Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:55 PM

783 posts, read 850,062 times

Advertisements

If you had a better job, more prestigious title, better car or house etc. do you feel like it would positively effect your dating life? Before people get bent out of shape, this is not a gold digger thread. This is a male perception thread on whether men thinks it makes a difference or not.

When it comes down to it a lot of male behavior all revolves around finding the best mate we can get.

This video was from the Dr. Phil show and I thought it was pretty interesting as well. Ignore the title of the video please I can't change that, don't want to start a flame war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOlhnWNxnk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 03:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
A nice house and some spending cash helps, but I'm sure if I could find a woman with money who spent it on me, I'd like her a little more then other girls I've dated also

Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Honestly the only one holding you back from a successful dating life is you and no one else but you.
You have what appears to be a need to be labeled and have justification from others that women are exactly as you think they are without actually going out into the real world and finding out on your own.
Not every woman is after what you can give her or do for her, some of us actually love our men because they are who they are without all the outside influence.

Edited to add: The answer to your original question is no, it would not change anything (in my opinion) because you are who you are no matter how much money or status you have or think you have.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,335,726 times
Does a bear poop in the woods?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 PM

663 posts, read 778,360 times
What kind of question is this?

1. I don't believe in "luck"

2. If we ignore #1...Well why not?

If you were 4million dollars and company VP, how would you do any worse than if you were the company associate with $1,000 in your bank account?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
A nice house and some spending cash helps, but I'm sure if I could find a woman with money who spent it on me, I'd like her a little more then other girls I've dated also
I don't think that there's anything wrong with a woman that wants a guy that has a stable job with a decent income, a place and isn't drowning in bad debt.

Those are the same I'd want a woman to bring to the table.

Like you mentioned.... couldn't hurt if she had a few duckets and had a hankering to spend some on me.....

But... as a guy this isn't something that I actively thought about when I was younger and single, I was just focusing on school and getting a job and figured it would fall into place.

I don't think I would really want a woman that had a big thing for money, I mean, once you get past the basics and are living a decent lifestyle having a ton of money doesn't really change your day to day existence... at least it wouldn't for me....

Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,123 times
Yes and no, I think being successful with women is more than driving a nice car, having a career. So many other factors.

There are wealthy people who do not have successful romantic relationships. Heck look at some news stories, a woman cheats on her husband who may have a great career, with a teenage boy.

I should say that people who have their "Shi%" together are more attractive candidates for romantic partners. But again it varies by case, nothing is one hundred percent.

Last edited by Nema98; 10-09-2014 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 03:11 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yes and no, I think being successful with women is more than driving a nice car, having a career. So many other factors.

There are wealthy people who do not have successful romantic relationships. Heck look at some news stories, a woman cheats on her husband who may have a great career, with a teenage boy.
That "pool boy" thing has something to it..... but yep you're right it isn't always money.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:16 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
It seems to me 'no' and 'no difference' are the same thing. I said no, the question was undimensioned and I had to make some assumptions. If I was hypothetically a Billionaire, then I would say yes, because that is an entirely different strata of wealth.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
There's absolutely no question that a man with money is going to be generally more attractive to women. EG: I knew a salesman who as late 40's tall, rugged looking but not handsome. Yet, he always had money to spend, as he could put the entertainment on his expense acct. He would go into a bar, pump some cash down and start drinking and socializing and buying drinks. He had women he could call up all over his territory. One night he was in my town, hold up in a nice hotel, with a very attractive lady in her mid-30's. He calls me up and asks my wife and I out for dinner in a very nice restaurant. He pays for the whole thing.

All you have to do is read forums and internet chat. Women are not interested in men who live with a parent and don't have jobs or jobs that don't pay much. Myth Busters did a test on this and it was "confirmed." How else do you get a room full of women to show up to meet a millionaire who is interested in getting hitched?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships