Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 10:15 AM

388 posts, read 328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
I don't have strong feelings of dislike for anyone, life is too short. But I must admit that those that constantly spout righteousness and pepper their speech with out-of-context references to the lord kind of creep me out.
I agree. I don't hate anyone on here. I find it hilarious when someone gets upset over what they read by anonymous internet posters on a message board. Seriously. People need to settle down and take a pill or five.

However, there are a few things that really do bother me. One is (as you mentioned) the lord reference. I wish people would keep their creepy religious beliefs to themselves, but they always manage to sneak it into their posts. The other thing that irks me is blatant racism. There is no place for truly ignorant folks in today's society. Joking and stereotyping is one thing, but real racism is sick. I've seen a lot of racist people get away with racism by using the "illegal alien" argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 10:26 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Nah. I think goldenmom & I were joking around and she said something about "what stays in menver..." so I mentioned the south thing.
Um, yeah, just a reference to the Vegas ads, but it looks like ptsum might know the origin of the Vegas ads, and who knows the inspiration for the song, right?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Thanks Cecillia, been doing the DM with her also, oh by the way I never mentioned that my favorite flowers are the Cherokee Rose and the Wild Irish Rose, both are very beautiful flowers.
Ah, so you and Nico finally got that "room". What happens in your room, stays in your room

Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
hay nico, I just got a new CD today by Gladys Knight and the Pips,and we're supposed to have some real cold weather up here tonight,but don't worry my pips won't freeze. Happy New Year to you gal

Old 12-31-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Um, yeah, just a reference to the Vegas ads, but it looks like ptsum might know the origin of the Vegas ads, and who knows the inspiration for the song, right?
Absolutely

Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
hay nico, I just got a new CD today by Gladys Knight and the Pips,and we're supposed to have some real cold weather up here tonight,but don't worry my pips won't freeze. Happy New Year to you gal
She and I were making some jokes about your pips yesterday, but they weren't PG-13. Thank heavens we found a new word, yaya needed a break, don't yaya think?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Ah, so you and Nico finally got that "room". What happens in your room, stays in your room
now you'll know a Southern gentleman never tells

Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM

388 posts, read 328,605 times
And Nico had me thinking I was the only one, but in reality, I was just another sausage. I feel so used!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
She and I were making some jokes about your pips yesterday, but they weren't PG-13. Thank heavens we found a new word, yaya needed a break, don't yaya think?
and to think I didn't know you'll cared that much about little ole me, I'm flattered you care about my pips, and yaya on the break.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
And Nico had me thinking I was the only one, but in reality, I was just another sausage. I feel so used!
She told me she thinks you're a pip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships