Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:32 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times

Advertisements

"They used to say I was ugly and wouldn't touch me"-Jay Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:33 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"They used to say I was ugly and wouldn't touch me"-Jay Z
Jay z best be lucky he's got those greenbacks as he's probably one of the most unattractive dudes I've ever seen.... not to be harsh... but it is what it is....

Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 PM

814 posts, read 760,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Yes, looks are the most important. They get you farther in life (and the dating world) than anything else. Good-looking people are playing life on "Easy Mode", as the saying goes. If you're good-looking, you will have no problem getting a high-paying job, making friends, being perceived as funny, etc. Looks are the real force multiplier in the dating world.
Maybe I should start wearing makeup.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Jay z best be lucky he's got those greenbacks as he's probably one of the most unattractive dudes I've ever seen.... not to be harsh... but it is what it is....
I'll never forget in 98 the first album I bought was a Jay Z album(Volume 2 Hard Knock life) and my mom saw the cover and said "who the hell is that ugly guy On the front ?"

Old 10-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think this new guy has taken that throne from jay z
Attached Thumbnails
Men, if you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?-img-trinidad-james-1_162147234899.jpg  

Old 10-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'll never forget in 98 the first album I bought was a Jay Z album(Volume 2 Hard Knock life) and my mom saw the cover and said "who the hell is that ugly guy On the front ?"

Yeah but, 99 problems and a ain't one.......

Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Don't forget that money and status are things that CAN be achieved, so there's nothing holding anyone back regardless of their excuses.

While you're at it, you can get a great physique and good teeth.

Those things all help but they aren't dealbreakers. If you're some weirdo, creep, or your personality just sucks, it still wont help.

I'll bet my paycheck that a 7 with a great personality and is comfortable and truly KNOWS women and how to attract them, yet makes 50k a year, will do 10000x better than a doctor who's a 7 and makes 150k/yr, yet is awkward, uncomfortable to be around, and knows nothing about attracting women..

Old 10-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Don't forget that money and status are things that CAN be achieved, so there's nothing holding anyone back regardless of their excuses.

While you're at it, you can get a great physique and good teeth.

Those things all help but they aren't dealbreakers. If you're some weirdo, creep, or your personality just sucks, it still wont help.

I'll bet my paycheck that a 7 with a great personality and is comfortable and truly KNOWS women and how to attract them, yet makes 50k a year, will do 10000x better than a doctor who's a 7 and makes 150k/yr, yet is awkward, uncomfortable to be around, and knows nothing about attracting women..
I've been pretty much echoing this through out this thread.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Truth right here!^^^^^
Hit that gym dude, hard as you can! lol

Also certain haircuts, stubble beards, can make the face look better.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I personally feel like this topic discussion did nothing else than promote chest beating, machismo, bravado...you name it.
I agree with you.

I have always been told women need beauty to attract men. (I still believe so honestly)

I've done some research about the Beatles and what still puzzles me is the relationship between John Lennon and Yoko Ono. I mean Yoko Ono was not a classic beauty. She got no talents and somebody blamed her for breaking up the Beatles because she was manipulative and was kind of sneaky. But she got John Lennon's heart, soul and body.

My sister and I had different taste in men. She likes bookworms and I like the tall, incredibly handsome, military type. When I was 13, I had a crush on her then boyfriend. I honestly believe that guy was like God. He was EVERYBODY"s type. Not only was he handsome, he was also incredibly kind, genuine. He is one of the reason I know that I will always be a straight woman because men are just beautiful creatures.

There were a lot of women who were interested in him were way prettier than my sis and I am not going to lie. That guy still chose my sister and stayed with her for years. He stayed faithful and maybe this is one of the reason, I told myself at early age that I would always go after handsome good looking men because good looking men can be faithful.

The bottom line is (and all jokes aside) people stay with the people who make them feel good. My sister is not a beauty (i love her but it is what it is). She got a lot of good men when she was YOUNGER because she had a much better personality back then. Now, she has changed.

John Lennon once said, "But I can be alone without Yoko, but I just have no wish to be. There’s no reason on earth why I should be alone without Yoko. There’s nothing more important than our relationship, nothing. "
This kind of love cannot be fake. I have asked myself this question many times, John could have any women he wanted, what exactly did he see in ono?

Now that I am older I can look at that relationship without much judgment and jealousy. Just like Paul McCarney said, "If john loved her, there must be something special about her. John was not dumb."

So who knows? Maybe there is a match made in heaven. Money, status, looks have nothing to do with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships