Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:24 PM

814 posts, read 760,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Atlanta is awesome, though a little pretentious. So in Atlanta, I would be judged on my car (Honda Civic), despite making good money. Wouldn't matter if I was the millionaire next door. But its workable. I may get a new car soon anyway. OKC is a disaster. Everyone gets married by 23 and has 3 kids. If they're divorced in their 30's, they have 3 kids. I want my own family. Its a nightmare. All I get with OLD are 45-55 year old women with grown kids interested in me. NO THANKS! As for women 30-40, forget it.
How old are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
If you had a better job, more prestigious title, better car or house etc. do you feel like it would positively effect your dating life?
Yes.

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Atlanta is awesome, though a little pretentious. So in Atlanta, I would be judged on my car (Honda Civic), despite making good money. Wouldn't matter if I was the millionaire next door. But its workable. I may get a new car soon anyway. OKC is a disaster. Everyone gets married by 23 and has 3 kids. If they're divorced in their 30's, they have 3 kids. I want my own family. Its a nightmare. All I get with OLD are 45-55 year old women with grown kids interested in me. NO THANKS! As for women 30-40, forget it.
There are great dating locations here (Buckhead Area & Atlantic Station), and many pretty + well educated girls in the tech area who are ready for a relationship with nice guys . There are options for Gays and players (Cheetah ) as well.

I'm a student living on mom's money though, so I avoid dating and "playing" at all costs since things can get very expensive.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're still not talking the same thing, I'm simply saying that one doesn't have look like you stepped out of a GQ photo shoot to pull down women.

Like another poster mentioned, tons of average to lower average salaried guys meet and get married and have kids...

It's not simply just a money issue, there are tons of variables to the success with the opposite sex.
Yeah, you have to just work with what you have. I guess if you have more money it just gets you noticed.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I believe that, but who does live in all the fancy houses? When I go to the grocery store in Sugar Land (an upscale area in Houston) I see a lot of really beautiful mothers shopping with their kids. Same thing at a nice hotel, I see a lot of really good looking women.
You'd be surprised how many people live beyond their means, paycheck-to-paycheck. And a lot of people are "house poor." House Poor Definition | Investopedia It's crazy.

Sure a lot of people have money and live in those houses, but it's a big mistake to assume someone who lives in a nice house and drives a nice car has money. Personally, I like the "Chow" type who lives well within his means and isn't all showy about it (because that's how I am).

Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Women like well off men, a good provider and financial security. It's biological, when they see a man in a suit and a nice car they see success.
yes to the bolded.

The suit? meh.
The nice car? its probably leased

Old 10-09-2014, 04:49 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I used to work in a real estate office. Sometimes people in beat up cars, greasy hair, unkempt and nasty looking came in and the realtors were all over them. When they left, I said "So why did you show this guy million dollar houses if he can't even afford a nice car?" They picked up on little signs, gestures, socks, watches, the way they talked, that these people actually did have the money to buy expensive houses.

And then there were the guys who showed up with fancy clothes and fancy cars and acted all rich and the realtors later on said that they were most likely just pretending. And they were right, they never bought a house. They just liked looking at houses they can never afford and spend their weekends like that.

I had no clue, I was just believing what I was meant to believe.
That "judging" thing goes both ways, like I said, I look like some kind of head banger metalhead and one time I was out shopping to get new rims and tires for the mustang I was talking to this salechump and he was assuming that I'd need to get their "payement plan"

LOl, when I did buy them outright he was actually surprised.....wasn't a huge amount of money but enough for him to assume I couldn't write the check...

Quote:
Yeah, you have to just work with what you have. I guess if you have more money it just gets you noticed.
Exactly.... some guys have more, some guys have less... such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You'd be surprised how many people live beyond their means, paycheck-to-paycheck. And a lot of people are "house poor." House Poor Definition | Investopedia It's crazy.

Sure a lot of people have money and live in those houses, but it's a big mistake to assume someone who lives in a nice house and drives a nice car has money. Personally, I like the "Chow" type who lives well within his means and isn't all showy about it (because that's how I am).
I shouldn't sit atop of my self righteousness, I used to be silly with money, it wasn't til I was about 28 or so that I started to get a little smarter about it.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Or rented. I'd love to rent a Merc S-Class @ $81/hr for some time, just for the feel .

Nice cars are mostly for having some fun. Try it out, rent a Porsche for some time and drive around Sydney.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:55 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Affluent suburban mcmansion style neighborhoods are the domain of married couple families with children. Not sure why a single person would want to live in that type of neighborhood.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
yes to the bolded.

The suit? meh.
Not necessarily, I own my 5 series. It's really nice. ATLguy has pics, I think he looks really good in the suit. (no homo)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships