Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 12:05 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times

Advertisements

The fact still remains that no matter how much money you have, what your position in life is, if you are famous, or have a car collection that is worth billions of dollars.
You are still YOU and that is the part that is attractive or not to most women.
Until you, yourself have the qualities that women want no amount of anything else is going to improve your dating/relationship life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
For instance, there is this girl I know. She comes from a very well-to-do Jewish family who has a pretty big presence in the area I live in now. She probably could have had just about any successful guy in town solely due to her family's status and wealth. But guess what? She wanted to be with little 'ol me from the wrong side of the tracks. I came from nothing. I make good money now, but I'm not what I'd consider wealthy. Why would she come after me when she would, according to you, go for the best that she could get? Apparently she liked me for my other endearing qualities though. It most certainly was not my check book.
I can see why. Her best is not money obviously. Her best is you plain and simple.

I will take a Marine over a doctor any day. Everybody's best is different.

19,435 posts, read 15,271,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Yeah, I get it, and people do tend to strive for the best they can get. But doing the best they can isn't on a sliding scale from $ to $$$. It's about finding what makes them happy. For some people, that's money. For others, it's a whole list of other factors. For instance, there is this girl I know. She comes from a very well-to-do Jewish family who has a pretty big presence in the area I live in now. She probably could have had just about any successful guy in town solely due to her family's status and wealth. But guess what? She wanted to be with little 'ol me from the wrong side of the tracks. I came from nothing. I make good money now, but I'm not what I'd consider wealthy. Why would she come after me when she would, according to you, go for the best that she could get? Apparently she liked me for my other endearing qualities though. It most certainly was not my check book.

Your attitude kind of reminds me of my friends back in my blue-collar hometown. It's that hood-rich mentality you're subscribing to (I bet you listen to a lot of hip hop, right? don't worry; I do, too ). Like my friends, you seem to be stuck on the idea that material wealth and status symbols define you as a person. To give you a better idea of what I mean, I have friends back home driving around $40k leased cars when they're only making no more than $35k/yr and they live at home or with roommates. They have the same mentality that this is what's going to bring in the ladies (or the guys), and yet, most of them are still single.

For me, it's all about how I feel about, and with, him.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can see why. Her best is not money obviously. Her best is you plain and simple.

I will take a Marine over a doctor any day. Everybody's best is different.
And I will take t-shirts and jeans over a suit any day.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
oh man never mind, it'll take all night to try and explain this to you and even then you probably won't get or realize it's a generalization and true for the most part.. I'm going to sleep.
I completely understand what you're saying. I'm just telling you that I don't think it's as prevalent as you're making it out to be. Maybe in your world. But not in the world I live in now. Back when I was living in my old hometown, it was much more prevalent. It was that blue-collar hood-mentality. The term they used to use was "hood-rich" to describe being well-to-do while on welfare. Those people truly believed it was the material goods and status symbols that defined them as a person and attracted other people to them. It's an entire culture, and I'm guessing one that you've been brought up in yourself.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
And I will take t-shirts and jeans over a suit any day.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:10 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly. With her and I, it had nothing to do with money. We just connected well intellectually and we had a great time spent with one another.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:24 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,127,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Personality matters a lot.... big time...
Yep.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:08 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,235,966 times
WTF is wrong with suits? A nice wool coat is pretty nice in the winter.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
WTF is wrong with suits? A nice wool coat is pretty nice in the winter.
Nothing at all... for people who like suits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships