Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 03:39 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I've women approach me after seeing me park the car I drive or at the gas pump. Sometimes they look over and wave at a stop light.
My buddy drives a beat up 2005 Toyota Corolla and he's married to a very nice girl. Getting looks, waved at or married to a nice girl? Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Frankly, I don't think it matters all that much what your net worth is when it comes to finding a mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 03:43 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,606,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
My buddy drives a beat up 2005 Toyota Corolla and he's married to a very nice girl. Getting looks, waved at or married to a nice girl? Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Frankly, I don't think it matters IRL.
A guy driving around in a lambo wearing designer clothes is going to get a lot more action than the same guy drivin around in a $500 dumpyard car with walmart clothes. This is undeniable.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
of course money and status give you a boost with the opposite gender.

When I drive around in $120,000 cars from work, guys are staring at me. Even around Malibu, where luxury cars are supposed to be all over the place. Guys wave from their motorcycles. Others flirt from the sidewalk. Line up to me at the traffic light and smile and roll down window and ask for my number. Nothing like that happens when I drive around in my own, cheap car.

I have coworkers (males) experience the same.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM

814 posts, read 759,739 times
Quote:

Frankly, I don't think it matters all that much what your net worth is when it comes to finding a mate.
You have more opportunity if you look like you have something to offer.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
A guy driving around in a lambo wearing designer clothes is going to get a lot more action than the same guy drivin around in a $500 dumpyard car with walmart clothes. This is undeniable.
Are we just talking about superficial action for the weekend? Or successful long term relationships? If the latter, I think it's going to matter more about the type of person you are than what your net worth is.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You have more opportunity if you look like you have something to offer.
Well, sure. I'm just saying it's not the end all, be all. I can assure you there are probably a lot of rich, lonely people out in the world as well simply because they're just not nice people. You might get more "action" as one poster put it. If that's all you're looking for, great. But if you're looking for something long term, meaningful, and substantial, you're going to need to be a decent person.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Any additional desirable trait is going to help you in your love life. However, if you are a complete d-bag - then the only women that will become attracted to you because you have more money will be the women that are ONLY attracted to you because of your money.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Any additional desirable trait is going to help you in your love life. However, if you are a complete d-bag - then the only women that will become attracted to you because you have more money will be the women that are ONLY attracted to you because of your money.
I think you summed up what I was trying to say more succinctly. I agree with this. Honestly though, some guys probably don't care. As long as they're getting "action", they're good.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:55 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,201,678 times
Most definitely. Money is what is keeping me from living life the way I want.

Just 2.5 more years, I know it will happen eventually.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:55 PM

814 posts, read 759,739 times
Quote:
Are we just talking about superficial action for the weekend? Or successful long term relationships? If the latter, I think it's going to matter more about the type of person you are than what your net worth is.
Women like well off men, a good provider and financial security. It's biological, when they see a man in a suit and a nice car they see success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships