Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 AM

103 posts, read 91,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
All that really says is that you're not all that noticeable or attractive in day-to-day life. Unless she sees you in a parking lot standing next to your car, the vast majority of the times that you'll be around a woman, she'll have no idea what kind of car you drive. If you're making no impression on the women you see all around you every day outside of your car, that's on you.
Thanks for telling me something I already know and I found this out when I was pretty young and I don't know why it would change now. For me to do what you said I would have to become some one im not and I don't play that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 10:38 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So true. And that the focus is on thinking they need to acquire material things to magically change their lives, when most of the time, it's their character and personality that is limiting them.
This thread indicates to me that advertising departments across the world have won in polluting people's minds about what equates to self-worth.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Maybe it was your winning personality that repelled them. And now perhaps they just like to be seen next to or inside your car and can deal with the personality as form of compensation.
Thats exactly my point because I can't stand phonies.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
Thats nice to hear but the truth is some men aren't going to get any attention from women unless they have money I would like to believe otherwise but the only way that will happen is if I go broke or make it look like I am. That would probably backfire on me then I would see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
I was a mortgage broker, and invested all my money in venture capital stuff that fell apart with the economy, I was broker than most people can imagine, I worked 2 or 3 jobs just trying to survive. I went from living in a nice big house and driving a new luxury car to living in a 1200 sq ft townhome and driving a 1500 car. Yet I still had women hitting on me, all because the way I carried myself, because I was able to talk to them without stumbling all over myself, I have always had the ability to talk to people and make them feel everything will work out, and I can make people laugh and have a good time. I look much worse than I used to, I have less money than I used to, but I get hit on by women from the age of 22 up to a women in her 50s. And reality is that I am pretty oblivious to most flirting and being hit on, so they have to hit on me pretty hard for me to even realize what is happening.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Thats exactly my point because I can't stand phonies.
You can't stand phonies, yet you admittedly take in women who only like you for your material possessions?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM

18 posts, read 14,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I would tell him to have a conversation with her. Ask her exactly why she seemed to have doubts about this relationship. After all, she is the one who doesn't want to marry to him, no? So his six figure income obviously is not that attractive in her eyes.

I know this is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of men here, but bolded perhaps just show that she wants a little bit more attention from him. She perhaps just wants to spend more time with him. Not necessarily means she wants more money.

Here in California, there are a lot of men and women my age (late 20s to early 30s) make six figure income, many of them (us) struggle with relationship issues just like everybody else does.
I doubt that's the case she wants to spend more time. She doesn't pay for ANY of it or contributes into ANYTHING they have together. To me it sounded like entitlement issue. They go on 2 vacations year, he takes her out every weekend to eat at nice restaurants. All those things mentioned cost significant amount of money. She think he's not generous enough even with all of these things.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkraut View Post
I doubt that's the case she wants to spend more time. She doesn't pay for ANY of it or contributes into ANYTHING they have together. To me it sounded like entitlement issue. They go on 2 vacations year, he takes her out every weekend to eat at nice restaurants. All those things mentioned cost significant amount of money. She think he's not generous enough even with all of these things.
Okay.

She does seem to have entitlement issue then.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You can't stand phonies, yet you admittedly take in women who only like you for your material possessions?
You didn't read my posts because if you did you would have seen where I said I don't trust any women thats attracted to me because it never happened before I had money.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
You didn't read my posts because if you did you would have seen where I said I don't trust any women thats attracted to me because it never happened before I had money.
Ok. That's a wise move then.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Ok. That's a wise move then.
Thanks at this point im just trying to live my life the best way I can. It doesn't help that I like to spend some money on myself but I worked for it and I might as well enjoy it because I have no one but myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships