Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:03 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Looks play a major role too. A girls in their 20's obsess over good looking guys. "he's so cute" lol
I still think it is all about looks. To me at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 PM

814 posts, read 760,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
At least you're honest. lol

Old 10-09-2014, 06:05 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
It might be about looks and money when younger, but as you age it definitely gets less about looks, money to some degree, women nowadays are successful and they want a man who can pull his own, but I think older women money also gets to be less important as well......

Old 10-09-2014, 06:08 PM

814 posts, read 760,659 times
Quote:
I believe that, but who does live in all the fancy houses? When I go to the grocery store in Sugar Land (an upscale area in Houston) I see a lot of really beautiful mothers shopping with their kids. Same thing at a nice hotel, I see a lot of really good looking women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Their wives couldn't get a rich guy. That's the explanation.

I don't think every woman prioritizes money, but those who are attractive enough to have the option of dating rich guys usually end up doing so. Visit any welathy neighborhood and you'll see that the wives living in it are HOT.
Big time! lol

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah, the look of his rock hard abs pressed against your body, Lol

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
I bet if we started making a list of things that would get you more attention from the opposite sex and stuck to it, this thread would last weeks, months, maybe years.

What's the saying? These are opinions, and opinions are like **holes ('cause everyone's got one and they all a stink). If this were a proven mathematical formula or scientific model, ya'll wouldn't be on here discussing it. You'd be too busy batting away all the free sex being thrown your way.

I personally feel like this topic discussion did nothing else than promote chest beating, machismo, bravado...you name it.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:09 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
aww. Thanks Guys for the visual.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 PM

615 posts, read 726,375 times
Quote:
Looks play a major role too.
Yes, looks are the most important. They get you farther in life (and the dating world) than anything else. Good-looking people are playing life on "Easy Mode", as the saying goes. If you're good-looking, you will have no problem getting a high-paying job, making friends, being perceived as funny, etc. Looks are the real force multiplier in the dating world.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:12 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Quote:
Looks play a major role too. A girls in their 20's obsess over good looking guys. "he's so cute" lol
Truth right here!^^^^^

Old 10-09-2014, 06:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,226 times
I know two men in their early-mid 30s who make very good money, have director or executive-level jobs (and are good performers at their jobs), drive luxury-brand cars and live in the nicer part of town. They have hobbies and passion. Their social skills are solid. They are introverted. One of them even does public speaking on occasion and is pretty good at that. They are clean-cut and fit. Both have friends. Neither of them has dated very much and from what I've heard many women find them nice but not really attractive in a romantic sense. Put more bluntly, both guys were rather boring. They lacked spark and spontaneity. They also cared a bit too much about their image and reputation...a sign of insecurity and selfishness.

I know two other men in their late 20s/early 30s who don't make much money, live paycheck-to-paycheck, drive well-used cheap cars and live in apartments in a middle-class part of town. One of them even has a few interests that some may consider to be "feminine". The other one's a bit on the quiet side (but not shy). While they too are clean-cut, neither are particularly in good physical shape (one is a bit overweight and the other one is little more than a skeleton). Both are average height. They have both dated a lot, have had at least one prior long-term relationship, and are currently in serious relationships. They are very well-liked by all sorts of people and have many friends of both genders. They both effortlessly exude confidence and it's clear that they aren't image-conscious nor do they care what others think of them. They are also charming, fun to be around, do interesting and creative things in their lives, are good conversationalists and have great senses of humor. Despite their so-so financial situation they both seem happy. They also have drive and feel that someday things will get better for them money and job-wise.

Money and status ultimately mean little when it comes to attraction, especially for mature women. Looks matter a bit more but still not all that much. If you are insecure or a complete moron or a-hole, you're gonna be unattractive to most women no matter how good-looking, wealthy or well-known you are. They might find you cute at first glance, but as soon as they realize that you're insecure...whoosh out the window goes any interest they may have had. Even the few women who are gold-diggers are going to be attracted to your wallet, NOT you. You are merely a conduit to the $$$ in their eyes.

Things like confidence, empathy, being responsible and even humor are central components of a person's inner core. In other words, they are part of what makes you...YOU. If the core itself is rotten, it doesn't matter how much he "spices" or "seasons" it up (e.g. money, job promotions, awards, fitness, etc.)...it's still rotten. On the other hand...if the core is solid and healthy, then yes those "spices" could very well make an already attractive package a bit more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships