start getting the warm and fuzzy feeling for a co-worker - if there's no problems in your marriage?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:56 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawna777 View Post
What you guys think about him. Why he acted that way, Whats going on here?
What's going on with him? He's trying to see if he can get into your pants.

What's going on with you? You seem willing to let him try.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:28 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,761,382 times
For you to make a post about this obviously means you dig this dude and like the fact he is flirting with you. Nothing wrong with a little flirting, but it sounds like you might want more.
Btw, you already know what's going on. I don't think you really need to ask.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:42 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Yet another grown woman with the thought process of a 12 year old on here.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
And what is with all the stories lately about guys "blushing" as signs of attraction? Are we talking about middle school here??

Madam, MAYBE this guy has taken your friendliness for flirting. As a married woman, it is YOUR JOB to make it clear that you are not going to reciprocate.

Back off with him.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
And what is with all the stories lately about guys "blushing" as signs of attraction? Are we talking about middle school here??

Madam, MAYBE this guy has taken your friendliness for flirting. As a married woman, it is YOUR JOB to make it clear that you are not going to reciprocate.

Back off with him.
^^^^^ this.

I am married.

A guy my age range tried to come on to me earlier this week. Both of us are students at a community college. Both of us were in the computer lab inside the library. I was using one of the computers when he sat down next to me. He asked me if I was in one of his classes last semester, which I was not. That was his opening line. So I said to him "which class?" The answer he gave me was clearly wrong since he was not in the only class I took last semester.

I had to let him know that I was not interested.

I did not respond to his question the way he wanted me to.

My response to his question was no. I then continued using the computer.

He left me alone.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:43 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
It doesn't matter what is going on. You are married. Who cares?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
What's going on with him? He's trying to see if he can get into your pants.

What's going on with you? You seem willing to let him try.
This! Jeezus cripes.

Is this the woman with the holey underwear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships